Sponsored by:

991 water in fuel. Permanent dtc's

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2017, 12:43 AM
ScottBoyd
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 991 water in fuel. Permanent dtc's

Recently purchased a 2013 991 carrera S. On the way to the second day of a local DE event I stopped to top off with 7 gallons of 93 octane. About a mile down the road the car starts chugging and bucking, spitting and coughing. I immediately assume I got some bad fuel.(water). Reduced engine power comes on the dash. Car barely runs. Won't wind over 3500 rpm. I return to the station to alert the manager. It's a Sunday so no one can help me. I buy two bottles of Heet. Basically methanol to help absorb what I still assume is bad, water in the fuel I had just added. No change. I remove the fuel sender and electric in tank pump. Sure enough, water in the tank. I clean it all out and replace the electric pump assuming the tank sock or strainer is saturated with water. Also replace the spark plugs as codes for misfire were now in the ECU. Also code P1026 present. I start it back up and it still runs the same but begins to clear up. Idle clears up and throttle response returns but reduced engine power comes back on the dash. I recheck codes and the misfire codes and P1026 are listed as permanent codes. Can't clear them with my Por icar soft scan tool. Not sure that's the actual brand but close. My questions are these. Can permanent codes only be cleared by a dealer or? The P1026 I believe is a HPFP related code? I think maybe if these permanent codes were cleared the ECU would allow the car to run right again? Or does the HPFP also need replacing because of the water run through it? The car seems like it wants to run but only being held back by the reduced engine power ECU control of the rpm. Do I need to take it to the dealer or? The only reading I could find about the P1026 code was on a GT3 and the guy replaced the HPFP and cleared codes with a "durametric"?? then the car ran fine. Help please. Thanks.
Old 09-13-2017, 12:46 AM
ScottBoyd
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

iCarsoft POR II is the name of my scan tool. Thanks.
Old 09-13-2017, 02:26 PM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,580 Likes on 1,603 Posts

Take it to the dealer.

keep the receipt, and call your insurance immediately. Let the dealer fix it correctly and have the service station pay for it!

Quick Reply: 991 water in fuel. Permanent dtc's