Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Entire car PPF

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2017, 09:41 AM
TorqueChap
Three Wheelin'

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I wrapped my entire car which included several custom applications (e.g., targa bar, seat backs). The PPF, calipers and wheels were then nanocoated. Paint correction was performed prior to the wrap. My costs were high due to the fact the car was wrapped between two continents and the aforementioned custom PPF. Total cost was around $10k and worth every penny.
Old 09-15-2017, 11:33 AM
Detailed Designs
Burning Brakes

Received 51 Likes on 26 Posts

I am copying and pasting some information and renderings I created to give a general what's what for PPF coverage on a 991 to this thread. The visuals and descriptions are pretty on-point for most people. Of course, different folks, different strokes and all...

For those that are not aware of paint protection film (AKA Clear Bra): It is a clear urethane film that can be installed on newer cars to protect them from rock chips, swirl marks, many forms of vandalism, bird bomb or bug mark etching and more. For the sake of you being able to see the coverage I am speaking about, I have used an image of a 991.2 with a green overlay to illustrate how the different forms of coverage lay over the car. Paint protection film is virtually impossible to see with a good installation.

Front kit coverage would be a minimalist approach to protection by protecting the front end but still leaves the damage-prone upper portion of the hood and fenders exposed. For most folks, this coverage does not quite hit the mark as the line across the hood and fenders is unsightly and does not sufficiently protect the hood and fenders. With that said, I am leaving the graphic for this out of the discussion as it's very rare for us to install a partial front kit.

Full full end clear bra protection:

For many people, the full front end clear bra wrap is seen as a true minimum for good protection. Upgrading the coverage to include the full hood and full front fenders is going to offer the full front of the car’s lowers jamb up protection while also not showing off any lines across the hood or fenders.

Performance package clear bra wrap:

This is by far our most popular clear bra wrap package. The performance package adds the A-pillars, leading edge of the roof, rocker panels, lower portions of the doors and strips behind the rear wheels to the full front end clear bra wrap. The performance package also gets an incredibly thick, 20 mil clear film layered over the clear bra in the most exposed areas around the wheel arches. This combines to give our clients a 28 mil thick film protection. Because these 20 mil thick film strips are layered over the clear bra, they can be easily removed and replaced when they get worn out. The performance package not only protects your car from rocks thrown from cars in front of you but it also protects the lower sides against your own car’s tires cannibalizing the paint.

Short of a full body clear bra wrap, the performance package offers the best wear and tear protection in a single package.

Full body clear bra wrap:

A full body clear bra wrap for your car is the ultimate in protection. Wrapping a new car with clear bra gives you the peace of mind of knowing most types of vandalism and non-major impacts will guard your original factory paint all over the body of the car. No more concern about creating swirl marks in the paint, bug mark or bird dropping damage, acid rain etching or other chemical damage (short of a catastrophic accident that would certainly eat through clear bra urethane) and of course, the car is well guarded from rock chips all over.

A full wrap is not inexpensive but for those that want the best, it’s a full body clear bra wrap or nothing.
Old 09-15-2017, 11:39 AM
R_Rated
Banned

Received 42 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Detailed Designs
I am copying and pasting some information and renderings I created to give a general what's what for PPF coverage on a 991 to this thread. The visuals and descriptions are pretty on-point for most people. Of course, different folks, different strokes and all...

For those that are not aware of paint protection film (AKA Clear Bra): It is a clear urethane film that can be installed on newer cars to protect them from rock chips, swirl marks, many forms of vandalism, bird bomb or bug mark etching and more. For the sake of you being able to see the coverage I am speaking about, I have used an image of a 991.2 with a green overlay to illustrate how the different forms of coverage lay over the car. Paint protection film is virtually impossible to see with a good installation.

Front kit coverage would be a minimalist approach to protection by protecting the front end but still leaves the damage-prone upper portion of the hood and fenders exposed. For most folks, this coverage does not quite hit the mark as the line across the hood and fenders is unsightly and does not sufficiently protect the hood and fenders. With that said, I am leaving the graphic for this out of the discussion as it's very rare for us to install a partial front kit.

For many people, the full front end clear bra wrap is seen as a true minimum for good protection. Upgrading the coverage to include the full hood and full front fenders is going to offer the full front of the car’s lowers jamb up protection while also not showing off any lines across the hood or fenders.

This is by far our most popular clear bra wrap package. The performance package adds the A-pillars, leading edge of the roof, rocker panels, lower portions of the doors and strips behind the rear wheels to the full front end clear bra wrap. The performance package also gets an incredibly thick, 20 mil clear film layered over the clear bra in the most exposed areas around the wheel arches. This combines to give our clients a 28 mil thick film protection. Because these 20 mil thick film strips are layered over the clear bra, they can be easily removed and replaced when they get worn out. The performance package not only protects your car from rocks thrown from cars in front of you but it also protects the lower sides against your own car’s tires cannibalizing the paint.

Short of a full body clear bra wrap, the performance package offers the best wear and tear protection in a single package.

A full body clear bra wrap for your car is the ultimate in protection. Wrapping a new car with clear bra gives you the peace of mind of knowing most types of vandalism and non-major impacts will guard your original factory paint all over the body of the car. No more concern about creating swirl marks in the paint, bug mark or bird dropping damage, acid rain etching or other chemical damage (short of a catastrophic accident that would certainly eat through clear bra urethane) and of course, the car is well guarded from rock chips all over.

A full wrap is not inexpensive but for those that want the best, it’s a full body clear bra wrap or nothing.
I took a little of a short cut and did the full wrap minus rear bumper and decklid.

It is important to note that IMHO the complete rear hips should be done as the humps in front of the rear tires take just as much abuse as the front bumper and the OEM shark fin doesn't cut it.
Old 09-15-2017, 12:29 PM
mikex25

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Mine was roughly 6-7k in Northern California, which is much more expensive than other areas.

Keep in mind if you do get your whole car PPF. Getting PDR is going to be a bit tricky, since they can tap a dent out from behind but can't level it from the top.
Old 09-16-2017, 02:29 PM
Bud Taylor
Drifting

Received 423 Likes on 304 Posts
Default Performance package

I did the performance package including entire roof and stone chip areas. $1700 mix of expel and suntek. Came out very well. I am amazed someone paid 10k ...

QUOTE=Detailed Designs;14477301]I am copying and pasting some information and renderings I created to give a general what's what for PPF coverage on a 991 to this thread. The visuals and descriptions are pretty on-point for most people. Of course, different folks, different strokes and all...

A full wrap is not inexpensive but for those that want the best, it’s a full body clear bra wrap or nothing.[/QUOTE]

Quick Reply: Entire car PPF