Sponsored by: Road Spy

Turbo boost issues

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2015, 02:31 AM
pyramid
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by speed21
1. A displaced section of the inner ridge from the groove will certainly mean the integrity of the ridge has been compromised. So of course in that situation the hose would require replacement.

2, Whether the part # you quoted is for a tube of paste or a body panel is neither here or there as the replacement clamp is different to the one supplied on the hose. I confirmed that again only just today. You see if the hose clamp was exactly the same then there would be no reason to remove it and change it.

3. The head tech here at the Porsche dealer, who did the campaign on my own vehicle, confirms a difference in the clamp now supplied separately to the hose assembly. But as you suggest, maybe he doesn't know what he is doing or talking about. Incidentally I have now had two separate techs and a head adviser say the new clamp is different to the one supplied on the hose assy so maybe they are all imagining it. Also, fwiw, the hose on my car had not blown off nor had been displaced in any way however, I was told the large clamp on the hose was removed and changed out for the new clamp now supplied separately and recommended to be used by Porsche. I also don't see any reason for any of these people (that I also know well) to be making up stories. I mean why what purpose would that serve?
2. If the clamp is different, there is no reason the bulletin have 2 different options on how to proceed.
Step 1 in original post to only tighten the clamp (and not ordering other part that's not needed, the rubber sleeve).

3. I would like to see a picture side by side or at least the different part number for old vs the said improved part as well as technical bulletin/campaign code number on how to proceed for claiming the new clamps.
I'm sure the head tech has access to official Porsche bulletins, no? It will benefits everyone here.
Old 03-19-2015, 03:26 AM
speed21
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by pyramid
2. If the clamp is different, there is no reason the bulletin have 2 different options on how to proceed.
Step 1 in original post to only tighten the clamp (and not ordering other part that's not needed, the rubber sleeve).

3. I would like to see a picture side by side or at least the different part number for old vs the said improved part as well as technical bulletin/campaign code number on how to proceed for claiming the new clamps.
I'm sure the head tech has access to official Porsche bulletins, no? It will benefits everyone here.
I am happy to further investigate but I specifically called today to double check after your earlier comments and the info remained unchanged; that a different clamp was used. As i said I know these guys and they know me and my industry standing so have no motivation to BS me, in-fact the opposite. That said nothing would surprise me these days.

As I said originally I have personally not seen the "new" clamp they used and am relying on their say so. The service bulletin conducted on my car was WE66, so if as they say, my hose was still in place then I would agree why replace the clamp if it is not specified? It's not like they were asking me for money for the job and trying to justify that. I generally like to see things myself but on this occasion as the bumper was on I could not see what they were telling me they replaced. That is a bummer with this car....you can't see the engine easily.

Btw have you seen the bulletin yourself? I am going there tomorrow so will again go over it and push it.
Old 03-19-2015, 04:41 AM
pyramid
Racer

I am happy to further investigate but I specifically called today to double check after your earlier comments and the info remained unchanged; that a different clamp was used. As i said I know these guys and they know me and my industry standing so have no motivation to BS me, in-fact the opposite. That said nothing would surprise me these days.

As I said originally I have personally not seen the "new" clamp they used and am relying on their say so. The service bulletin conducted on my car was WE66, so if as they say, my hose was still in place then I would agree why replace the clamp if it is not specified? It's not like they were asking me for money for the job and trying to justify that. I generally like to see things myself but on this occasion as the bumper was on I could not see what they were telling me they replaced. That is a bummer with this car....you can't see the engine easily.

Btw have you seen the bulletin yourself? I am going there tomorrow so will again go over it and push it.
Please do pushed them to provide data, it will be beneficial for all of us like I said.

And yes, not only I have seen, but I also have the copy of it. It is not something easily sharable to the public as it has the person's login watermarked.
In fact I'm involved doing the whole process of WE66. From taking the wing out till tightening the clamps (step 1 on my case), and putting everything back together.
Below are dealers invoicing code that is also described on the WE66 Workshop Campaign.
Step 1 Damage Code WE66 66 000, Repair Code 1
Step 2 Damage WE66 66 000, Repair Code 2
Old 03-19-2015, 05:14 AM
speed21
Banned

Please do pushed them to provide data, it will be beneficial for all of us like I said.

And yes, not only I have seen, but I also have the copy of it. It is not something easily sharable to the public as it has the person's login watermarked.
In fact I'm involved doing the whole process of WE66. From taking the wing out till tightening the clamps (step 1 on my case), and putting everything back together.
Below are dealers invoicing code that is also described on the WE66 Workshop Campaign.
Step 1 Damage Code WE66 66 000, Repair Code 1
Step 2 Damage WE66 66 000, Repair Code 2
1. Will do, and will advise.
2. Can you put up the copy?
Old 03-19-2015, 06:56 AM
pyramid
Racer

1. Will do, and will advise.
2. Can you put up the copy?
Nahhh, I don't want to make it too easy for you... then you have no reason to push them
All joking aside, you can easily asked the head tech to emailed you an official copy of either WE66 campaign or the mysterious improved clamp campaign to back up his words. If they failed to provide either one, don't ruined their weekend.
Old 03-19-2015, 06:07 PM
speed21
Banned

Nahhh, I don't want to make it too easy for you... then you have no reason to push them
All joking aside, you can easily asked the head tech to emailed you an official copy of either WE66 campaign or the mysterious improved clamp campaign to back up his words. If they failed to provide either one, don't ruined their weekend.
My general understanding is that Porsche and other vehicle manufacturers do not readily make available technical service bulletins to the general public. You said in your post #18 that what you have is some else's with a water mark so evidently you were unable to get one yourself. So I wouldn't be basing anything from my not being provided such information in the form of email or hard copy. At this stage I have no reason to disbelieve what they have told me about the replacement of the clamp, but as I said i will make further investigation and revert soon.

Edit/ Update: Okay. There is no specification in the WE66 bulletin to change the clamp but they opted to change it as a precaution. In so far as differences, that will remain a mystery until such point my bar is removed and I check it myself. They maintain there was a difference but as I have not seen it myself it could well be an imaginary one so the jury is out for now. The hose with clamps assembly part # 997 110 647 73 which you provided is correct and is actually the same hose used since 997tt onward. FYI: The spare P/N for the larger OE clamp is 999 512 629 00, but again I do not know if this was what they were supplied to use or, if it was AM, so I can only go on their word for now.

Last edited by speed21; 03-19-2015 at 10:43 PM.
Old 03-20-2015, 08:36 AM
pyramid
Racer

My general understanding is that Porsche and other vehicle manufacturers do not readily make available technical service bulletins to the general public. You said in your post #18 that what you have is some else's with a water mark so evidently you were unable to get one yourself. So I wouldn't be basing anything from my not being provided such information in the form of email or hard copy. At this stage I have no reason to disbelieve what they have told me about the replacement of the clamp, but as I said i will make further investigation and revert soon.

Edit/ Update: Okay. There is no specification in the WE66 bulletin to change the clamp but they opted to change it as a precaution. In so far as differences, that will remain a mystery until such point my bar is removed and I check it myself. They maintain there was a difference but as I have not seen it myself it could well be an imaginary one so the jury is out for now. The hose with clamps assembly part # 997 110 647 73 which you provided is correct and is actually the same hose used since 997tt onward. FYI: The spare P/N for the larger OE clamp is 999 512 629 00, but again I do not know if this was what they were supplied to use or, if it was AM, so I can only go on their word for now.
Yes, you are once again correct, I'm not able to access Porsche technical bulletin myself. This is clearly/simply because I'm a Porsche customer, not an employee nor an owner of a Porsche dealer whom "rightfully" have a login/access to their internal bulletins. But that doesn't mean I couldn't get/have it . I even coded my own car myself through PIWIS in the comfort of my own home, to change the auto start/stop from Default On (code 785) to remember Last Mode (code 787).

Rather than discussing of what you believe or what you've been told, me (and I think the community here) is more interested on why they decided (only if they actually did) to put a larger clamp which evidently is not what Porsche specified to use.
I assume you said larger means the width of the clamp is wider, not the length is longer.
With evident of attached picture snapped from my car,
- Wider width might not seat properly on its plastic retainer guide (circle in red). It may also not seating properly on the groove you described on post #13.
- Longer just not necessary as it still have plenty of length left (2 red lines).
Attached Images  
Old 03-20-2015, 11:37 AM
NVRANUF
Rennlist Member

Received 460 Likes on 257 Posts

Old 03-20-2015, 09:38 PM
speed21
Banned

Yes, you are once again correct, I'm not able to access Porsche technical bulletin myself. This is clearly/simply because I'm a Porsche customer, not an employee nor an owner of a Porsche dealer whom "rightfully" have a login/access to their internal bulletins. But that doesn't mean I couldn't get/have it . I even coded my own car myself through PIWIS in the comfort of my own home, to change the auto start/stop from Default On (code 785) to remember Last Mode (code 787).

Rather than discussing of what you believe or what you've been told, me (and I think the community here) is more interested on why they decided (only if they actually did) to put a larger clamp which evidently is not what Porsche specified to use.
I assume you said larger means the width of the clamp is wider, not the length is longer.
With evident of attached picture snapped from my car,
- Wider width might not seat properly on its plastic retainer guide (circle in red). It may also not seating properly on the groove you described on post #13.
- Longer just not necessary as it still have plenty of length left (2 red lines).
Never said the new clamp was "larger"! Not sure where you got that idea from? Here, just for you; There are two clamps on the hose, one small (for throttle body end) and, one large (for Y pipe end) which I have given you the Part# for already. Part # for the smaller clamp is 9997 512 542 00, goes on throttle body end btw .
Bud I can only go over it with my service techs so many times. To date I'm more than satisfied with the answers they have given me, and tbh that's all that matters to me. If you don't like it then try to deal with it. You refer to the "community" as if you are the governing powers to be (lol like where is everyone here now anyway) but forums are to share experiences, good bad or otherwise. Funny stuff If i must say. You get your hands on a service tech bulletin, and do the job yourself? Like big deal! The job is child's play to most here, (done it many times myself on my 997tt) much the same with using a piwis once you are show how to. So not real sure what your point is with all that palaver anyway but I'm done here pal....but hey by all means feel free to continue on your mission.
Old 03-21-2015, 12:16 AM
pyramid
Racer

Never said the new clamp was "larger"! Not sure where you got that idea from? Here, just for you; There are two clamps on the hose, one small (for throttle body end) and, one large (for Y pipe end) which I have given you the Part# for already. Part # for the smaller clamp is 9997 512 542 00, goes on throttle body end btw .
Bud I can only go over it with my service techs so many times. To date I'm more than satisfied with the answers they have given me, and tbh that's all that matters to me. If you don't like it then try to deal with it. You refer to the "community" as if you are the governing powers to be (lol like where is everyone here now anyway) but forums are to share experiences, good bad or otherwise. Funny stuff If i must say. You get your hands on a service tech bulletin, and do the job yourself? Like big deal! The job is child's play to most here, (done it many times myself on my 997tt) much the same with using a piwis once you are show how to. So not real sure what your point is with all that palaver anyway but I'm done here pal....but hey by all means feel free to continue on your mission.
The point was to further showed you my ability to get an official bulletin (even tough was not watermarked under my name).
An official bulletins such as some I posted here : http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/9...ml#post3946737

Let me recall,
- Someone here asking about boost issue.
- Others (which fall into community category) showed up and interested on the same subject.
- I gave the community detail procedure on what's need to be done because I actually own the car and affected by the same recall.
- Then you came in questioning my explanation with what you believed that only coming from what you've been told.
- I asked for a proof to back up your words (with nicely saying to backup the tech's words).
- You then came with no further proof but again only your believes from what's been told, and not even seen one.
- Then you still hold on to your ego and lecturing me on what's this forum used for instead of giving me a credit when it is due like someone else here.

Thank you for showing your true color. I've meet people like you and I'm done entertaining your "beautiful mind".
Old 03-21-2015, 12:38 AM
speed21
Banned

The point was to further showed you my ability to get an official bulletin (even tough was not watermarked under my name).
An official bulletins such as some I posted here : http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/9...ml#post3946737

Let me recall,
- Someone here asking about boost issue.
- Others (which fall into community category) showed up and interested on the same subject.
- I gave the community detail procedure on what's need to be done because I actually own the car and affected by the same recall.
- Then you came in questioning my explanation with what you believed that only coming from what you've been told.
- I asked for a proof to back up your words (with nicely saying to backup the tech's words).
- You then came with no further proof but again only your believes from what's been told, and not even seen one.
- Then you still hold on to your ego and lecturing me on what's this forum used for instead of giving me a credit when it is due like someone else here.

Thank you for showing your true color. I've meet people like you and I'm done entertaining your "beautiful mind".
Ahhh...now I get it. It's all about getting your ego stroked for providing something which as you say; is available to everyone here if they go ask for it from their service techs. LOL! You are one funny dude. And re my not getting further proof; Pal I'm not receiving advice from bums on park bench's here. Like it or not these guys are professionally trained Porsche technicians whom I've come to know quite well over the years. As I said, if you don't want to believe they changed the clamp then fine by me. I've never questioned the content of the bulletin either so have no idea what you are babbling about there. Truly the way you are coming across is nearly as if you are dirty they changed the clamp out. Maybe next time take your car in and get the techs to do it instead of wasting your time on a paid warranty recall and then getting your **** in a twist because someone else posted how they wound up with something more than you did. Anyway you go and have yourself a great day now
Old 03-21-2015, 12:58 AM
pyramid
Racer

Originally Posted by 1Gunner
LOL... I now know what you mean.
Silly me entertaining imaginary **** and wasting my time.
Old 03-21-2015, 02:23 PM
NVRANUF
Rennlist Member

Received 460 Likes on 257 Posts

LOL... I now know what you mean.
Silly me entertaining imaginary **** and wasting my time.
LOL, Exactly... he spouts "ad nauseam" about what he's claimed to have heard or read, and whenever pressed to support those verbose claims, he lashes out..

Begs to wonder if Speedy even owns a 991 TT, not one of his (MANY) posts has shown the Rennsport community his car.

...but I'd never suggest that, I'd only get a verbal lashing and be sent to the time-out corner.

Last edited by NVRANUF; 03-21-2015 at 06:06 PM.
Old 09-12-2016, 03:40 PM
achenator
Racer

Received 111 Likes on 76 Posts

Did anyone ever decide that there is an upgraded clamp available for this? I had someone check out the bulletin and he says no mention of an upgraded clamp. My hose needs to be changed as it has popped off a dozen times and I'd rather not make a whole days' trip to the dealer and back if I can order this for $150 and change it myself in 30 mins as I live in the boonies.
Old 09-13-2016, 12:24 PM
pyramid
Racer

Originally Posted by achenator
Did anyone ever decide that there is an upgraded clamp available for this? I had someone check out the bulletin and he says no mention of an upgraded clamp.
There is no upgraded clamp,
The clamp is built (molded) into the rubber hose, you'll get the exact same part as it were before but will be correctly tourqe to new specs when installed as explained on this thread.

Quick Reply: Turbo boost issues