Sponsored by: Road Spy

Porsche TTS purchase

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2017, 10:55 AM
rk-d
Rennlist Member

Received 6,508 Likes on 2,828 Posts

Originally Posted by Geiss
alcantera 18 way. The first stretch of several hours was the most painful, I too have sciatica. Lumbar pain and right leg was absolutely killing me. I fiddled with the lumbar support and finally found the air bladder and expanded it all the way. Though it was better I still fidgeted during the drive and ultimately it never helped. That's good that you had no problem on that 5 hour drive, I wonder what the hell I did wrong.

And you're right, I knew there was a car I was failing to mention, I forgot about the Huracan. Still think the 650S is a better looking car but the Huracan is most certainly higher quality. Of course the AMG GTR is another option too.
I may be alone in this, but I do not place the AMG GTR in that group.

Performance is outstanding, but the car (and Mercedes in general) is not special, IMO.
Old 01-26-2017, 11:11 AM
Geiss
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1Gunner
Paralysis by analysis.... will make the head spin.

Not all bad when it comes to these cars.
Yes it is, great thing to suffer from.

rkd - I agree. Might be too track oriented also.
Old 01-26-2017, 04:26 PM
Dirtdoc1
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Having both a 991.2 C4s and a 5.2 R8, I would say that the reaction you get from the public will be quite different, the 650S will have folks taking pics/video due to the exotic nature of the car. Nobody notices me in the Porsche and frankly, I prefer not to be noticed. I bought the R8 for the V10 and while I get a unique enjoyment out of the Audi, I keep it in storage while the Porsche is in the garage and gets driven every week. Have owned 7 P cars and thought the R8 would cure my addiction, comparatively there is nothing like driving a Porsche at the limit. My next build will be a TTS. I'm over driving cars that everyone else likes and have resolved to feed my habit based on what I like.
Old 01-26-2017, 04:49 PM
JD911
Rennlist Member

Received 171 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by Dirtdoc1
I'm over driving cars that everyone else likes and have resolved to feed my habit based on what I like.
That is one heck of a first post, Dirtdoc1!

Quick Reply: Porsche TTS purchase