Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Road Spy

5 Lug conversion to Center Lock

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2015, 03:27 PM
rolling porsche
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The other upside of the center locks wheels is more difficult for the thieves to steal them.
Technically more difficult and less demands.

Love the look and everything about the CL on my TTS.
Old 08-29-2015, 03:59 PM
FORENN
Banned

Received 666 Likes on 327 Posts

Originally Posted by rolling porsche
The other upside of the center locks wheels is more difficult for the thieves to steal them.
Technically more difficult and less demands.
LOL, where are you leaving your TTS where this is a worry?
Old 09-06-2015, 03:34 PM
Carjunky1
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congratulations to all who have not had a flat whether with CL's otherwise. Also fantastic to those who have the $2500 wheel/tire insurance. Just know this regardless of your past experience, more than likely you will need a Porsche dealership to replace the tire on a CL rim because most 3rd-party shops will not have the equipment to do this. You California folks have plenty of dealerships to be near when a flat happens but I don't.

IMHO the 991 CL's look fantastic but all previous P-car CL's don't. Really interesting is the observation that the humongous PCCB brakes and yellow calipers are the real show-stoppers. I own the 991 Turbo S with the Turbo 5-lug wheels that have the non-polished surfaces painted black so it would be the closest comparison to the current CL's. I absolutely love this combination and it has allowed me many winter wheel alternatives.

Quick Reply: 5 Lug conversion to Center Lock