Sponsored by:

Can't believe I am saying this but I am getting bored with my car

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2017, 11:18 AM
NoGaBiker
Drifting

Received 233 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by scooter100
I would have gotten a GT4 in a heartbeat if it had PDK but can't sit in traffic with a stick.
I thought about getting another DD but don't have anywhere to put another car.
It rains too much here for a convertible and only like NA motors.... If they had the backseat still in a GT3, I would be game
There is no way I can do a clutch for more than 15 minutes ... no way to park a land barge.... Mission E but am guessing the styling won't look anything like the prototype car.
No GT4, no GT3, no manual, no convertible, no turbo, no additional car for a DD, no Mission E or other electric, no "land barge."

Sounds like scooter really just wanted to hear himself start a thread. There is no solution to his problems.

Old 07-31-2017, 11:21 AM
R_Rated
Banned

Received 42 Likes on 33 Posts

So OP is getting Bored with his car and he can't have a secondary car. He also needs back seats.

This is so conflicting with the topic because in order to seek a more engaging and thrilling car experience the less practicality factors in. At the end of the day, the 911 is the peak of the bell curve in terms of practicality and sports car experience. To go any further up in the excitement axis - practicality axis will go down.
Old 07-31-2017, 11:41 AM
DNorby
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bored? Funny, and my psychologist tells me I am ADD. I love driving mine. Having a purpose in life takes care of any boredom.

If a 911 cannot do it, then the problem is not the car.
Old 07-31-2017, 11:46 AM
Dewinator
Drifting

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by NoGaBiker
4) You think PDK is the solution to traffic, but what you're finding is that it's the problem with boredom.

Many people just automatically think that a clutched manual and traffic don't mix. Why is that? The definition of why traffic is boring is there's nothing to do. You want to be driving but all you're doing is lifting your foot, letting the car roll forward, dropping your foot, lifting your foot, letting car roll forward, dropping your foot...
You're so right! I got stuck in stop-and-go on the way to Napa for about an hour on Sat and I was so happy I had the gated 6MT! I got to go click click click instead of staring blindly forward it was so much better!
Old 07-31-2017, 03:04 PM
dflowerz
Burning Brakes

Received 65 Likes on 41 Posts

There is no way I can do a clutch for more than 15 minutes due to an injury so that is out. A land barge is also impossible in this city as the compact spots are lucky to fit a Prius and 75% of the parking here is compact or smaller. Urban planners in a Seattle are a bunch of idiots who think the best way to fix congestion is to assume that everyone will ride a bike to work. I was thinking of getting my name on the list for a Mission E but am guessing the styling won't look anything like the prototype car. Yup, 1st world problems.
I just use my 911 on the weekends, and even then split driving the 911 with riding motorcycles, so I mix up the fun factor. Of course during the week I ride my bicycle to work No boredom with my 911 so far.
Old 07-31-2017, 03:18 PM
leanofpeak
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by R_Rated
So OP is getting Bored with his car and he can't have a secondary car. He also needs back seats.

This is so conflicting with the topic because in order to seek a more engaging and thrilling car experience the less practicality factors in. At the end of the day, the 911 is the peak of the bell curve in terms of practicality and sports car experience. To go any further up in the excitement axis - practicality axis will go down.
Scooter, have another kid. thatll take care of your boredom...
Old 07-31-2017, 03:50 PM
BenDiem
Rennlist Member

Received 65 Likes on 40 Posts

^^^
Old 07-31-2017, 04:15 PM
titleistaddict87
Three Wheelin'

Received 126 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by AnandN
The problem is your commute not the car. If you use a 911 sitting in traffic in the daily grind, it won't feel special. No car will. To endure the hassles of urban commuting, you need a tomb like a lexus or a luxury SUV. I see you live in Boston. I drive from NH into MA. I would be insane to use my Porsche for commuting into MA. Miserable traffic.
Right on. No car IMO is going to be special driving in traffic. But if you have one, please name it because unless someone else is driving, crawling along at 5mph in ANY car is the pits IMO.
Old 07-31-2017, 05:05 PM
NoGaBiker
Drifting

Received 233 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by titleistaddict87
No car IMO is going to be special driving in traffic. But if you have one, please name it...
Okay:

Currently among the cars I own that would include the Jeep Wrangler 6M, the Cayman 6M, and the 68 Deville convertible automatic. That one because it affords me a sense of occasion every time I drive it, having nothing to do with the performance of the car.

Historically it would include a 240z, a couple of Miatas, a Boxster S, 3.2 Carrera, a couple of Turbos and for the most part the GTS. I've always enjoyed my time in my sports cars, even if I'm just rolling along in Atlanta traffic.

Now if you want me to name a car YOU would enjoy in S&G traffic, I'm gonna have to leave that one up to you. Sounds like there aren't any.

Old 07-31-2017, 05:24 PM
R_Rated
Banned

Received 42 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by titleistaddict87
Right on. No car IMO is going to be special driving in traffic. But if you have one, please name it because unless someone else is driving, crawling along at 5mph in ANY car is the pits IMO.
silly question to ask on teh interwebz
Old 07-31-2017, 05:41 PM
DarenB68
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree with so many opinions here. To me, having a 911 as a daily driver is like having lobster everyday. I'm new to the scene, but I've done this trick with my exotic motorcycles ....... put a cover on them. When you get to drive them at the weekend, you pull the cover off, and ....... holy **** she's beautiful. Its like banging a super model you only see once a month
Old 07-31-2017, 08:22 PM
leanofpeak
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by NoGaBiker
Okay:

Currently among the cars I own that would include the Jeep Wrangler 6M, the Cayman 6M, and the 68 Deville convertible automatic. That one because it affords me a sense of occasion every time I drive it, having nothing to do with the performance of the car.

Historically it would include a 240z, a couple of Miatas, a Boxster S, 3.2 Carrera, a couple of Turbos and for the most part the GTS. I've always enjoyed my time in my sports cars, even if I'm just rolling along in Atlanta traffic.

Now if you want me to name a car YOU would enjoy in S&G traffic, I'm gonna have to leave that one up to you. Sounds like there aren't any.

That is the biggest quarter panel ive ever seen...
Old 07-31-2017, 08:27 PM
Al.Fresco
Three Wheelin'

Received 331 Likes on 190 Posts

Originally Posted by leanofpeak
That is the biggest quarter panel ive ever seen...
That's a half panel.
Old 07-31-2017, 08:52 PM
CSK 911 C4S
Rennlist Member

Received 837 Likes on 418 Posts

If I spent most of my time in traffic I would move.
Old 07-31-2017, 09:37 PM
*991*
Rennlist Member

Received 205 Likes on 108 Posts

When I get a little bored I make the car a little different or better!
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: Can't believe I am saying this but I am getting bored with my car