Sponsored by: Road Spy

Question/Thoughts about Options

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2015, 08:31 PM
bshah1976
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Question/Thoughts about Options

Hi, I wanted to get some thoughts on what options are a great to have - not necessarily for re-sale, but looking for thoughts on something they though they would not use and use it, etc.

I am finalizing on a pre-owned 991TTS and have a few choices. I am doing pre-owned simply because I do not want to spend $190 to $200K on a brand new one.

The one car in particular is a 2014, but it differs in that almost every other car I looked at had Heated Seats and Front Ventilated Seats, but this one did not.

I live in Chicago....and this will very close to my DD - except for the few really bad snow days.

See attached Build Sheet and let me know if there is anything in there that is missing that is a MUST have.

The following TWO options were the ones I wanted for sure:
1. Reversing Camera
2. Glass Roof

I understand to each is own, I get that part - and yes, I am probably over-thinking this - but the looking for some thoughts.

Thank you.

Last edited by bshah1976; 08-17-2015 at 06:07 PM.
Old 07-21-2015, 10:46 PM
worf928
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1,692 Likes on 1,100 Posts

I suggest you seek out a long test-sit or medium-length test drive in two Porsches: one with the 14-way seats and one with the 18-way sport seats. It doesn't matter if it's a 991 or 981 the seats are the same. But, depending upon your body shape, you may really hate the 14-way seats or hate the 18-way seats.

As for the rest: your money, your call. I absolutely love the ventilated seats in mine. Furthermore, I specifically ordered mine exactly the way I wanted it, money be damned. For me, saving some depreciation money was not worth driving a 991 every day that didn't have option X that I wanted or had option Y that I really didn't want or could care less about.
Old 07-21-2015, 11:05 PM
worldattorney
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's a nice build...love the white instruments with the white exterior. I like both the 14/18-way seats and have lived in FL w/o ventilated in some of my cars and they are livable.

The only thing on the sticker that I might 'delete' after getting it is the yellow seatbelts..is the PCM painted yellow? if so then they work ..if the PCM is white then they wouldn't be for me (cheap fix anyway)..if the car was stitched in yellow like worf's beautiful car..then they work..
Old 07-22-2015, 06:16 AM
worf928
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1,692 Likes on 1,100 Posts

Originally Posted by worldattorney
..if the PCM is white then they wouldn't be for me (cheap fix anyway)..if the car was stitched in yellow like worf's beautiful car..then they work..
When you write yellow you mean red? Right?

Old 07-22-2015, 08:14 AM
speed21
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I think you've got it covered well enough option wise. Heating and ventilation is great (have that myself) but is it a deal breaker? If specking a car from new and money was no object then I would recommend ticking that box along with a number of others. But as you have indicated you want a deal you need to accept a compromise here and there. Its never a perfect world. So long as you are not compromising whatever performance that's on offer, that's is the main thing IMO. The S ticks all the performance boxes as is, so If you like the car and are happy with the price then go for it.
Old 07-22-2015, 08:20 AM
sdg1871
Burning Brakes

Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts
Default Question/Thoughts about Options

Burmester is amazing.

ACC is very useful if you will be driving in traffic

Ventilated seats are amazingly strong and effective
Old 07-22-2015, 08:32 AM
speed21
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

^Don't have Burmester, sure its better, Ít would want to be for the price, but like yourself I have the Europipe which relegates both Burmester and Bose into insignificance. Agree seat heat and vent is nice but not the end of the world.
Old 07-22-2015, 09:26 AM
worldattorney
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by worf928
When you write yellow you mean red? Right?
you'd think the Agate would have been burned in my brain.....userid confused with hduffy...who has all the yellow and the yellow belts...sorry
Old 07-26-2015, 07:22 PM
Carjunky1
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My favorite options:

1. Premium Pkg Plus (was not available on 2014 as a package but includes heated/ventilated seats, front/rear parking sensors with rear reverse camera, keyless entry and drive).

2. Sunroof in glass.

3. Burmester

4. Smoker's package nicely finishes the center console with a covered 12v outlet.

5. Heated steering wheel. Mine is the optional multifunction with carbon fiber and heated. I would have ordered the sport wheel but I am glad I got this gem for the look, functionality, and heating. If you plan on shifting a lot you want the Sport wheel.

Tasteful options: illuminated door sills, headrests with logo,

More than likely you will have far more Turbo S cars to select from and they include as standard: Sport Chrono (why would Porsche ever sell a Turbo without this?), cooler looking LED headlights, PCCB brakes which are awesome and produce less brake dust, PDDC (is great for the track), and of course more power/torque.

Quick Reply: Question/Thoughts about Options