Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Get the Porsche Side Decal or not?
Yes
37.23%
No
45.99%
Neutral
16.79%
Voters: 137. You may not vote on this poll

Porsche Side Decal Opinion

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2017, 01:45 PM
subshooter
Rennlist Member

Received 2,260 Likes on 1,037 Posts

Originally Posted by ibmiked
Put it on the passenger side only. Make it a point of approaching the car from different sides over the course of a week or two. You'll know soon enough which side looks better. The best part is that since others can only see one side of the car at a time very few people will pick up on the lack of symmetry. I did the same thing with the CARRERA decal on my own car and decided to remove it and keep the car 'clean' looking.
That is an interesting idea. Maybe. I'd have to think about it.

Originally Posted by Al.Fresco
I think it depends on if you are going for a more classy 911 touring car look, or a more sporty 911 track car look. I personally like the decal if you are leaning toward a more sporty look, and I think the black wheels already give it some early "turn in" toward that sporty direction.
Yeah...I tend to lean more towards the "boy racer" persona and not the classy guy in a 911. I like loud exhausts, black wheels and wings. I'm leaning towards the decal even though the majority say no.

Originally Posted by Bacura
Decal=ricer. Sorry. You asked.
No problem. I appreciate the feedback.

Originally Posted by R_Rated
I'm neutral and am considering it too although to be fair - your car won't have those wheels, bumper, red calipers or center locks so could look completely different.
Ah yeah.....but it does have the clear side markers. ...and it's faster than yours. lol.
Old 09-01-2017, 02:05 PM
Greg D.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 280 Likes on 139 Posts

I like it... it was on older models (proof below) before the term ricer was even invented, and I always liked it on a white car as a way to break the whiteness... PErsonally it's the blakc wheels that I dislike, but hey, our cars, our rules... If I was not so cheap (and unsure of fitment) I'd also put in fuchs or fuchs-like wheels on it to tie it better to the grandma on the right, visually...

PS: it's like the third time I post this pic this week, I apologize!!!! But hey it's relevant....
Attached Images  
The following users liked this post:
MaxPoodling (07-11-2023)
Old 09-01-2017, 02:08 PM
Al.Fresco
Three Wheelin'

Received 332 Likes on 190 Posts

Originally Posted by Greg D.
PS: it's like the third time I post this pic this week, I apologize!!!! But hey it's relevant....
Hey...its a great pic. I for one enjoying seeing it as many times as you want to post it.
Old 09-01-2017, 02:14 PM
R_Rated
Banned

Received 42 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by subshooter

Ah yeah.....but it does have the clear side markers. ...and it's faster than yours. lol.

What tracks have you been to? Would love to compare lap times and see.

What's the top speed you've been in your car? I'd love to compare this too - My #1 car did fairly well in the 1/2 mile shootout we had a few months ago.

Or are you just talking about what you read online from a magazine quote?
Old 09-01-2017, 02:16 PM
R_Rated
Banned

Received 42 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Al.Fresco
Hey...its a great pic. I for one enjoying seeing it as many times as you want to post it.
Yeah how cool to have 2 from such different generations. perfect DD and weekend setup!
Old 09-01-2017, 02:23 PM
shake1
Racer

Received 79 Likes on 52 Posts

I think it looks pretty good. Go for it, you can take it off it you get bored.

Out of curiosity, does anyone have a picture of a side decal on a Dark Blue Metallic or Black 911? I assume silver would look better on a darker colour.
Old 09-01-2017, 02:25 PM
Greg D.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Yeah how cool to have 2 from such different generations. perfect DD and weekend setup!
Wait, which one do you assume is the DD and W/E ? ;-)

Kidding, neither in truth, though both could... DD is an electric "appliance"... The old one feels like a rocket ship at 40 mph, the new one *is* a rocketship as you know. But less exploitable in DD situations. Still, I enjoy the AC and the modern comforts... The old one is MFI injection which in my opinion produces is the gnarliest sounding 911 engines. It sound so pissed off all the time, you don't even need to go fast to get goosebumps - sports exhaust my a$$ ;-)

Anyway, I like the stripe, OP... And they're easy to put on and take off and cost like <$100 - if you want the correct ones like on the old 911R contact bob Tilton - he's making them with the right font...not all vendors do.
Bob Tilton <bobt AT werkcrew.com>
Old 09-01-2017, 02:41 PM
Ticket Target
Racer

Received 136 Likes on 105 Posts

I had this for a few years and liked the stripes.
Old 09-01-2017, 02:42 PM
subshooter
Rennlist Member

What tracks have you been to? Would love to compare lap times and see.

What's the top speed you've been in your car? I'd love to compare this too - My #1 car did fairly well in the 1/2 mile shootout we had a few months ago.

Or are you just talking about what you read online from a magazine quote?
I don't want to hijack my own thread. I was just poking you since you are so down on the .2. To be clear, I said "it is faster" Not me. Every time I go to the track, I realize how bad of a driver I am.

I am referring to 0-60 times published by caranddriver as well as other instrumented tests.

I've been up to 162 mph in my 911 and 60 mph in my 981. Only been on two tracks for a total of 5 times. I am not a track guy at all and it shows.
Old 09-01-2017, 03:05 PM
subshooter
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by shake1
I think it looks pretty good. Go for it, you can take it off it you get bored.

I think I will. I am applying the decals myself and I will post pictures afterwards.....provided PORSCHE is not upside down or crooked.
Old 09-01-2017, 03:16 PM
Greg D.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Try the guy I mentioned because he prints them only when requested, or to get a fresh decal set. I've applied a few of these and if they sat on a shelf for several months, they tend to stick to the backing or not on the car, and become a pain! Nothing too hard with soapy water and a squeegee... most bubbles will go away over time...
Old 09-01-2017, 04:49 PM
flickroll
Burning Brakes

Received 75 Likes on 47 Posts

I think the answer is 'it depends'. Depends on which 911 model, paint color etc. On the white GTS in the first photo I think it looks great. On another car I might not like it as much. I would not think about putting it on the Carmine Red GTS in my Avatar for example. But again, on the white one I like it.
Old 09-01-2017, 05:49 PM
titan7
Rennlist Member

Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts

love it, but I have it on my car, looks good with the right color, trim, wheels.
Old 09-01-2017, 06:18 PM
Porsche_nuts
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,219 Likes on 737 Posts

Well, if you want another opinion, fast forward to 3 minutes in

Old 09-01-2017, 06:34 PM
titan7
Rennlist Member

Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Porsche_nuts
Well, if you want another opinion, fast forward to 3 minutes in

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWiDmsabOAg&t=628s
LOL, this guy is a tool! Opinions are like *******s everybody has one, LOL!

It still cracks me up as I have been stopped by five people at red lights or when getting out of the car in 12 days of ownership to ask me what color the car is and tell me how awesome the Miami blue is! Different stokes, right! Do what you like who cares what anybody else says! I think White, Black, and Silver 911s are boring,

As long as you are happy who cares!

Quick Reply: Porsche Side Decal Opinion