Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Long Time Lurker, FINALLY AN OWNER!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2017, 03:18 AM
titan7
Rennlist Member

Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts

Congrats!!!! Welcome to the club!!! Love the color!!! Porcshe blues are are best!!!!
Old 09-10-2017, 08:53 AM
shammerman
Rennlist Member

Received 659 Likes on 349 Posts

Congratulations - Looks great! Don't forget to join PCA - you will have a tom of great information and you will meet some new lifelong friends through your local chapter. https://www.pca.org.
Old 09-10-2017, 08:54 PM
dmtsc
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice ride, enjoy!
Old 09-10-2017, 09:00 PM
Bemo
Drifting

Received 262 Likes on 172 Posts

Congratulations on achieving a lifelong dream.
Old 09-10-2017, 10:44 PM
Class5Kayaker
Pro

Received 213 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by 9ELOVIN
Congratulations! Beautiful car. Just what do you mean by "not ugly" color?
Lime gold comes to mind.....(sorry Shammerman....just not my style....lol)

Last edited by Class5Kayaker; 09-10-2017 at 11:04 PM.
Old 09-10-2017, 10:48 PM
Class5Kayaker
Pro

Originally Posted by KWP1911
Congrats on the purchase! I like the color and love the platinum wheels on the SB or black cars.

As for the question:- FabSpeed Deluxe Quad-Style Tips. *Question for you all.....is this considered being a "poser"? I really don't like the look of the dual wide ovals it came with, but also don't want to be "that guy" (like fake "S" badges, etc.)

Of course not! I replaced the ovals on my Cayenne with quad tips and I think it looks awesome. It's not poser at all. Even if one did think so, he didn't pay for your car, so his opinion doesn't matter.
Thanks for the input on the quad exhausts. Coming from the Bimmer community, anything that might make a "lesser" car appear like a "better" one is frowned upon by most. I know the S comes standard with the quad exhausts and didn't want to be accused of being a "poser" although after following Rennlist for so long it seemed like a common mod and I can't recall anyone accusing the person of trying to make their car appear to be a better model. Now adding an "S" badge, that would cross the line IMO
Old 09-10-2017, 10:55 PM
Class5Kayaker
Pro

Originally Posted by macanakey
Congratulations on your new 911! Drive it in good health! Fields is my local dealer & they're decent to deal with. I got my Macan from them & we talked to them about at GTS2 that had come in. We ended up passing on it because they weren't offering enough of a discount & because we really wanted one with front axle lift. We ended up finding an near twin of it with FAL at Southpoint in Durham & brought it home last month. The Hubster & I absolutely love it & I expect that you will too.
We have a small dealer close to where I live, but the bulk of their inventory is Macans, Cayennes , and Panameras and they rarely have CPO 911s, so I had to expand my search radius.

I was EXTREMELY pleased with the purchasing experience at Fields. They were already asking a very reasonable price for the car and negotiations were very up-front (a little more off the asking and a fair offer for my trade sight unseen {with the caveat that it was in the condition I described} after a little back and forth). No pressure to buy extra warranties, etc. although they made sure to let me know everything available. Since we worked out everything via email and over the phone, and they were expecting our arrival (I updated them along our drive out there), the car was waiting for our test drive when we arrived, and the finance person had everything prepared once the test drive was done. We were literally there for less than an hour.
Old 09-10-2017, 10:57 PM
Class5Kayaker
Pro

Originally Posted by StormRune
Very nice car and excellent choices on the mods. I think the quad tips will look great!
Thanks!
Old 09-10-2017, 11:01 PM
Class5Kayaker
Pro

Originally Posted by NA430GTS
2006 lurker! First post in 2017! You have some powerful stamina. Congratulations on the new ride! SBM is one of my favorite colors. Enjoy!
Yeah....All those years lurking I got all educated on 996's, then 997's, then 991's. I still have "The Essential Companion" book for the 996 sitting on my bookshelf. I'm just uber-conservative with spending on "toys" and finally reached that point in life where this purchase was an unnoticeable blip on our budget.

After having it for three weeks, a big part of me wishes I had pulled the trigger earlier though.
Old 09-10-2017, 11:03 PM
Class5Kayaker
Pro

Originally Posted by shammerman
Congratulations - Looks great! Don't forget to join PCA - you will have a tom of great information and you will meet some new lifelong friends through your local chapter. https://www.pca.org.
I already had planned on becoming a member, but a nice "bonus" from Fields Porsche of Jacksonville was a free 1-year membership.
Old 09-10-2017, 11:07 PM
KWP1911
Racer

Received 55 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Class5Kayaker
Thanks for the input on the quad exhausts. Coming from the Bimmer community, anything that might make a "lesser" car appear like a "better" one is frowned upon by most. I know the S comes standard with the quad exhausts and didn't want to be accused of being a "poser" although after following Rennlist for so long it seemed like a common mod and I can't recall anyone accusing the person of trying to make their car appear to be a better model. Now adding an "S" badge, that would cross the line IMO
LOL

I have an E39 M5, so I'm very familiar with others trying to make their cars look like something it's not. LOL

But changing the tips is not one of those things.

There is a guy on here who did add the S to his car's name and put stickers on it, etc. A lot of guys gave him hell, but I'm of the mind that it's his money and his car. He can do with it what he wishes. Live and let live.....

Quick Reply: Long Time Lurker, FINALLY AN OWNER!!