kyrocks
Rennlist Member

Received 420 Likes on 219 Posts

Sport wheel. Buttons are horrible.
Old 08-09-2015, 02:57 PM
Randyc151
Three Wheelin'

Received 277 Likes on 174 Posts

I paid to swap my MF wheel for a GT3 sport wheel in Alcantara. No brainer. The wheel feels so much better, the proper paddles beat the buttons, and the stalk works just fine. The only major drawback is that you have to actually turn the volume ****...so old school!
Old 08-11-2015, 10:03 AM
NVRANUF
Rennlist Member

Received 469 Likes on 264 Posts

Originally Posted by kyrocks
Sport wheel. Buttons are horrible.
+1

Old 08-11-2015, 12:01 PM
jyupitt1
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had MF and now have the sport. I miss the convenience of the MF, but agree I can never get used to the buttons. Sport definitely looks better though.

Techart pedals add on with MF would be ideal. However if i had to choose again between the two, i would pick the MF, given that it can be heated and is just so convenient to have the extra buttons at the wheel. PDK is so good that i don't manual shift much.
Old 08-11-2015, 07:04 PM
speed21
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by jyupitt1
I had MF and now have the sport. I miss the convenience of the MF, but agree I can never get used to the buttons. Sport definitely looks better though.

Techart pedals add on with MF would be ideal. However if i had to choose again between the two, i would pick the MF, given that it can be heated and is just so convenient to have the extra buttons at the wheel. PDK is so good that i don't manual shift much.
This the key point right here. Plus the TA fixes it anyway.
Old 08-11-2015, 07:35 PM
Thanaway
Track Day

Are the Techart paddles a modification to the MF wheel or does one buy a complete wheel?
Old 08-11-2015, 07:40 PM
speed21
Banned

Originally Posted by Thanaway
Are the Techart paddles a modification to the MF wheel or does one buy a complete wheel?
Just take it to a TA dealer and they will fit the paddle kit. You dealer may also do that for you. The mod takes an hour or two at most. As finished product it looks good.
Old 12-01-2015, 08:44 PM
Rainmaker
Advanced

Sorry for resurrecting an old thread but can the tech art paddles and switch blank be purchased separately and installed yourself or by someone outside tech Art?

I'm asking because I'm looking at a turbo s with MF wheel.
Old 12-01-2015, 09:04 PM
sdg1871
Burning Brakes

Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Rainmaker
Sorry for resurrecting an old thread but can the tech art paddles and switch blank be purchased separately and installed yourself or by someone outside tech Art?

Champion Motorsports did mine.
Old 12-01-2015, 09:22 PM
speed21
Banned

Originally Posted by Rainmaker

I wouldn't advise anyone doing the install as a DIY. It's a bitch of a job...can be very time consuming. Can take 3 hours or more. Best get it done by the dealer or someone who has done it a few times before. But once you have it done you will be be kicking yourself for not doing it sooner. They are really good.
Old 12-02-2015, 12:16 PM
sdg1871
Burning Brakes

Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by speed21
I wouldn't advise anyone doing the install as a DIY. It's a bitch of a job...can be very time consuming. Can take 3 hours or more. Best get it done by the dealer or someone who has done it a few times before. But once you have it done you will be be kicking yourself for not doing it sooner. They are really good.
I would agree with that statement. The paddles are just so much better than those horrible shift buttons. The only downside is that the paddles are made of plastic which does not feel as good as the metal paddles in the sport design wheel by Porsche.
Old 12-02-2015, 05:54 PM
FastLaneTurbo
Burning Brakes

Received 92 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by jyupitt1

Agreed!
Have both wheels - MF on my Panamera S and Sport Wheels on my GT3 and TTS. With the huge Torque of the TTS and Pana, I seldom shift in street driving, and find the L&R Buttons on the MF wheel just as convenient once you get used to them. I use the convenient functions of the MF wheel far more frequently than shifting in traffic. With the reduced Torque of the GT3, I shift in traffic much more frequently than the TTS and prefer the Shift levers.
Unless I intended to track the Car regularly, I would prefer the functionality of the MF wheel for my TTS for exactly the same reasons as stated above. TechArt's
Levers seem like a great solution until the 991-2 Wheel becomes available.
Old 12-02-2015, 06:57 PM
wrs
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a Cayenne TTS with the MF wheel and I hate it. Love the sport wheel on my TTS, got to have the paddles and the feel is much better.
Old 12-02-2015, 08:08 PM
jlee504
Rennlist Member

Received 475 Likes on 259 Posts

Anyone look into retrofitting the new MF steering wheels on our cars?

Quick Reply: Multifunction or sport wheel?