Need help deciding between 991 turbo S or 991 turbo

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2016, 07:40 PM
sdg1871
Burning Brakes

Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by 1949ford
Damn!!! That car is a beast! Thanks for posting those to listen to
I just love the Tubi catless. It can be civilized in normal and when cruising or a complete animal on sport or sport plus when revving. And never a drone.

The Europipe was great too.
Old 09-01-2016, 10:24 PM
FastLaneTurbo
Burning Brakes

Received 92 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by ColdList
Why are the three of us fools up at 3:45 AM with nothing better to do than talk about cars?
I think it depends on whether a Girl Friend or a Wife is waiting for you in bed. LOL
Old 09-02-2016, 02:28 AM
1949ford
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Watch "PETMAKO Sharkwerks Muffler Delete" on YouTube

What is this exhaust specifically? ^^^
Old 09-02-2016, 10:08 AM
NVRANUF
Rennlist Member

Received 469 Likes on 264 Posts

Watch "PETMAKO Sharkwerks Muffler Delete" on YouTube
PETMAKO Sharkwerks Muffler Delete - YouTube

What is this exhaust specifically? ^^^

This: Muffler delete

Sadly our Turbo Porsches will never sound like NA GT Porsche... no matter which AM exhaust is applied on a TT/S.

Old 09-02-2016, 11:08 AM
ColdList
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by FastLaneTurbo
I think it depends on whether a Girl Friend or a Wife is waiting for you in bed. LOL
Wife asleep and girlfriend at home. Time management-hahahahaha!
Old 09-02-2016, 11:24 AM
Need4S
Burning Brakes

Received 80 Likes on 61 Posts

Watch "PETMAKO Sharkwerks Muffler Delete" on YouTube Video Link: https://youtu.be/sSrhEPvNuLM What is this exhaust specifically? ^^^
I have a Sharkwerks exhaust on my 991TT. It was the first mod after someone told me my car sounded like a vacuum cleaner. Much better sound. http://www.sharkwerks.com/products.php?pid=422
Old 09-02-2016, 11:32 AM
Suitcase
Racer

Received 125 Likes on 39 Posts
Default 2017 Turbo S

Most on this forum, including me, are focused on the GT cars. Generally we don't even think about the Turbo model. But this new 2017 Turbo S is really, really fast, incredibly capable in all conditions and finished to the highest standards. Unlike the liquid cooled "Turbos" of recent years I think this new Turbo S will have legs (and the respect of enthusiasts) on the secondary market. Buy the S. It's awesome.
Old 09-02-2016, 11:54 AM
NVRANUF
Rennlist Member

Received 469 Likes on 264 Posts

Originally Posted by Need4S
I have a Sharkwerks exhaust on my 991TT. It was the first mod after someone told me my car sounded like a vacuum cleaner. Much better sound. http://www.sharkwerks.com/products.php?pid=422
Same here!
I had one also on my GT3.
Two completely different animals!

Originally Posted by Suitcase
Most on this forum, including me, are focused on the GT cars. Generally we don't even think about the Turbo model. But this new 2017 Turbo S is really, really fast, incredibly capable in all conditions and finished to the highest standards. Unlike the liquid cooled "Turbos" of recent years I think this new Turbo S will have legs (and the respect of enthusiasts) on the secondary market. Buy the S. It's awesome.
The latest greatest will always have its appeal, marketing works that way.

You have to jump on the train to enjoy the ride!
Old 09-02-2016, 02:44 PM
1949ford
Instructor

Oh for sure, i know that gt3 and that na motor will ALWAYS outdo the turbo in how great it sounds with the same exhaust setup. So i saw the link for that gt3 sharkwerks muffler delete setup.

so here is my question... would i have to convert my rear bumper to a gt3 variant? Since it exits center style vs turbo which is more left and right outboard.
Old 09-02-2016, 02:48 PM
1949ford
Instructor

I actually am starting a remodel on my moms house for her so that was a main reason i opted to get the cpo pre owned , freed up about 100k to spend on her instead of spending it on myself to have the 2017 turbo S. I will enjoy this 14' turbo and move into the newest turbo S in a few years.
Old 09-02-2016, 04:17 PM
Need4S
Burning Brakes

Received 80 Likes on 61 Posts

Oh for sure, i know that gt3 and that na motor will ALWAYS outdo the turbo in how great it sounds with the same exhaust setup. So i saw the link for that gt3 sharkwerks muffler delete setup. so here is my question... would i have to convert my rear bumper to a gt3 variant? Since it exits center style vs turbo which is more left and right outboard.
Did you look at the link I supplied? The turbo version uses the stock exit locations.
Old 09-02-2016, 04:45 PM
1949ford
Instructor

Oh my bad i did see the turbo one, i didnt realize that they were the same setup but different shapes due to
exhaust tip location. Then that other one should work for me.so essentially im deleting the center muffler. how many mufflers do these have? When i see these youtube vids saying straight pipes what do they mean specifically??? No mufflers and no cats? No mufflers with cats?
Old 09-02-2016, 06:26 PM
sdg1871
Burning Brakes

Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts

I actually am starting a remodel on my moms house for her so that was a main reason i opted to get the cpo pre owned , freed up about 100k to spend on her instead of spending it on myself to have the 2017 turbo S. I will enjoy this 14' turbo and move into the newest turbo S in a few years.
Good move. The performance difference is not significant at all. Yes there are some improvements but it is not a generational seachange by any means.
Old 09-02-2016, 09:23 PM
1949ford
Instructor

..............picked it up this afternoon ,took it for the maiden voyage. When i test drove it i honestly didnt push the car too much . All i can say is the first time i put it in sport plus mode and stood on it....OMG!! What a rush.my jaw dropped and i started busting up laughing.had a few guys on the freeway/way home give me a thumbs up that were a little younger than me. Im amazed,in normal drive mode this thing is beyond docile,and perfect for freeway cruising or around town.haha so i get home and my brother who has been giving me **** non stop about buying a turbo since i mentioned i plan to. I tell him get in,let me take you for a ride. An hour later he calls me and says.....I want one!!!! Hahah.
Old 09-02-2016, 09:27 PM
stealthpilot
Rennlist Member

Received 174 Likes on 109 Posts

..............picked it up this afternoon ,took it for the maiden voyage. When i test drove it i honestly didnt push the car too much . All i can say is the first time i put it in sport plus mode and stood on it....OMG!! What a rush.my jaw dropped and i started busting up laughing.had a few guys on the freeway/way home give me a thumbs up that were a little younger than me. Im amazed,in normal drive mode this thing is beyond docile,and perfect for freeway cruising or around town.haha so i get home and my brother who has been giving me **** non stop about buying a turbo since i mentioned i plan to. I tell him get in,let me take you for a ride. An hour later he calls me and says.....I want one!!!! Hahah.
Yeah I gave my brother a shot behind the wheel of mine. I think he was scared to push it too much, but he really enjoyed it. He wants one too but he won't admit it.

Quick Reply: Need help deciding between 991 turbo S or 991 turbo