Deviated stitching and leather cleaning conditioning question

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2017, 01:31 PM
ahughes3214
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Deviated stitching and leather cleaning conditioning question

Hello all,
I've seen lots of posts about what products to use to clean and condition leather.

My specific inquiry is to whether anyone has had success with leather cleaning and conditioning products that minimize negative impacts to the deviated stitching (specifically white stitching on black leather). I'd like to avoid making the stitching greasy, attract dirt, and turn brown in the process.
Suggestions appreciated. Thank you very much.
Old 09-09-2017, 11:23 PM
Rezus
Racer

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts

I have had similar concerns, my stitching is red. Used Zaino cleaner and conditioner and tried to avoid the sticthng with conditioner but it is difficult. Having done it a few times and getting over the stitching by accident, I did not see any adverse effects so not as concerned anymore. Not sure if white is a bit more prone to discoloration though
Old 09-12-2017, 01:01 PM
ahughes3214
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rezus
I have had similar concerns, my stitching is red. Used Zaino cleaner and conditioner and tried to avoid the sticthng with conditioner but it is difficult. Having done it a few times and getting over the stitching by accident, I did not see any adverse effects so not as concerned anymore. Not sure if white is a bit more prone to discoloration though
Thank you very much for the reply Rezus
Andrew

Quick Reply: Deviated stitching and leather cleaning conditioning question