Sponsored by:

Real nice 15 TTS cab in Boston

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2017 | 02:14 PM
vjd3
Addict
Rennlist Member

Default Real nice 15 TTS cab in Boston

Excuse the crosspost but I thought I would pass along what I think is a real nice deal on a 2015 991.1 Turbo S cabriolet at Ferrari New England ... they are asking $149k but I believe there is a little room there. Should still be substantial factory warranty remaining. I drove it this morning, if you're looking for a TTS, this is a nice one.

Under 12k miles, metallic black, dark red- black interior, black dash, two owners (both regular Ferrari clients), Burmeister, looks perfect, drives perfect, heck of a car, just could not quite bring myself to part with my own Ferrari. This car is all there, one little scuff on a front rim which I'm sure they would be happy to clean up. They are literally 5 minutes from Porsche of Westwood, too, for a PPI, but after driving and looking at the car today it's pretty clear it needs nothing.

Contact Jamie at Ferrari of New England if interested, jramirez@ferrarine.com

http://www.ferrarine.com/used/Porsch...b8ee362c13.htm

Old 09-08-2017 | 02:31 PM
Gus_Smedstad
Burning Brakes

I thought I'd post the build sheet, but the usual method ends up with something that's clearly incomplete. Sticker price was $203k new, and the list options don't add up to that.

The dealer site says 14 way seats, but they're quite clearly 18 way from the photos. Build sheet says Premium Package Plus, PDLS+, and little else beyond the color scheme (black / garnet red).

It's funny, I'm shelling out a bit more than this ($150k) for a GTS 4 cab order, Norwood is local for me, and yet I'm not tempted by this. There's the "wife won't stand for another black car" issue, but I find that I don't want red leather. Even if black / red is about the best combination for a car with red leather IMHO.

The car should make someone happy, though.
Old 09-08-2017 | 02:50 PM
vjd3
Addict
Rennlist Member

It's a pretty loaded car, from what I can tell, although most Turbo S cabs are pretty loaded at sticker. Gus, I drove your former C4S as well another 15 Turbo S cab down at another dealer last weekend. Loved the color of your car, only thing that deterred me was the tan dash reflecting in the glass and the lack of Sport Chrono on it. But very well kept and a nice example. They had a nice TTS too but the price difference between this TTS and their TTS with the trade involved was staggeringly high.

I agree on black cars, for the most part, although metallic black is not nearly as difficult to care for (I had a basalt black 07 C2 cab). However, I fully wrapped my Ferrari and with the carbon ceramic brakes, the car always looks spotless and pretty much all you have to do is rinse it once in a while. No swirls, no problems. It would be hard for me to go back to a car without those brakes now, and I would certainly wrap a brand new (or used) six-figure car.

Someone should snap up this TTS, tell 'em I sent you.

Originally Posted by Gus_Smedstad
I thought I'd post the build sheet, but the usual method ends up with something that's clearly incomplete. Sticker price was $203k new, and the list options don't add up to that.

The dealer site says 14 way seats, but they're quite clearly 18 way from the photos. Build sheet says Premium Package Plus, PDLS+, and little else beyond the color scheme (black / garnet red).

It's funny, I'm shelling out a bit more than this ($150k) for a GTS 4 cab order, Norwood is local for me, and yet I'm not tempted by this. There's the "wife won't stand for another black car" issue, but I find that I don't want red leather. Even if black / red is about the best combination for a car with red leather IMHO.

The car should make someone happy, though.
Old 09-08-2017 | 03:06 PM
Gus_Smedstad
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by vjd3
Gus, I drove your former C4S as well another 15 Turbo S cab down at another dealer last weekend. Loved the color of your car, only thing that deterred me was the tan dash reflecting in the glass and the lack of Sport Chrono on it.
Interesting to hear from someone test driving my former car. I'm beating myself up about selling it right now, mainly because I'd rather be driving it than my wife's Cayman S. Which is not a bad car either, but it's not a 991 4S cab either, and the weather is still great for top-down driving.

I agree with your comments, by the way. Exterior color is great, in fact it's the reason we bought the car over less expensive 4S cab choices, but I wasn't fond of the beige leather. Missing Sport Chrono's a bit of a negative too, though if you're driving in Manual mode all the time and don't care about launch control, you can mostly make up for it.

Funny thing, if I look at C4S cabs in blue or red on Autotrader, it's the least expensive one out there! Dealers seem to be charging a premium for used 991.1's right now. South Shore (NJ) wants $110k for the 2015 Sapphire Blue 4S cab they have, which seems at least $15k over a fair price.

Which is part of the reason why selling mine feels like it was dumb right now. Me and my picky color preferences - there's a lot more choice if you're willing to go white or black, of course.
Old 09-08-2017 | 03:31 PM
vjd3
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Gus_Smedstad
Missing Sport Chrono's a bit of a negative too, though if you're driving in Manual mode all the time and don't care about launch control, you can mostly make up for it.

Funny thing, if I look at C4S cabs in blue or red on Autotrader, it's the least expensive one out there! Dealers seem to be charging a premium for used 991.1's right now. South Shore (NJ) wants $110k for the 2015 Sapphire Blue 4S cab they have, which seems at least $15k over a fair price.

Which is part of the reason why selling mine feels like it was dumb right now. Me and my picky color preferences - there's a lot more choice if you're willing to go white or black, of course.
I've never used the auto mode in any of my dual clutch cars, aside from my Macan S. I'm not sure if it's due to the lack of sport chrono or not, but I did find the shifts on your former cab to be slower than I remembered on my 2012, and definitely slower than the TTS, with both cars in Sport mode. I know you get different motor mounts with Sport Chrono, not sure if that makes any difference, but I've never noticed a lag shifting in any PDK 911. I don't think it was the buttons on the steering wheel, either, the TTS has paddles, as does my current car. My 2012 had the buttons and it took a couple of minutes to get used to pulling with my left hand and pushing with my right hand to shift. Or maybe something is off a little on that car, not sure. It wasn't terrible but there was a little hesitation there.

I attributed the lower asking price to the lack of sport chrono and the (relatively) high miles on the C4S compared to some others floating around out there, but it's still under 30k and I prefer cars that are driven regularly. I have a soft spot for that color as the first 911 I ever drove way back in 1990 was a 77 911S in kiln red, which is a metallic burnt orange color. If I owned your C4S I'd have kept her : )

The place I tend to come to in these situations is whether the upgrade from the old car to the new car is really worth the money, assuming you like the old car, too. I don't think the performance leap from a 991.1 to a 991.2 is that substantial to warrant a major expenditure, and, really, I prefer the sound of the normally aspirated car, so that is just a plus in my book.

However, in your case it's also going from a used car to a new car. Something to be said for ordering a brand new car to your specs, though, here's to the allocation process going well and you being very happy with the results.

Old 09-08-2017 | 03:38 PM
Gus_Smedstad
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by vjd3
I'm not sure if it's due to the lack of sport chrono or not, but I did find the shifts on your former cab to be slower than I remembered on my 2012, and definitely slower than the TTS, with both cars in Sport mode.
Interesting. I'm still relatively new to PDK cars, so it's not a difference I picked up on, myself.

Anyway, hadn't meant to derail the thread, particularly so early! Maybe someone will have questions about the black TTS and bring it back on track.
Old 09-08-2017 | 03:49 PM
NiteJav
Burning Brakes

Here are the full details

Prod Month:
05/2015
VIN:
WP0CD2A91FS178698
Price:
$202,930.00
Exterior:
Jet Black Metallic
Interior:
Leather Interior in Black/Garnet Red
Additional Equipment
2T
Jet Black Metallic
Seat heating (front)
Luggage net in passenger footwell
Smoking package
Light Design Package
Two-tone leather interior
BA
P3L
Premium Package Plus
P3M
Burmester® High-End Infotainment Package
XEY
LED Headlights in Black incl. Porsche Dynamic Light System Plus (PDLS Plus)
XFG
Instrument dials in Guards Red

Auction price is at 140k for a 12k mile car at the low and 150k for one with 8k miles at the high. Not sure what they got it for but that's the auction range. Fair price for sure at the retail level. If the prior owner paid sticker they probably took a 60k bath on this thing. Then again if it was traded at a Ferrari dealer they likely have FU money anyway and don't really care. ~$5 a mile in depreciation.
Old 09-08-2017 | 05:13 PM
socalpcarfan
Instructor

Originally Posted by NiteJav
Here are the full details

Prod Month:
05/2015
VIN:
WP0CD2A91FS178698
Price:
$202,930.00
Exterior:w
Jet Black Metallic
Interior:
Additional Equipment
2T
Jet Black Metallic
Seat heating (front)
Luggage net in passenger footwell
Smoking package
Light Design Package
Two-tone leather interior
BA
P3L
Premium Package Plus
P3M
Burmester® High-End Infotainment Package
XEY
LED Headlights in Black incl. Porsche Dynamic Light System Plus (PDLS Plus)
XFG
Instrument dials in Guards Red

Auction price is at 140k for a 12k mile car at the low and 150k for one with 8k miles at the high. Not sure what they got it for but that's the auction range. Fair price for sure at the retail level. If the prior owner paid sticker they probably took a 60k bath on this thing. Then again if it was traded at a Ferrari dealer they likely have FU money anyway and don't really care. ~$5 a mile in depreciation.
likely 75k if you take in taxes & fees so probably over $6 per mile. Then again, prolly FU money anyway

Quick Reply: Real nice 15 TTS cab in Boston