Sponsored by: Road Spy

My car is now a beast

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2015, 11:42 PM
Visceral
Rennlist Member

Received 248 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by PMNewton
There are 991s running 9's in the quarter mile on the stock PDK. One reports he is beginning to slip but he is making 800 awtq with aftermarket VTGs. I wouldn't be too worried about the PDK with stock turbos.

- Patrick
well, it is, for the most part, torque that slips clutches, not horsepower.

Aftermarket VTG's probably breathe more efficiently at higher CFM, meaning horsepower and torque is greater up top (above 5200 rpm) but less in the midrange.

A carefully programmed 1/4 mile 991 TT may make much less torque at the peak than a carefully programmed street car with stock turbos. That would actually make the PDK happier with the redone VTGs.
Old 11-08-2015, 10:26 AM
PMNewton
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Visceral
well, it is, for the most part, torque that slips clutches, not horsepower.

Aftermarket VTG's probably breathe more efficiently at higher CFM, meaning horsepower and torque is greater up top (above 5200 rpm) but less in the midrange.

A carefully programmed 1/4 mile 991 TT may make much less torque at the peak than a carefully programmed street car with stock turbos. That would actually make the PDK happier with the redone VTGs.
Nailed it. Well done.

- Patrick
Old 11-09-2015, 11:38 PM
OverBoosted28
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Always use a liberal amount of rubbing alcohol when mounting the silicon hoses. It makes them temporarily slippery, then evaporates. Only way mine stay on.

Quick Reply: My car is now a beast