Sponsored by:

first time 911 buyer...sports chrono

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2017, 02:17 AM
hcpwashu
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default first time 911 buyer...sports chrono

Hello everybody! I have been looking and seeing opportunities to buy my first Porsche. I did come across a C4S PDK Cab that I really do like/good price. However, there is no Sports Chrono package. Is this a a deal killer? I assume resale would be tough? I keep on hearing sports chrono is essential with PDK though also am seeing conflicting views. I would definitely appreciate any input!

The following is the build:

0Q White
176 Sport Exhaust System
250 Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK)
345 Steering wheel heating
423 20-inch Carrera S wheel
446 Wheel center caps with colored Porsche Crest
672 Navigation Module
748 Electric folding exterior mirrors
844 Multi-function Steering Wheel
970 Two-tone leather interior BR Black / Platinum Grey leather interior
P06 Power Sport Seats (14-way)
P37 BOSE® Audio Package
P39 Premium Package Plus UN1 Online Services XDH Wheels painted Platinum (semi-gloss)
Old 08-15-2017, 06:26 AM
Michael_s
Rennlist Member

Received 54 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by hcpwashu
Hello everybody! I have been looking and seeing opportunities to buy my first Porsche. I did come across a C4S PDK Cab that I really do like/good price. However, there is no Sports Chrono package. Is this a a deal killer? I assume resale would be tough? I keep on hearing sports chrono is essential with PDK though also am seeing conflicting views. I would definitely appreciate any input!

The following is the build:

0Q White
176 Sport Exhaust System
250 Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK)
345 Steering wheel heating
423 20-inch Carrera S wheel
446 Wheel center caps with colored Porsche Crest
672 Navigation Module
748 Electric folding exterior mirrors
844 Multi-function Steering Wheel
970 Two-tone leather interior BR Black / Platinum Grey leather interior
P06 Power Sport Seats (14-way)
P37 BOSE® Audio Package
P39 Premium Package Plus UN1 Online Services XDH Wheels painted Platinum (semi-gloss)
PDK is def more desired option. While I think you could get away with not having it, most (like all) will want this option.

I have SC and very rarely use Sport Plus. I'm usually in sport. Also comes with dynamic engine mounts.. so I'll say yes only because its a must in the preowned market.

No SC means no launch... so you need to decide. How long will you keep this car? Do you want to launch? Track?
Old 08-15-2017, 08:50 AM
hcpwashu
8th Gear

Thank you for the response! It would be my first Porsche and likely will be keeping for 5+ years. Also wasn't planning on taking it to the track or using launch. It is however a very low mileage car (<10k), great price for what I'm seeing right now...I just love the looks of it. Ugghhhh...decisions!
Old 08-15-2017, 03:33 PM
bwiele
Pro

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

If you love the car and plan to own it for 5+ years, then buy it, drive it and enjoy it and don't worry about the resale years from now. The circumstances might be different if you previously owned one with SC and you used the associated features, and now you were considering one without and you might miss it. I would say its a small population of owners on this forum and we tend to get herded, many people won't know the difference.
Old 08-15-2017, 04:48 PM
hcpwashu
8th Gear

Originally Posted by bwiele
If you love the car and plan to own it for 5+ years, then buy it, drive it and enjoy it and don't worry about the resale years from now. The circumstances might be different if you previously owned one with SC and you used the associated features, and now you were considering one without and you might miss it. I would say its a small population of owners on this forum and we tend to get herded, many people won't know the difference.
Thank you for your insight! Seems to make sense especially if I don't plan on getting rid of it quickly.
Old 08-15-2017, 05:03 PM
Al.Fresco
Three Wheelin'

Received 327 Likes on 187 Posts

A recent thread on the topic.... https://rennlist.com/forums/991/1004...eccessary.html

Quick Reply: first time 911 buyer...sports chrono