Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Road Spy

MASSIVE Turbo lag on takeoff

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2014, 07:46 PM
08viper1
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Your car must have a issue...My 991 TS is faster than my 997 TS which ran to 60 mph in 2.6 seconds and the quarter mile in 10.7 seconds....This is insane fast for a stock vehicle..Also, no turbo lag at all...Nothing on the street will beat you and very few at the race track..Just use your LC in ,SP and turn off TM...You will be happy...

I have had no issues with my car...
Old 03-29-2014, 09:00 PM
speed21
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 08viper1
Your car must have a issue...My 991 TS is faster than my 997 TS which ran to 60 mph in 2.6 seconds and the quarter mile in 10.7 seconds....This is insane fast for a stock vehicle..Also, no turbo lag at all...Nothing on the street will beat you and very few at the race track..Just use your LC in ,SP and turn off TM...You will be happy...

I have had no issues with my car...
Agree with this. Zero lag. Very electric off the line.
Old 04-13-2014, 04:49 AM
Hugo Gunnarsen
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not getting mine before May-8 (ED), but I would not be surprised that what you experience might be intended "instant launch". My M3 does the same, if I stomp on the gas it will launch, which lag the start by 0.5s or so, and then it's like a regular launch. If you just press the gas I guess it moves like normally? Is there a 'kick down' on the TS? As in you can feel a click/button pressed etc. when you give more than 90% throttle, that might be what would do a kick-down, or at stand still engage launch.
Old 04-13-2014, 03:25 PM
ColdList
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Hugo Gunnarsen
Not getting mine before May-8 (ED), but I would not be surprised that what you experience might be intended "instant launch". My M3 does the same, if I stomp on the gas it will launch, which lag the start by 0.5s or so, and then it's like a regular launch. If you just press the gas I guess it moves like normally? Is there a 'kick down' on the TS? As in you can feel a click/button pressed etc. when you give more than 90% throttle, that might be what would do a kick-down, or at stand still engage launch.
After endless conversations with techs and Porche fanatics about this issue it appears to be a normal situation. What I should have been more clear about is that when I say "Massive" that is my own subjective viewpoint. I tend to be very sensitive when it comes to my cars and relative performance. I am one who likes to get ever y inch of available power/torque form my car. I really drive them. This is nothing more than the electronics figuring out what I want to do and protecting the PDK at the same time. Using LC there is no delay. There is zero slippage. No problems whatsoever. Very happy with the car.

I did however order a Huracan-lol! 12 month wait so I'll enjoy my TTS for now (maybe keep it for the wife)
Old 04-13-2014, 03:47 PM
cartester
Instructor

12 month wait? You're never going to make it.
Old 04-13-2014, 07:52 PM
DaveChapin
Advanced

Received 62 Likes on 12 Posts

You know, a 12 month wait for that car (after a decade on the same design) doesn't actually sound that bad. What was the lead time on the 458 roll out? I'll bet it was a lot longer for your avg customer. Dealer might have given you a nice deal even if it doesn't sound like it. Or did you have to pay extra to "move up" the line?
Old 04-13-2014, 08:48 PM
ColdList
Racer

Originally Posted by cartester
12 month wait? You're never going to make it.
Lol! I know. I was reconsidering interim McClarens today
Old 04-13-2014, 08:51 PM
ColdList
Racer

Originally Posted by DaveChapin
You know, a 12 month wait for that car (after a decade on the same design) doesn't actually sound that bad. What was the lead time on the 458 roll out? I'll bet it was a lot longer for your avg customer. Dealer might have given you a nice deal even if it doesn't sound like it. Or did you have to pay extra to "move up" the line?
Yeah 12 mo really is not bad. I found a dealer who was able to do that for me. I have another who can do 18 mos.

Still no word on what the Ferrari 458 replacement will be. I a able to get on the list right away or order a current spider right now if I want. The spider is approx. 12 mos. No word on wait time for the new model yet. I didn't pay extra. They have my Cali on consignment. They know I am a real buyer.
Old 04-14-2014, 12:04 AM
cartester
Instructor

Originally Posted by ColdList
Still no word on what the Ferrari 458 replacement will be.
Turbo V-6 with KERS. 200 lb lighter.
Old 04-14-2014, 05:57 PM
ColdList
Racer

Turbo V-6 with KERS. 200 lb lighter.
I had heard that but Ferrari wont confirm. Sales guy seems to think otherwise since a V8 TT was put in the Cali. Very interested to see if it will have styling cues similar to the Speciale which IMO is PERFECT in every way!
Attached Images      
Old 04-14-2014, 06:31 PM
cartester
Instructor

That's gorgeous. I'm looking for the 458 replacement to have F12 styling elements. I've seen no photos or drawings though.
Old 04-14-2014, 06:44 PM
ColdList
Racer

That's gorgeous. I'm looking for the 458 replacement to have F12 styling elements. I've seen no photos or drawings though.
Yeah the Speciale is just gorgeous!! I am pretty sure they will model it after the Speciale not the F12. Just no real similarities to work with. Gorgeous car but vastly different style. It reminds me more of the FF in many ways. In person it is stunning!...and it sounds even better! I had an opportunity to purchase one fall right into my lap a couple of weeks ago but I passed because I still love my TTS! Just ordered a Huracan but we will see how she look sin real life. Will be hard ot pass on the 458 replacement I am sure. Plenty of time to see as the Huracan will take 12 mos. for delivery and surely we'll see some renderings of the "new 458" before then so I can change my mind if I want. Either car will be amazing!
Old 04-15-2014, 09:06 PM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Received 377 Likes on 226 Posts

Update from Nick Murray :

https://rennlist.com/forums/991/8104...new-video.html

I just can not believe this!
Old 04-15-2014, 11:20 PM
SamFromTX
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by neanicu
Update from Nick Murray :

https://rennlist.com/forums/991/8104...new-video.html

I just can not believe this!
Unbelievable. Will re-post in the GT3 forum.
Old 04-15-2014, 11:42 PM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Received 377 Likes on 226 Posts

Originally Posted by SamFromTX
Unbelievable. Will re-post in the GT3 forum.
Thanks Sam! I appreciate it!

Quick Reply: MASSIVE Turbo lag on takeoff