Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Road Spy

Support group for "waiting" anxiety

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2014, 08:01 PM
PMAA
Rennlist Member

Received 79 Likes on 36 Posts

Ordered my TT Jan 27....Configuration locked March 8...Currently the car is one week away from exiting production....about one more month (give or take) to go for delivery...AND...if that's not enough I traded in my 991 C2 back in February ... I have some serious withdrawal going on here.
Old 04-17-2014, 08:57 PM
ColdList
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by PMAA
Ordered my TT Jan 27....Configuration locked March 8...Currently the car is one week away from exiting production....about one more month (give or take) to go for delivery...AND...if that's not enough I traded in my 991 C2 back in February ... I have some serious withdrawal going on here.
haha! I re=traded mine too. I couldn't take the wait! I bought a TTS Cab that showed up at the dealer! Whew! Hang in there!

Last edited by ColdList; 04-17-2014 at 09:29 PM.
Old 04-17-2014, 10:25 PM
AndrewP
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Just saw this thread

Well, a first week of July build, late August ETA on a '15 TTS coupe. This year dealer has been getting TT/TTS earlier than estimated. The most recent was a month early, but I figure that I have at least four months to wait. The configuration was the most frustrating part, but I finally got it right and no compromise. Might be away when it gets to the dealer in August and in any event it gets flatbedded to the Expel installer, who will also apply Opticoat, which should make wheel cleaning very easy and keep the rest of the paint looking like a proper Porsche should.
Yes, a long wait, but not longer than I have not endured in the past. The prospect is fun to contemplate. Kind of like when I was a kid. That's it. Its why our significant others indulge our weird little obsession. Because we are a bit like children about these cars. Got to admit that it is beyond my imagination when I was a kid.
Old 04-17-2014, 11:14 PM
Badknees
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by zedosix
Ironically the waiting part has been the least stressful for me, it was the configuration process that made me crazy! Thank goodness my wife loves me!
+1

My TTS Coupe has a June build date. I spent a lot of time agonizing over the configuration. Many thanks to those rennlisters who helped answer a bunch of my PMs. It really helped
Old 04-18-2014, 10:53 AM
ColdList
Racer

Originally Posted by AndrewP
Because we are a bit like children about these cars.
Hahaha! No kidding! I do lots of crazy stuff and my wife understands but with this obsession she thinks I'm nuts (and she's a car girl too).!-lol!

Oh well...I don't like her cooking!
Old 04-18-2014, 12:56 PM
TK23
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm glad to see this thread revived. The waiting is making me a little crazy. I was supposed to have a completion date of April 11. Got pushed back for some reason and I was starting to get concerned. This morning my car popped up on the dealer site, which means it was completed in the last day or so and a VIN was assigned. Just knowing it actually exists is nice even if it is still across the ocean. Now I can start the next phase of waiting... the shipping schedule search and boat tracking! Good luck to all those waiting. I hope your cars get built early.
Old 04-18-2014, 05:28 PM
jonnybravom3
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had an issue last week because 2 months ago I configured my TT and placed an order for June build September delivery 2015 model. On Wednesday of last week dealer called saying Porsche middle east cancelled all 2015 allocations so in effect my order got cancelled.

Was furious. Luckily the dealer has a cancelled order that arrived which is 95% similar to my custom order. So I have to live without PDCC, stitched seats, power steering plus, adaptive cruise control and reverse camera. The car also has a different wheel (car came with cf with gear change buttons....I ordered alcantara sport design with paddles) and seatbelts (came black...I ordered racing yellow) to my configuration that the dealer agreed change for me. The car also has painted PCM (yellow) which looks horrible IMO so they are changing that whole thing for me to the standard black. Also insisted on painting the red brakes yellow to match the racing yellow color and window tinting and protective film on bonnet as part of the deal. They accepted so I'm going down tomorrow morning with my chequebook.

So looking forward to taking delivery of my new 2014 TT in the next week or 2 hopefully.
Old 04-18-2014, 06:56 PM
PMAA
Rennlist Member

Did Porsche give you an explanation why the allocations were cancelled? Glad the dealer is trying to somewhat make good on the configuration you ordered.
Old 04-18-2014, 07:18 PM
PMAA
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by TK23
I'm glad to see this thread revived. The waiting is making me a little crazy. I was supposed to have a completion date of April 11. Got pushed back for some reason and I was starting to get concerned. This morning my car popped up on the dealer site, which means it was completed in the last day or so and a VIN was assigned. Just knowing it actually exists is nice even if it is still across the ocean. Now I can start the next phase of waiting... the shipping schedule search and boat tracking! Good luck to all those waiting. I hope your cars get built early.
Porsche really does need a way for the customer to monitor progress through their website. Not really liking they are not holding the schedule...I have a completion date of 4/25. Being the eternal optimist I was hoping it would be completed and delivered at least a few weeks early.

Last edited by PMAA; 04-19-2014 at 08:15 AM.
Old 04-18-2014, 11:07 PM
jonnybravom3
Advanced

Did Porsche give you an explanation why the allocations were cancelled? Glad the dealer is trying to somewhat make good on the configuration you ordered.
I was told that Porsche were holding off on new turbo production until the GT3 production is restarted so no custom orders as long as the showroom has cars the dealer would need to sell those cars.
Old 04-18-2014, 11:19 PM
Gleek48
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just checked and my TT vin and car is now on my dealer's website. Can't wait!
Old 04-19-2014, 08:19 AM
PMAA
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jonnybravom3
I was told that Porsche were holding off on new turbo production until the GT3 production is restarted so no custom orders as long as the showroom has cars the dealer would need to sell those cars.
So not only are the GT3 folks unhappy about the handling of the fire issue now they are going to upset the turbo folks too...on the surface doesn't sound like a good plan
Old 04-19-2014, 08:38 AM
jonnybravom3
Advanced

So not only are the GT3 folks unhappy about the handling of the fire issue now they are going to upset the turbo folks too...on the surface doesn't sound like a good plan
Basically if you want a 2015 model you have to wait till April 2015....No point coz you wait 2 more months for a 2016...

Anyway I'm happy now. Here she is...

Attachment 826431

Last edited by jonnybravom3; 11-04-2014 at 03:05 PM.
Old 04-19-2014, 09:08 AM
TK23
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 5 Posts

That's exactly what I was afraid they would do. With the April 24th GT3 production starting they have to bump something. I got in just under the wire on that one. Hopefully they don't push back customer ordered cars but who knows. I was hoping things were getting pushed up as they were gearing up to resume GT3 production and that's why people were getting turbos early. That didn't happen to me though so I doubt that's the case. I traded my car over the winter which makes the waiting all the more difficult.
Old 04-19-2014, 09:21 AM
pyramid
Racer

I assume you were reffering to Porsche Middle East that were holding off? Not Porsche AG?
I believe it is not that easy to cancell confirmed allocation, but interesting explanation indeed.
In curiosity, how much does tts cost there?

My waiting case, I'm not that excited anymore, tts is starting to be shipped from germany now, but tomorrow is the "sudden" day where import taxes rise by 50% that would translate to pretty much another us100k.

Quick Reply: Support group for "waiting" anxiety