Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Road Spy

GT3RS owner asking more questions...

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2014, 04:09 PM
1198r
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GT3RS owner asking more questions...

Hi - I posted a few weeks back asking questions and you were kind enough to help; I have some more:

I test drove the Turbo and did experience some turbo lag - is this the same on the S?

Those that track their car - have you put stickier tyres on? Has it made a big difference?

Can all the electronics be switched off and if so, how does it feel?

Finally, anyone got any pics of jet black with clear rear lights and LED's at front?

As you can see - I am very tempted to get one!

Thanks in advance.
Old 08-29-2014, 11:06 PM
kyrocks
Rennlist Member

Received 389 Likes on 204 Posts

Lag is same on S and nonS
R compound tires will make a better handling experience and more feel of the road. They will not last very long due to the car's weight.
You can turn traction control totally off, but the car still interferes when it is relatively unstable. It is not like a GT3/RS.
Old 08-30-2014, 01:02 AM
1198r
Pro

^ cheers.
Old 08-30-2014, 12:24 PM
carcommander
Rennlist Member

Received 277 Likes on 153 Posts

I owned '11 GT3RS and own a turbo now. Seat of the pants non S and S are the same.
I don't personally notice any lag. GT3 RS and turbo are very different 911's. You might br happier with a GT3 if you can get an allocation.

Personally I would rather have a Turbo if I were going to drive it much.
Old 08-31-2014, 12:36 AM
speed21
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I own a S and also don't notice any lag at all. My previous 997tt was tuned and very electric off the line but still manifested lag in certain situations. The S on the other hand seems lag free in comparison. The boost always feels pre loaded under foot so it is instantaneous and on tap for all types of throttle applications. Truly brilliant for a turbo car. I'm not sure in what type of situations you are experiencing the lag but if you have only driven a regular turbo then I would best advise you to drive the S back to back on the same route. I definitely felt differences between the two, and whist not huge because the cars are so powerful anyway, the S's power delivery felt better resolved to me, sharper and a bit beefier in the overall power delivery....also a tad sharper in quick on off throttle applications. The differences may not be huge but are there for sure. As you should be aware the actual differences between the regular turbo and S are in the ecu mapping and boost settings and, that more boost is applied in the S which gives that extra HP. Best to drive an S for yourself back to back a regular turbo and I'm sure you will feel it.
Old 08-31-2014, 12:30 PM
1198r
Pro

^ appreciate the feed back chaps.

Absolutely realise GT3 - Turbo are different animals. Will try to see if I can go out in an S.

Quick Reply: GT3RS owner asking more questions...