Sponsored by:

A perfect GTS - A 991.2 GT3 With Touring Package

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2017, 06:44 PM
freeman727
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Here are my feeble thoughts:

The winner is everyone. Thank you Porsche!

GTS - for the daily driver. More useable torque from the down low.

GT3 Touring - for the more high strung experience. Better for track and backroad driving.

having an E90 M3 and a 991.2 C4S, I get that high strung experience so I don't feel the need to jump out and buy a GT3 Touring. If I was Porscheless and didn't have the M3, I'd go GT3 Touring.
Old 09-17-2017, 06:50 PM
Dewinator
Drifting

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

The GT3 touring makes no sense to me. My biggest worry about enjoying driving a GT3 around would be the front lip being 2 inches off the ground, not the awesome looking wing on the back.
Old 09-17-2017, 06:52 PM
bernpep
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Lapis
since when has owning a Porsche 911 been about the fastest lap time?! There are many cheaper less desireable cars than a 911 GT3 or GTS that have faster lap times. Even within Porsche's lineup (a 2-3 year old 991 Turbo S would kick the *** of of similarly or higher priced new GTS or GT3).

We buy buy these cars for the feeling of driving them, for how they look and sound, for how they're put together, and for their heritage. this is why people want a GT3 with more creature comforts and less racy outward appearance, for the next level feel/sound of its glorious 4.0 NA engine v the GTS's muted smaller turbo.
You got Bingo!
Attached Images  
Old 09-17-2017, 11:32 PM
Kg11
Rennlist Member

Received 61 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by randr

My SA, at least as of Friday, has never heard of the "touring" edition.
Living in a cave much? This car was public back in April/May, although not official till now. That SA must just clock in/out at work and have zero passion or interest in cars. Might as well be scheduling appointments for the local HVAC repair guy.

It always has annoyed me when I walk into a dealership and know more than the salesperson or SA. Which is around 97% of the time. Most people here on the forums are more knowledgeable than dealership employees. I find it odd: I don't know more about coffee roasting than the head roaster at our local 3rd wave coffee place. I don't know more about beer brewing than the guy who runs the local brewing supply and taproom place. I don't know more about building a house than a well-regarded custom homebuilder. Yet, I seem to know more about a certain premium car brand than most people I have met who are affiliated with that brand. The bar must be pretty low to work at a lot of Porsche dealerships.
Old 09-18-2017, 01:14 AM
cajerseyboy
Rennlist Member

Received 180 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by kyrocks
I personally have no interest in this car. When I get a GT3, I want a wing and I want to track it.
However, if they put back seats in and made a Cabriolet version it would replace my current GTS cab as a DD!
+1

Quick Reply: A perfect GTS - A 991.2 GT3 With Touring Package