Notices
991 Turbo 2012-2019 Turbo and Turbo S
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Road Spy

2018 991.2 TTS configuration help - me too! And some questions.

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2017, 05:41 PM
stealthpilot
Three Wheelin'

Received 132 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by wassy
does acc/pas work on its own even if not using cruise control?
Yes. That is what PAS is: Porsche Active Safe

http://www.porsche.com/usa/models/ca...tive-safe-pas/

You can also switch it off if you are racing.

To me it is a must have.
Old 05-18-2017, 07:58 PM
KBS911
Rennlist Member

Received 131 Likes on 79 Posts

Just a heads up. We were informed last weekend at the Suncoast Sebring DE that PCA will no longer allow vehicles with active safety devices on the track at PCA sponsored events due to unknown/untested reactions to vehicles that you may be rapidly closing on. Concerned regarding vehicle reactive versus driver reactive consequences to vehicles behind you. Anyone else hear this?
Old 05-20-2017, 04:01 PM
991MK2
8th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I opted without the ACC because the cyclops looks ugly to me and will look dated soon.
Old 05-20-2017, 04:43 PM
wassy
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 991MK2
I opted without the ACC because the cyclops looks ugly to me and will look dated soon.
I rarely use cruise control and not an option worth anywhere close to $2500. For me.
Old 05-21-2017, 04:19 PM
dc7391
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

For me, the Burmester is 100% worth it. I questioned my dealer when ordering my car as i have always been an audiophile and after disappointing upgrades in other cars like AMG i was skeptical. But i am VERY glad with the sound in my 991.2 TTS. Worth the money IMO.
Old 05-21-2017, 07:14 PM
wassy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by dc7391
For me, the Burmester is 100% worth it. I questioned my dealer when ordering my car as i have always been an audiophile and after disappointing upgrades in other cars like AMG i was skeptical. But i am VERY glad with the sound in my 991.2 TTS. Worth the money IMO.
Thanks. I did hear the 991.2 Bose and thought it was acceptable compared to my 991.2 Burmester. I have not heard the Burmester in the 991.2. I understand they improved it but from what a contact at PCNA told
me, the changes are irrelevant and sounds same as .1
I did opt for the burmester this build, however. I may add Nick @ Musicar's tweeters. I spoke with him and although a bigger imporovemrnt with the Bose, he told
me it also has quite an effect on the Burmester. Given the reviews of this easy to do and minor, revertavle upgrade, I am excited I may be able to have my cake and eat it too!
Old 05-21-2017, 07:28 PM
wassy
Rennlist Member

Default My final build - I think!

So final build is in. Car looks to be at dealer around 9/1. However there is a potential that this slot gets moved up by request and I am awaiting any good news on that front. I've really been banging my head against the wall with this color combo. It was suggested to me (in slightly different build options) by PCNA exclusive and I initially rejected it wholly. I was set on white or GT silver, good ole fail safes and great on resale value. Having seen chalk/crayon only on the new panamera and initially thinking its drab (although our 17 raptor has Avalanche grey and is similar) I tried to look at some fashion grey pics of 911's which is similar. Still didn't wow me but the more I considered that it will be a bit different than the norm, still a very rich color combo with the espresso, and the exterior gloss and plastic black trim, it could also be wiite
sporty. Black classic wheels were suggested but again, I really really like those centerlocks. I wonder how awful, or possibly how good plast-dipping the fascia of the centerlocks high gloss will come out? It would be done professionaly and the benefits are that it protects the original wheel, is removable and saves quite a few bucks vs a set if FI-r's. As you'll see I went quite a bit higher than my intended msrp. I bit the bullet and will enjoy it for a while until the next one.

Anyway, enough of my repeating myself in all the excitement. Let me know whatcha think.

http://www.porsche-code.com/PJYS9RK9
Old 05-22-2017, 03:29 PM
stealthpilot
Three Wheelin'

Very nice config. I would prefer the Espresso/Cognac to the Espresso. The two tone interiors have more flair and the espresso/Cognac works very well on chalk.
Old 05-22-2017, 04:04 PM
philg3
Rennlist Member

Received 92 Likes on 71 Posts

Espresso/Cognac is very nice -- goes well with Metallic White exterior (you mentioned that you like White), not sure about Chalk (never seen exterior Chalk). Two tone is very nice (have Black / Bordeaux on my 2017) -- on mine deviated stitching came standard with the two tone -- Bordeaux stitching on the black Dash, and also on the black door panels. Not sure if deviated stitching comes with the Espresso/Cognac.

Burmester is a must, IMO, on a Turbo or S -- I have it but it's not much better than BOSE. Upon resale, many potential buyers will insist on that option on this high end build. You mention in your original post that you didn't want to crazy with options -- you do have quite a lot in your current configuration -- it could be trimmed, and still have a fantastic car.

I tried but could not contain myself on the fire extinguisher option. What's the point of this? If the car starts on fire, why put yourself in danger (either physically, or possibly ending up with a smoky car)? That's what insurance is for.

Best of luck.
Old 05-22-2017, 04:40 PM
wassy
Rennlist Member

Stealthpilot and philg:

I also like the espresso cognac but when I ran it by exclusive and my trusted dealer friends they all agreed the cognac part may not go to well or at least as well as they think espresso will. I'll look again.

Yes, I couldntrim some options but what? The fire extinguisher is just for the look of course. When I went to remove it, dealer suggested keeping it and not because he makes $3 on it. Lol.

Although order is in, I do keep going back to white or carrera white. It's safe and I too have no idea how to chalk will look. A lot of money to FU** around wth and screw it up. Everyone has white though and was looking potentially for something different. Gt silver I think my wife is getting on her 911 c4s later in year so don't want 2 of those.

Burmester/ agree it's not much if any better than bose and the tweeter upgrade will certainly help from musicar. I chose it simply for resale although my dealers tell me it won't matter. However with Musicar's upgrade, they use the burmester grills on dash and I wouldn't put those in when it's really a bose system. Tacky.

If I go white along with the esprssso/cognac interior, I save a bundle so to speak. $3150 for paint, $2800 for stitching since it comes with about the same amount I'm currently
Paying for, etc. I thought about doing an aftermarket carbon mirror cap but not worth the labor install vs the savings if any.

Let me revisit this. This is why I posted here! Thanks.

Any good pics of white with espresso/cognac?

I can still do gt silver but I'd go black interior and while I like it, I had it on the 2016 TTS.
Old 05-22-2017, 05:08 PM
stealthpilot
Three Wheelin'

I think Chalk with Espresso/Cognac is way to go.

There was a loaded (lots of options) CPO White/Espresso TTS at my local dealer. Excellent price too. And the car sat on their lots for more than 6 months unsold. Dealer told me it was because the Espresso interior was unpopular (the very reason I myself did not buy it).
Old 05-22-2017, 05:10 PM
stealthpilot
Three Wheelin'

Pics of White/Cognac here.

https://porschelarchmont.com/invento...+White+1102156
Old 05-22-2017, 05:13 PM
stealthpilot
Three Wheelin'

And another one - which proves its a "thing"

https://sonnenporsche.com/inventory/...+White+1101103
Old 05-22-2017, 06:23 PM
wassy
Rennlist Member

I know it's a thing. LOL. I had espresso/confiscated or whatever combination with cognac the 2010 panamera had. Loved it. But was on basalt black.

I got to be honest, I'm not sure the espresso/cognac on white is striking me well. I know they are online pics and don't do it justice but something about it just isn't doing it for me. I just assume go black interior. Lol.

But now that I'm revisiting this, I'm really getting concerned with the chalk. Even if I stay chalk, I do not see espresso/cognac working with chalk. In fact, exclusive warned against it.

Uh oh, back to drawing board.
Old 05-22-2017, 07:01 PM
AviBen
Rennlist Member

Received 152 Likes on 76 Posts

Yes, by all means, go with chalk exterior! And do black lettering on the back with it (perhaps you already did, I didn't check out your build online). I just saw the chalk exterior in person today on a Panamera at my dealer and it's absolutely gorgeous, rich and unusual, really sweet looking, it has tan overtones I think, not at all like the white/grey concept the word chalk might convey. FYI, for the interior, espresso can look like a basketball color sometimes, a little orange-y; I saw it in person before I locked in my order. As bland as it may sound, the beige interior actually is a nice rich color, and I'm guessing the black/beige interior would go fine with a chalk exterior. I have it in my TTS and I'm very pleased with it. Also, the stitching on the black portion appears to be beige, which looks nice.

Quick Reply: 2018 991.2 TTS configuration help - me too! And some questions.