PCCbs warranty question

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2017, 07:48 AM
Actualizer
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PCCbs warranty question

Hi Guys
does Porsche warranty cover the squealing from PCCbs driven 28000 Kim's and still under car warranty ?
Dealer quoting a fortune for replacing Brakepads as these appear to be the only solution from what I've read onntheee and other forums .
Thought the PCCbs didn't yield so quick as I do dd but have never even tracked my car yet
Am I being ripped ?
please advise
cheers
ash
Old 06-02-2017, 08:05 AM
Michael_s
Rennlist Member

Received 54 Likes on 27 Posts

Save your money. If no track time, your pads and rotors are fine. It's inherent in the PCCB's the squealing. Try some high speed runs with hard braking from 100 MPH down to 10MPH a few times. Then do it backwards as fast as you are comfortable. Best you can do....
Old 06-02-2017, 12:07 PM
Actualizer
Track Day

Seems like I'm going tracking after all ! Are we sure just heating the brakes will do away with the squealing or is it just a temporary cure
Old 06-07-2017, 07:44 AM
Michael_s
Rennlist Member

Received 54 Likes on 27 Posts

No, not sure. PCCB's squeal when cold (or not really hot). They are race inspired brakes and it's just part of the deal... if it's that much of an issue, get a Turbo with steel brakes or swap your PCCB's for steel.
Old 06-07-2017, 08:19 AM
Actualizer
Track Day

Originally Posted by Michael_s
No, not sure. PCCB's squeal when cold (or not really hot). They are race inspired brakes and it's just part of the deal... if it's that much of an issue, get a Turbo with steel brakes or swap your PCCB's for steel.
Whoaa ! Downgrade to a Turbo 😱😎
interestingly the squealing disappeared as the rainy weather subsided .
Just bought a FF with PCCBs. Let's see what melody comes from Italian ceramics .

Quick Reply: PCCbs warranty question