Sponsored by:

New 991.2 GTS Google Maps?!

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2017, 01:42 PM
4pipes
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by dhirm5
Not sure how to fix, but I have to say, this feature is pretty horrible. I tried once, hated it, and went back to the main map layer.

Am I missing some benefit of this function?
Via google earth, you get great traffic data and street view if you need it. Also, online search for a destination.
Old 08-21-2017, 01:44 PM
wassy
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You should have registered on the Porsche connect website when you got th car or shortly afterwards. The code will be on there on the right hand side and will say active or inactive. It’s active once you enter it in th car per my instructions above. You can of course call Porsche relations but will be same walk through. I believe you also want to make sure you have th Porsche pcm connect app and your phone is connected to either the cars Wi-Fi or the car is connected to your phones hotspot. Setup and all the tech is a bit convoluted quite honestly. Calling them certainly helps a bit.

https://login.porsche.com/auth/US/en_US/

This is what it looks like from an iPhone mobile Porsche connect logged in screen:
Attached Images  
Old 08-21-2017, 02:27 PM
Scottykenneth
Rennlist Member

Received 425 Likes on 212 Posts

Originally Posted by wassy
You should have registered on the Porsche connect website when you got th car or shortly afterwards. The code will be on there on the right hand side and will say active or inactive. It’s active once you enter it in th car per my instructions above. You can of course call Porsche relations but will be same walk through. I believe you also want to make sure you have th Porsche pcm connect app and your phone is connected to either the cars Wi-Fi or the car is connected to your phones hotspot. Setup and all the tech is a bit convoluted quite honestly. Calling them certainly helps a bit.

https://login.porsche.com/auth/US/en_US/

This is what it looks like from an iPhone mobile Porsche connect logged in screen:

Okkk. Good call bc I cant get in this page. Obv the dealer has messed up somewhere
Old 08-21-2017, 02:54 PM
Scottykenneth
Rennlist Member

In in!!! Wow what a headache for that. Amazing how the dealer could not figure it out but I make one phone call and get it figured out in 2 min. Rediculous honestly.
Old 08-21-2017, 02:56 PM
4pipes
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts

My dealer was uninformed also.
Old 08-21-2017, 03:28 PM
Scottykenneth
Rennlist Member

How are they uninformed. Is their damn job. So freakin dumb. I had to tell him how to do it. Porsche you hiring bc obv yall need help
Old 08-22-2017, 10:45 PM
wassy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Scottykenneth
In in!!! Wow what a headache for that. Amazing how the dealer could not figure it out but I make one phone call and get it figured out in 2 min. Rediculous honestly.
Glad you’re up and running. Now here’s a good one you guys might end up seeing. I was up and running at delivery for most part. Take my car to service at a more local dealer and an hour later get an email from pcm connect telling me my car was deleted. I call Porsche connect who tells me “yeah, we are having an issue there. If you change dealers it deletes the car, service included. “. They hope to have fixed soon but wow. What a mess. And then there’s Porsche car connect that does thentescking like LoJack that’s monitoring for break ins and theft. We can get location from the pcm app but no authorities. I figure if car is stolen I’ll know about it shortly afterwards and can call 912 for free. Lol
Old 08-22-2017, 10:47 PM
wassy
Rennlist Member

One more thing. You might notice on subscriptions to google steeet view it has a note saying we won’t gave it available after December of this year. I’m told they didn’t renew contract for street view and are looking now for a replacement. The irony is I have no idea how to get street view on the PCM.

Quick Reply: New 991.2 GTS Google Maps?!