Sponsored by: Road Spy

Turbo vs TurboS

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2017, 11:47 AM
rk-d
Rennlist Member

Received 6,199 Likes on 2,713 Posts

Originally Posted by worf928
Yup. My TT with 9.5k miles on it has exceeded my expectations. It's ruined me for other modern cars and caused me to lose interest in reading R&T, C&D, etc., about 'what's next.'

Huh? Wheredya get that?

So true. Hate to say it, b/c the car was great and has all the hype in the world, but the GT4 I previously owned underwhelmed me. Took me a while to face up to that. It just wasn't very fast in "the real world". Problem solved, big time.

The Porsche world has been in a GT frenzy and Turbos aren't fashionable right now. It's more of an observation - otherwise, I could not care less.
Old 05-13-2017, 12:09 PM
Dennis C
Rocky Mountain High
Rennlist Member

Received 1,228 Likes on 773 Posts

Originally Posted by rk-d
I will say this - the TT/TTS seems to get no love on rennlist or in the media and I have no idea why. I'm usually pretty objective and critical of my cars - Having owned it for about 400 miles now, I have to say that this car is damn near perfect. It's truly the complete package. No offense, but the 3.0 991 turbos really don't hold a candle to the big brother 3.8 Turbos. TT or TTS, you are making the right decision here.
The 991.1 TT and TTS received lots of praise from the automotive media when first launched. I recall reading several articles about the TTS being the only true "everyday super car".

I think the the 991.2 TT and TTS have gotten a little bit lost in all the chatter about the rest of the line going to turbocharged engines. Add in the fact that most TTS cars sell for over $200K, and you can see why people talk more about the other models in the lineup.
Old 05-13-2017, 01:10 PM
PPFANBOY
Instructor

Received 39 Likes on 11 Posts

No love in the media?

Jump on YouTube or check out various websites. There is hours of footage.

Here are but a few examples:

https://www.motormag.com.au/events/p...ar-of-the-year

Old 05-13-2017, 02:14 PM
philg3
Rennlist Member

Received 92 Likes on 71 Posts

No brake dust issue on my non S Turbo, as the standard wheels are painted grayish / black with the exception of the bright chrome looking facing. The paint is very smooth, and seems to repel dust. Maybe I drive so fast, the dust is blown away.

Both the Turbo and S appeal to the car guy, or gal that enjoys and appreciates quality, innovation, performance, and excellence with comfort, luxury, and great drivability . That's me, and I suspect many others.

Regarding the choice of the Turbo versus the S is concerned, the price differential, in many cases, needs to be litigated between the buyer and his / her spouse. And if the spouse is not a car guy or gal, could be a difficult sale. Personally, I was so happy to get my spouses buy in on the Turbo, I didn't even go there on the S. And it wasn't an affordability issue, it was how do I justify an additional $30K to my spouse? I couldn't , and since I've now owned my Turbo for 6 months, I don't pine for the S, or have any regrets.

Glad I did move upstream from my initial thought of the CS to the Turbo though.
Old 05-13-2017, 03:29 PM
CBejbl
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Happy with the turbo. There was a time where I chased the top of the line in cars/bikes. Not that important to me anymore.
Old 05-13-2017, 04:10 PM
Hawkeye911
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by philg3
Regarding the choice of the Turbo versus the S is concerned, the price differential, in many cases, needs to be litigated between the buyer and his / her spouse. And if the spouse is not a car guy or gal, could be a difficult sale.
If spouse is not a car guy or gal, then they would never even know there is also a "Turbo". Just saying...

Quick Reply: Turbo vs TurboS