Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

from fixed to standard spoiler, how to control rear spoiler with a switch only

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2017, 03:52 PM
Oscarporsche
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default from fixed to standard spoiler, how to control rear spoiler with a switch only

I am about to do a diy project but I need your help

Does anyone have the wiring diagram for the wire harness associated with the rear spoiler motor for a gts 991.1?
Why? I am considering to replace the current fixed wing with the standard spoiler, keep the fixed wing coding and just add a switch to control the standard spoiler, i.e. to be raised or lowered by a switch. ( no automatic elevation based on vehicle speed).

Would someone be able to post a wiring diagram with pin numbers of the harness wires diagram.

would you be able to suggest where to do the wire modification (near the motor connector in the engine compartment OR could it be done inside the vehicle with a control unit ? )

Your help is appreciated :
Old 07-19-2017, 12:08 AM
StormRune
Rennlist Member

Received 664 Likes on 357 Posts

I don't know the answers about how to, but I do have this diagram if it helps.

I think the problem you are going to run into with installing your own switch is that the computer normally uses the hall sensors you see in the diagram to detect when the wing is properly retracted or extended and uses that as a signal to shut off power to the motor. Without those signals in place the motor won't know when to stop, which might possibly damage the motor or something else.

I think it's reasonably possible that even a GTS has all of the logic in place and it is just not activated and wired at the rear. It might just be a matter of getting the spoiler button installed in the dash, getting the right wiring harness in the back, and asking the dealer to activate the active wing option with a PIWIs. I believe that was the case with the 997 models.
Old 07-19-2017, 04:26 AM
Oscarporsche
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you Stormrun for your input.
I was not aware of the hall sensors issue ... in theory I think one way to overcome this issue is to have an additional button to power on/off the motor if the motor needs a signal to stop (I am guessing).
I am not sure I want to take the wing recode option as I want this mod to be reversible without going to the dealer every time I want to swap the spoiler with the original setup.

Quick Reply: from fixed to standard spoiler, how to control rear spoiler with a switch only