Notices
991 Turbo Turbo and Turbo S

First impressions with the new 991 TT

 
Old 01-07-2014, 01:29 AM
  #46  
Leo997TT
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 820
Default

Originally Posted by speed21 View Post
Ouch. LOL! something tells me you hit the nail squarely on the head with that one Leo!! Wow I can only just imagine the response I would have got If i'd have said that one Lmao!!! Ooooh boy looking into my crystal ball I can see a bad hair day, some tanties, along with a few water pistols being drawn now!!
I'm including myself in the list!!! I can't afford that car... I wish I have billions!! I will buy every sport car out there!!! Lol I be talking trash in every forum!! Lol

I think Porsche always build great cars and I'm pretty sure they put all their energy in the 991TT... I like the 991TT and I can't wait to see the 991 GT2 RS

Last week I was looking to trade my car for a 2014 Viper!! The price was 110k! I didn't pull the trigger because in the end I like my car way better.... This week the car is 10k cheaper.... Crazy ehh? Those Vipers are pretty sweet but I can't take one step down... From Lambo to SRT Viper.... It's just like trading a 997TT for a Corvette :-/
Attached Images    
Leo997TT is offline  
Old 01-07-2014, 01:41 AM
  #47  
speed21
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 2,453
Default

Originally Posted by fskof View Post
Lol.... so true....
Gotta love Leo's honesty and open candour…..

And yep so true!!!

Originally Posted by Psup4s View Post
philpj, let us know how the test drive goes.
Lol do we really need to wait for an outcome?

Originally Posted by Leo997TT View Post
I'm including myself in the list!!! I can't afford that car... I wish I have billions!! I will buy every sport car out there!!! Lol I be talking trash in every forum!! Lol
But you are too honest Leo. Hey btw I think the morgue is seeing some activity. Probably not pleasing for some....

PS. If i ever win lotto you and I can go on a super car shopping spree. They will all be good. Promise….and no cheap nasty 991TTS ok? LMAO!
speed21 is offline  
Old 01-07-2014, 01:43 AM
  #48  
fskof
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
fskof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Milwaukee, Wi
Posts: 1,844
Default

That viper looks great but you are right, I would not sell the Lambo for it.... but to add it to a collection...now thats a different story
fskof is offline  
Old 01-07-2014, 01:48 AM
  #49  
speed21
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 2,453
Default

T'is a hot looking car that viper. I hope the interior is up to scratch.
speed21 is offline  
Old 01-07-2014, 02:08 AM
  #50  
Leo997TT
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 820
Default

Originally Posted by speed21 View Post
T'is a hot looking car that viper. I hope the interior is up to scratch.
Their seats are from the same company that make the Ferrari seats... The interior it's nice for sure... A lot if technology and it has electronic launch control... It's pretty fat but it has problems putting the 640HP in the ground... It needs to be AWD and PDK
Leo997TT is offline  
Old 01-07-2014, 02:25 AM
  #51  
Leo997TT
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 820
Default

Originally Posted by speed21 View Post
PS. If i ever win lotto you and I can go on a super car shopping spree. They will all be good. Promise….and no cheap nasty 991TTS ok? LMAO!
Holly cow!!! Please tell me you are playing the lotto everyday!

-Aventador in black
-458 in black
-Porsche 991TTS in black
-2011 Gallardo SL in black

That's my wish list!


I'm a car guy for sure! All I do is think about cars 24x7 if I had a car collection I think the 991 TTS is a must to have it... I mean Porches & Ferraris are the Pioneer sport cars....

I can't believe some people will spend 3 millions in 1 car... Bugatti.... I can buy all my dream cars with 50% of that!!! And send my cars to Vividracing with the other 50% to make them true high performance cars!!! Lmao
Leo997TT is offline  
Old 01-07-2014, 02:26 AM
  #52  
Leo997TT
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 820
Default

Originally Posted by fskof View Post
That viper looks great but you are right, I would not sell the Lambo for it.... but to add it to a collection...now thats a different story
I will give you my Lambo when I get my first car from Paul!
Leo997TT is offline  
Old 01-07-2014, 02:40 AM
  #53  
speed21
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 2,453
Default

Originally Posted by Leo997TT View Post
Their seats are from the same company that make the Ferrari seats... The interior it's nice for sure... A lot if technology and it has electronic launch control... It's pretty fat but it has problems putting the 640HP in the ground... It needs to be AWD and PDK
OK phew just as well. So long as they are not made by Porsche I'm sure they will be fine. Nothing worse than sitting on cheap plastic
I better add that car to my list now.

Originally Posted by Leo997TT View Post
Holly cow!!! Please tell me you are playing the lotto everyday!

-Aventador in black
-458 in black
-Porsche 991TTS in black
-2011 Gallardo SL in black

That's my wish list!


I'm a car guy for sure! All I do is think about cars 24x7 if I had a car collection I think the 991 TTS is a must to have it... I mean Porches & Ferraris are the Pioneer sport cars....

I can't believe some people will spend 3 millions in 1 car... Bugatti.... I can buy all my dream cars with 50% of that!!! And send my cars to Vividracing with the other 50% to make them true high performance cars!!! Lmao
Sorry Leo. I gotta be honest and say that I can't afford to play everyday or I will never be able to afford my next car and that may mean I will have to convince myself (and everyone else silly enough to believe me) that my 997tt.1 is better than everything else newer that comes out for a long long time, and I just hate having a lend of myself..

And like yourself I am a car guy at heart and would love to have more than one super in the stable but at our prices unless I win lotto that aint gonna happen. Now, if i was in the states then that would be an entirely different story as i'd be good for 3 right now and still be "liven the dream"!. But it i$ as you say, if you have it, criticisms vanish and cars materialise IYKWIM. PS. Vivid would also be off the list too.
speed21 is offline  
Old 01-07-2014, 02:54 AM
  #54  
Leo997TT
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 820
Default

Paul,

I never really though about the MP4 looking just like the lotus but it really does lol... To be honest with you guys I never really had it for the McLaren MP4... I only like the F1 and the P1!!! I think the MP4 it's too cheap for me lol ( just JK)

I really like the 458 & the 991TTS better than the MP4... It has more spirit... The MP4 is the British GTR....
Attached Images   
Leo997TT is offline  
Old 01-07-2014, 02:57 AM
  #55  
Leo997TT
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 820
Default

They should open a section in this forum call "the dreamers pillow" and I'm down to be a moderator there :-)
Leo997TT is offline  
Old 01-07-2014, 03:11 AM
  #56  
speed21
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 2,453
Default

Originally Posted by Leo997TT View Post
Paul,

I never really though about the MP4 looking just like the lotus but it really does lol... To be honest with you guys I never really had it for the McLaren MP4... I only like the F1 and the P1!!! I think the MP4 it's too cheap for me lol ( just JK)

I really like the 458 & the 991TTS better than the MP4... It has more spirit... The MP4 is the British GTR....
….well as I said in my op here that it looked much like an overgrown elise to me, or from japanese ilk, and no offence to OP who evidently got all upset over my valid comments (since deleted due to OP's upset) but if the cap fits wear it, and performance aside the general physicality is unconvincing as an exotic to me vs say a 458 or Lambo. I found on first impressions you get a wow factor but on each follow up it becomes less and less attractive. The interior really is utilitarian, and whilst there is nothing wrong with that if track or the odd thrill is all you are seeking, but as a daily drive it really doesn't compete with a 991tts (imho of course). The 458 on the other hand is a different story altogether…..far better proposition than mp4 (to me) and most that have reviewed the two have walked away concluding the F car has it where it counts notwithstanding mp4's performance capability.

But not to get off topic too much or there will be further outrage…….so back to that cheap plastic 991tt disaster which is best used on a dodgem car circuit
speed21 is offline  
Old 01-07-2014, 03:13 AM
  #57  
Leo997TT
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 820
Default

Originally Posted by aa909 View Post
the only absolute truth here is that the GTR and paddle shifters killed all the fun and if you disagree you are obviously missing a chromosome... j/k... Well maybe only a little
+1!!! But this older guys don't want to see it.... Lol


2.8 from 0 to 60 is just ridiculous for a 100k car but I dont think Lamborghini cares much about it because the new Lamborghini Huracan is not really much faster than the Gallardo... 600HP from 0 to 60 in 3.7.... My corvette was better than that....

I really think eventually I will get another American Muscle car.... They are freaking sexy....
Attached Images     
Leo997TT is offline  
Old 01-07-2014, 03:19 AM
  #58  
Leo997TT
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 820
Default

Cheers
Attached Images  
Leo997TT is offline  
Old 01-07-2014, 03:19 AM
  #59  
speed21
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 2,453
Default

Originally Posted by Leo997TT View Post
They should open a section in this forum call "the dreamers pillow" and I'm down to be a moderator there :-)
LOL I think they have one already

PS. Forgot to mention you were doing a great job moderating. You have my vote.
speed21 is offline  
Old 01-07-2014, 08:24 AM
  #60  
atcbi5
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
atcbi5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,624
Default

Originally Posted by Leo997TT View Post
Cheers
Yo dawg what about the Prius bra. I have one, you wanna fight?
atcbi5 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: First impressions with the new 991 TT


Contact Us - About Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: