Sponsored by: Road Spy

991.2 TTS Build - Thoughts and Opinions Please

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2016, 09:32 AM
Stage7
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Mister_Yogi
I'm going to look into it for sure. Is there a similar option to PTS for interiors too?

Do you generally listen to higher quality music (e.g. lossless, master audio, etc.)?
Yes, I do at home, but not exclusively. I understand the constraints of the car environment but the Burmester is still leaps and bounds better than the Bose and it makes a difference to me. A big one. Ymmv.
Old 06-09-2016, 12:58 PM
G-forceGT4
Rennlist Member

Received 51 Likes on 29 Posts

Like a lot of guys on this forum, I've had a # of P cars. Just parted ways with my 991.1 Turbo : (
It had the Burmester which was awesome, even with the sun roof open or my GMG exhaust.
Unless they've made some major changes to the Bose audio system, I'd go with the upgrade b/c the Bose is rubbish. Last year Porsche had a very detailed article on it's website, just how much R&D went into the design of that system. If you don't care about top quality sound, take a pass, however if you're selling in a few years, it's an impt re-sale feature.

My Agate grey 991 TTS had the two tone light interior agate/pebble combination. I was reluctant to order that, however my wife insisted. I had +++ compliments on the interior, compared to previous cars. I'm disappointed that Porsche is no longer offering it for the 991.2 TTS

I didn't realize there was a larger fuel tank available for the car when I ordered it. Not sure if this is the case on the 991.2, however would of appreciated that for road trips.

Side mirror wind buffeting was a real annoyance for me with the sport mirrors.
Old 06-09-2016, 01:13 PM
white6speed
Rennlist Member

Received 172 Likes on 97 Posts

Burmester

I have a friend who works for Porsche. When the Burmester came out Porsche built a $350k sound system for comparison. My friend thought there was no difference. It's hard to imagine Porsche building a $350k sound system if they did not think they had something. No doubt a room has different sound qualities than a car but...........
Old 06-09-2016, 01:43 PM
Mister_Yogi
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sp330
Did you consider wrapping your car before placing your order? Or are you just missing some options as well as the color?
I didn't consider it, and it's too late now as the 16 has been traded in. While the color is key, I'm digging the subtle changes in the 991.2. Plus now's a good time for me to make a move from TT to TTS.
Old 06-09-2016, 01:55 PM
Mister_Yogi
Instructor

Originally Posted by white6speed
Black is black no imagination. Porsche has really helped with deviated stitching. I have garnet red total in mine and love it. Sometimes it may make sense to pick exterior or the interior color and them make the other match. On the PTS I know it can really slow the build process but am not sure of all the color costs or availability. On the radio choice you now can see the different opinions on just the radio so throwing in colors will really bring out opinions.
I was thinking about the deviated stitching as a way to bring color to the interior. Only thing that sucks is that they don't have Carmine stitching. I'm thinking that Bordeaux may work as no one is really looking at the color match in that great of a detail.

The flipside is what was raised earlier - don't want to jack up option list too much as I probably won't be keeping it long term.

I think I'm pretty much locked on the Carmine. Nothing in the PTS list I pulled up really sticks out to me. I do like Nordic Gold, but seemingly in sunlight. Looks flat otherwise.
Old 06-09-2016, 02:01 PM
Mister_Yogi
Instructor

Thanks for all the responses! Looks like I need to think some more about the Burmester. What I really need to do is go for a drive in a car that has it. I've only heard it in a car that was sitting without engine turned on.
Old 06-10-2016, 07:38 AM
speed21
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by white6speed
Burmester

I have a friend who works for Porsche. When the Burmester came out Porsche built a $350k sound system for comparison. My friend thought there was no difference. It's hard to imagine Porsche building a $350k sound system if they did not think they had something. No doubt a room has different sound qualities than a car but...........
I'm inclined to agree. Mind you a tts is not the kind of car you are really going to notice due to so much road noise intrusion anyway. It's a sports car with a lot of other sounds going on that will overpower any system. I think maybe if the comparison between the Bose and Burmester was done in a Bentley then you may be able to discern a difference worthy of mentioning....and paying extra for it. If the sound quality and enjoyment thereof is so important maybe the real question is am I buying the right car. Horses for courses.
Old 06-12-2016, 08:53 AM
porsche42
Racer

Burmester for sure. I think it makes a difference. Also I think when/if you replace the P0 with Michelins the cabin will be even quieter. I wouldn't say the Bose is crap, the Burmester is just better.
Old 06-12-2016, 10:45 AM
Jeff Kay
Instructor

Default build

taking delivery this week of my '17 TTS
Carmine red with the aero kit as well.
Personally i would NEVER order a new P car without the Burm. IMO
sure the Bose is amazing- if u are in an area that gets HD radio signal or u use streaming music ie. spotify and such it makes a larger enough of a difference for the click on the configurator.

for ME i might pass on a car if i were in the market for a USED TTS if it DIDNT have the BURM

yes i got the front lift. never had that before on my past TT and TTS so will be nice to see if i use it.

the car i am getting missed on some things.
car is too basic inside for me just all black with carbon

that being said
can anyone chime in if i can order after delivery

1. carmine red seat belts front and rear
2. carmine red gauges or single tach gauge and chrono
3. can i order or does the plastic porsche uses for their vent slats can that be painted carmine red and be expected to last or look FACTORY
4. the side air intakes are black plastic and i want black high gloss as the mirrors, lower, aero etc are all gloss...
5. floor mats with PORSCHE in carmine red or leather carmine piped
6. headlight washers gloss black or painted carmine
can all this be orderd or done conservatively or are any of these big jobs??

thanks guys

i spent an hour driving a different.2 tts yesterday and jumped right back into my stage 2 giac tts '14 and under WOT my car was racier straight line and probably pulled a tad harder....EVERYTHING else about the new car sold me tip in tip off boost button actually works seems the tightened up the PDK and the throw on the paddles is gt3 snappy
Info nav screen and livability a JOY to have and maneuver
wheel FEELS right-size, civilized, and usable
giddy up

Old 06-12-2016, 12:29 PM
white6speed
Rennlist Member

Received 172 Likes on 97 Posts

[QUOTE=Jeff Kay;13367967]taking delivery this week of my '17 TTS
Carmine red with the aero kit as well.
Personally i would NEVER order a new P car without the Burm. IMO
sure the Bose is amazing- if u are in an area that gets HD radio signal or u use streaming music ie. spotify and such it makes a larger enough of a difference for the click on the configurator.

for ME i might pass on a car if i were in the market for a USED TTS if it DIDNT have the BURM

yes i got the front lift. never had that before on my past TT and TTS so will be nice to see if i use it.

the car i am getting missed on some things.
car is too basic inside for me just all black with carbon

that being said
can anyone chime in if i can order after delivery

1. carmine red seat belts front and rear
2. carmine red gauges or single tach gauge and chrono
3. can i order or does the plastic porsche uses for their vent slats can that be painted carmine red and be expected to last or look FACTORY
4. the side air intakes are black plastic and i want black high gloss as the mirrors, lower, aero etc are all gloss...
5. floor mats with PORSCHE in carmine red or leather carmine piped
6. headlight washers gloss black or painted carmine
can all this be orderd or done conservatively or are any of these big jobs??

thanks guys

i spent an hour driving a different.2 tts yesterday and jumped right back into my stage 2 giac tts '14 and under WOT my car was racier straight line and probably pulled a tad harder....EVERYTHING else about the new car sold me tip in tip off boost button actually works seems the tightened up the PDK and the throw on the paddles is gt3 snappy
Info nav screen and livability a JOY to have and maneuver
wheel FEELS right-size, civilized, and usable
giddy up

[/QUOTE

How did you do on price. Really nice car.
Old 06-12-2016, 12:34 PM
Jeff Kay
Instructor

I did same deal i have always done, somewhere in the middle give or TAKE
i am happy with the deal and the difference i just threw at PCNA at their 2.49 buy rate
pretty cheap money
I'm really excited
Old 06-12-2016, 07:31 PM
Hothonda
Burning Brakes

Received 34 Likes on 17 Posts

Quick overview of the 991.2 TT & TTS

https://www.stuttcars.com/porsche-mo...91.2/turbo3.8/
Old 06-12-2016, 09:26 PM
theunitedstates
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 9 Posts

Jeff, badass build buddy...that car looks awesome!!
Old 06-12-2016, 09:45 PM
allans
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Jeff, Saw your car at Hennessy, looked GREAT. I bought the Miami Blue one they had. Allan
Old 06-12-2016, 10:29 PM
Jeff Kay
Instructor

I see u said u drive by Lavery everyday...i lived in B"ham do we know each other?

Miami blue!! wow id love to see pictures

the person that built this car must have forgot to black gloss the hip intakes, headlight washers, and add some red to the interior, subtly....

I bought a car from Chris a few years back so i called on him as the Florida dealers weren't talking #'s that i am used too

Quick Reply: 991.2 TTS Build - Thoughts and Opinions Please