Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Road Spy

So close I can taste it!

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2014, 10:34 PM
ColdList
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You inspired me! I changed my build to day to the two tone black/carrera red. Timing was perfect because it was my last day to do it as she went into scheduled status today!
Old 02-06-2014, 10:41 PM
zedosix
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ColdList
You inspired me! I changed my build to day to the two tone black/carrera red. Timing was perfect because it was my last day to do it as she went into scheduled status today!
Did that change your delivery date or did it stay the same?
Old 02-07-2014, 12:54 AM
Just J
Rennlist Member

Received 335 Likes on 154 Posts

I don't think you'll regret it. I've had two "Space Grey" BMW's with their version of the black/red interior and have loved it, and I think I'll like this car's coloring even more. I just like the way that interior colors of black/red/silver connect to the exterior, which features the same color scheme (granted, in different proportions).
Old 02-07-2014, 04:22 AM
E4VLL
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

J, your car looks absolutely stunning - congratulations, drive her in good health!

My first 997 Turbo was GT Silver and it really suits the turbo shape.

As for the interior, I have seen the all red interior and that didn't work for me but with the black accents, it looks superb.
Old 02-07-2014, 08:22 AM
Mumbles
Drifting

Received 62 Likes on 40 Posts

So sweet.....
Old 02-07-2014, 10:13 AM
ColdList
Racer

Originally Posted by zedosix
Did that change your delivery date or did it stay the same?
Same. Hennessy Porsche ROCKS! The GM mad ea call for me and got the build moved up last week. When we made the change the date stayed the same as well.
Old 02-07-2014, 10:15 AM
ColdList
Racer

Originally Posted by Just J
I don't think you'll regret it. I've had two "Space Grey" BMW's with their version of the black/red interior and have loved it, and I think I'll like this car's coloring even more. I just like the way that interior colors of black/red/silver connect to the exterior, which features the same color scheme (granted, in different proportions).
I am sure you are right. It just looks stunning. My 991 S was Rhodium so I switched it up and went with white (as was my TT but I only owned it for a week :-) so I added the illuminated CF door sills to enhance the flow of the CF. I cannot wait.

any issues with discoloration of the red?
Old 02-07-2014, 10:22 AM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,388 Likes on 2,509 Posts

Good weather (just cold.....-4 this AM) today for your pick-up. Have fun.
Old 02-07-2014, 12:38 PM
Just J
Rennlist Member

any issues with discoloration of the red?
Not on either of the BMWs. The current Bimmer is a Z4, and the leather they use is a very heavy duty leather designed to resist damage due to sun or other weather exposure (like getting caught in the rain with the top down). No staining or anything like that.
Old 02-07-2014, 02:49 PM
ColdList
Racer

Not on either of the BMWs. The current Bimmer is a Z4, and the leather they use is a very heavy duty leather designed to resist damage due to sun or other weather exposure (like getting caught in the rain with the top down). No staining or anything like that.
Whoops. I didn't read your first reply carefully enough. I am an M guy too (sort of but still I guess). Different leather for sure. My E60 (5 mos ownership-2nd owner though. Had 28K miles when purchased) in Palomino held up well. Silverstone II in the F10 (8 mos ownership-bought new) no issues and the current F12 M6 cab (also new)is great (it is black leather though).

I imagine the Porsche leather will do well. Not sure if as strong as BMW but seems to be. Porsche to me is an overall much more precisely built car.
Old 02-08-2014, 01:53 AM
fester
Rennlist Member

Received 95 Likes on 58 Posts

Wow...what a beauty! Congrats!!
Old 02-08-2014, 02:38 PM
EDEZ TT
Instructor

Default 12 year old BMW sport red/black interior

Congratulations on your stunning turbo!

I'm partial to red/black interiors too, and here's my Z8's 12-year old leather interior. I clean and condition it with Leatherique annually, and have recently introduced Klasse leather cleaner/conditioner as needed. I'm using the same approach now with my 997's interior with good results.
Name:  Sport red:black.jpg
Views: 559
Size:  96.5 KB
Old 02-08-2014, 07:16 PM
ColdList
Racer

Originally Posted by EDEZ TT
Congratulations on your stunning turbo!

I'm partial to red/black interiors too, and here's my Z8's 12-year old leather interior. I clean and condition it with Leatherique annually, and have recently introduced Klasse leather cleaner/conditioner as needed. I'm using the same approach now with my 997's interior with good results.
Attachment 804307
12 years?!
THAT is amazing. so you use Leatherique just once per year? And the Klasse "as necessary". What does that mean exactly? I plan to follow your technique here with my TTS!

Last edited by ColdList; 02-11-2014 at 08:21 AM.
Old 02-08-2014, 08:54 PM
Snorman
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Car looks great and I really like the model designation delete.
S.
Old 02-08-2014, 08:58 PM
Just J
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by LexVan
Good weather (just cold.....-4 this AM) today for your pick-up. Have fun.
Picked it up last night and had just a little dry pavement driving. Came away extremely impressed, and feeling very good about, as my brother put it "spending as much on a car as [he] spent on [his] first house. [His] first two houses, actually." I see why Porsche gets away with charging what they do.

Then I took out today on very snowy roads and was even more impressed. This may be the best "show vehicle" I have ever driven (and I owned a Subraru impreza at one point). Total mobility and total control at all times. Amazing.

Quick Reply: So close I can taste it!