991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

991 GTS front Air Intakes...

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2017 | 11:20 AM
bwiele
Pro

Just an FYI, I have been in touch with Rennline about their version of the front grilles and they seem like they will be available within a few weeks. While I have my front bumper off to install them, I'm intending to complete the "attaching front license plate bracket with magnets" project. I've always wanted to give it a try. I've ordered up the magnets and the epoxy. Others have documented it already, but I will share the details afterwards if anybody cares.

Now back to the prior programming...
Old 08-11-2017 | 08:34 PM
XLOR8T
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by bwiele
Just an FYI, I have been in touch with Rennline about their version of the front grilles and they seem like they will be available within a few weeks. While I have my front bumper off to install them, I'm intending to complete the "attaching front license plate bracket with magnets" project. I've always wanted to give it a try. I've ordered up the magnets and the epoxy. Others have documented it already, but I will share the details afterwards if anybody cares.

for zunsport you don't remove bumper. That was my selling point. Lol
Old 08-11-2017 | 09:24 PM
freeman
Addict
Rennlist Member

Master Blaster is now sold as a vacuum and "blaster" while Craftsman Shop-vac is sold by Sears. Amazon sells Zunsport grills. Unfortunately they do not sell the versions without parking sensors. You must get those through their home in the UK.
Old 08-11-2017 | 10:36 PM
Rezus
Racer

Originally Posted by bwiele

I am very interested in learning more about the magnet project. Make a thread with that info
Old 08-12-2017 | 12:38 PM
gearboxtrouble
Advanced

I guess its because there's less random junk flying around German and even French roads. I don't sweat the leaves etc I pick up at low speeds on surface streets. They don't do any damage and are easy to get out using a shopvac. I do sweat harder debris slamming into the radiator at 80 mph on the highway. A well placed penny could probably cause thousands of dollars worth of damage. There's so much stuff falling off open pickups here in Houston its not that far fetched.

I ended up buying the Zunsport grilles for my 991.1 GTS. They're easy to fit on yourself because you don't need to remove the bumper itself to do it. They look good and the two smaller side vent grilles can be removed fairly quickly to insert a shopvac for cleaning. Purchase and shipping were quick and painless. They do sell 991.2 versions too.

Old 08-12-2017 | 02:08 PM
bwiele
Pro

Originally Posted by Rezus
I am very interested in learning more about the magnet project. Make a thread with that info
I will do that. I'll take pictures and provide the details. Stand by for a few weeks. - Brian
Old 08-14-2017 | 02:55 PM
ralt12
Rennlist Member

The 991.2 version. The only concern I have is that the center grille is held on by two self-tapping screws, so I'd love Zunsport to comment on longevity of the center grille install. With all the road debris in California, these are pretty much a necessity, I don't understand why Porsche didn't think to include some radiator protection on the wide-open GTS grilles.

Old 08-14-2017 | 03:49 PM
Scottykenneth
Rennlist Member

It does look great! Just dont wanna screw into the new bumper. Hmmm
Old 08-14-2017 | 04:29 PM
sechsgang
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Scottykenneth
It does look great! Just dont wanna screw into the new bumper. Hmmm
Just do it, or leave the middle blank. It's a bumper, not anything on the actual body of the car.
Old 08-14-2017 | 04:41 PM
Scottykenneth
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by sechsgang
Just do it, or leave the middle blank. It's a bumper, not anything on the actual body of the car.
Lol tru

Quick Reply: 991 GTS front Air Intakes...