991.2 TTS Build - Thoughts and Opinions Please

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2016, 04:00 PM
Mister_Yogi
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 991.2 TTS Build - Thoughts and Opinions Please

RL Family,

I'm trading in my 2016 991 TT and ordering a 2017 991.2 TTS. My TT was Agate Grey on Black. It was my first Porsche and I enjoyed everything about it. The only thing that stopped me from loving it was the exterior color. I wasn't able to custom order the vehicle at that time. Agate Grey is definitely a great color. However, I am a fan of bold, and bold is something that Agate is not (IMO).

That brings us to the new TTS. I'm ordering this one, so I'm definitely hoping to love it.

Below is a link to my current build. Wanted to get some thoughts from the community.

2017 991.2 TTS Build

A couple of things I'm still questioning:

- Interior - is there any other interior that would go well with Carmine Red? I was thinking possibly the Espress/Cognac option
- Aerokit - I like it, especially with the red and black contrast (I'm a UGA alum btw). What about if it was in matching exterior color?
- Front Axle - does the Aerokit lower the clearance on the front? I didn't have a problem with clearance on the TT, so the Front Axle option is directly tied to the Aerokit option
- Glass Moonroof - I like the red and black contrast, but I live in GA and wonder if I should be concerned about excess heat coming through the moonroof. I plan to get carbon ceramic tint done, and thought worst case, I could get the moonroof done as well. Also - is the rattle still a concern with the glass roofs?
- Burmester - I'm not an audiophile (usually listen to music via BT, but will probably use CarPlay in the new car) and don't have lossless audio, etc. I should be good without it right?

Anything else?
Old 06-08-2016, 05:32 PM
Mister_Yogi
Instructor

50 views and 0 responses? Come out of the shadows my friends!
Old 06-08-2016, 06:26 PM
soulsea
Rennlist Member

Received 1,797 Likes on 530 Posts

I can only speak semi-intelligently about the sound system.

I actually happen to be an audiophile, and after hearing it I decided to bypass the Burmester system. First of all the base Bose system is fantastic. Second of all the TTS, even without being in Sport or Sport Plus mode has a lot of interior cabin noise from the engine and exhaust, as a proper sports car should. High Fidelity sound, assuming you can even get the source like MP3 or sat radio to deliver it, would be completely wasted. The only practical reason to get it is if you think that it will help with resale. But as any dealer will tell you, the longer you keep a TTS the less the options matter in resale ... so a two year old TTS with say 10k miles that had a $225k sticker will only sell for about $3/4k less than a $190k two year old TTS with 10k miles.
Old 06-08-2016, 06:53 PM
white6speed
Rennlist Member

Received 189 Likes on 109 Posts

I'll start. My first turbo was guards red with black. While I thought the guards red really looked great on that car, 1996 I have since thought some other colors looked better as the models evolved. I like you presently have agate grey and really like it. I had a white one for 6 years prior. I have really kinda turned on black interiors as there are so many great other colors. I was about to order a new NSX red with saddle but went with the TTS instead. Color is personal but you always need to think about resale. You may recall red used to be called "resale red" because it used to be so popular. Black has been great but I understand there is a glut with reduced prices.The RS guys love PTS so that may be an option as well. Not sure I helped but you now have .02 cents of thoughts you didn't have.
Old 06-08-2016, 07:05 PM
Mister_Yogi
Instructor

Originally Posted by soulsea
I can only speak semi-intelligently about the sound system.

I actually happen to be an audiophile, and after hearing it I decided to bypass the Burmester system. First of all the base Bose system is fantastic. Second of all the TTS, even without being in Sport or Sport Plus mode has a lot of interior cabin noise from the engine and exhaust, as a proper sports car should. High Fidelity sound, assuming you can even get the source like MP3 or sat radio to deliver it, would be completely wasted. The only practical reason to get it is if you think that it will help with resale. But as any dealer will tell you, the longer you keep a TTS the less the options matter in resale ... so a two year old TTS with say 10k miles that had a $225k sticker will only sell for about $3/4k less than a $190k two year old TTS with 10k miles.
Thanks boss. You bring up valid points, which make me think I should pass on the Burmester
Old 06-08-2016, 07:09 PM
soulsea
Rennlist Member

Received 1,797 Likes on 530 Posts

Originally Posted by Mister_Yogi
Thanks boss. You bring up valid points, which make me think I should pass on the Burmester
You're welcome ... I meant to say 'more' not 'less' in regards to resale value.
Old 06-08-2016, 08:11 PM
ace37
Rennlist Member

Received 133 Likes on 84 Posts

Can you get a Paint to Sample order? It will probably delay receiving the car, but you will certainly not have your current problem. Not sure what your favorites are, but greens and pastel colors are quite sought after.
Old 06-08-2016, 08:41 PM
Stage7
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

I disagree. Burmester is much better than Bose ime. It was a "must have" for me.
Old 06-08-2016, 09:00 PM
Mister_Yogi
Instructor

Originally Posted by white6speed
I'll start. My first turbo was guards red with black. While I thought the guards red really looked great on that car, 1996 I have since thought some other colors looked better as the models evolved. I like you presently have agate grey and really like it. I had a white one for 6 years prior. I have really kinda turned on black interiors as there are so many great other colors. I was about to order a new NSX red with saddle but went with the TTS instead. Color is personal but you always need to think about resale. You may recall red used to be called "resale red" because it used to be so popular. Black has been great but I understand there is a glut with reduced prices.The RS guys love PTS so that may be an option as well. Not sure I helped but you now have .02 cents of thoughts you didn't have.
Thanks for the 2 cents! To be clear, when you say you kinda turned on black interiors, you saying that there are better options? If so, which ones? I struggle with something that would go with Carmine Red.

I think I will have to look into the PTS option a little more. Is there a fixed priced for PTS (and if so, what is it?), or does it depend on the color?
Old 06-08-2016, 09:03 PM
Mister_Yogi
Instructor

Originally Posted by ace37
Can you get a Paint to Sample order? It will probably delay receiving the car, but you will certainly not have your current problem. Not sure what your favorites are, but greens and pastel colors are quite sought after.
I'm going to look into it for sure. Is there a similar option to PTS for interiors too?

Originally Posted by Stage7
I disagree. Burmester is much better than Bose ime. It was a "must have" for me.
Do you generally listen to higher quality music (e.g. lossless, master audio, etc.)?
Old 06-08-2016, 10:02 PM
theunitedstates
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 9 Posts

If you are all about a unique car, I definitely would look into a PTS color. I will say though, regardless of what you choose, the 17' TTS is a badass vehicle. I vote signal green or mexico blue!!

The Burmester is nice and I would get it if I was huge on high quality music, but I am not an audiophile so take my opinion for a grain of salt. Bose was fine for me.

I love the look of the sunroof with these vehicles, but I have yet to get a 911 with one so sadly I have no insight on that.
Old 06-09-2016, 12:16 AM
dds007
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I am not an audiophile by any means and wish I had the burmeister because the Bose is such crap.
Old 06-09-2016, 12:22 AM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 11,575 Likes on 5,077 Posts

RL Family,

A couple of things I'm still questioning:

- Interior - is there any other interior that would go well with Carmine Red? I was thinking possibly the Espress/Cognac option
- Aerokit - I like it, especially with the red and black contrast (I'm a UGA alum btw). What about if it was in matching exterior color?
- Front Axle - does the Aerokit lower the clearance on the front? I didn't have a problem with clearance on the TT, so the Front Axle option is directly tied to the Aerokit option
- Glass Moonroof - I like the red and black contrast, but I live in GA and wonder if I should be concerned about excess heat coming through the moonroof. I plan to get carbon ceramic tint done, and thought worst case, I could get the moonroof done as well. Also - is the rattle still a concern with the glass roofs?
- Burmester - I'm not an audiophile (usually listen to music via BT, but will probably use CarPlay in the new car) and don't have lossless audio, etc. I should be good without it right?

Anything else?
Black interior

I like the new aerokit for the 991.2 TT/TTS. What color is purely personal.

Get the front axle lift.

In all the cars that I've had a moon/sunroof, I've never used it. But again this is personal.

Pass on Burmester. The Bose is more than fine.

Congrats, enjoy the new car.
Old 06-09-2016, 12:38 AM
sp330
Racer

Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts

Did you consider wrapping your car before placing your order? Or are you just missing some options as well as the color?
Old 06-09-2016, 08:53 AM
white6speed
Rennlist Member

Received 189 Likes on 109 Posts

Black is black no imagination. Porsche has really helped with deviated stitching. I have garnet red total in mine and love it. Sometimes it may make sense to pick exterior or the interior color and them make the other match. On the PTS I know it can really slow the build process but am not sure of all the color costs or availability. On the radio choice you now can see the different opinions on just the radio so throwing in colors will really bring out opinions.

Quick Reply: 991.2 TTS Build - Thoughts and Opinions Please