Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   991 Turbo (https://rennlist.com/forums/991-turbo-230/)
-   -   Turbo not what it used to be.... (https://rennlist.com/forums/991-turbo/787485-turbo-not-what-it-used-to-be.html)

Rocket_boy 11-26-2013 02:02 PM

I believe the TTS comes standard with LED lights,....where anything below that level is buyers choice between Xenon, Xenon PDL & LED.

I'm wondering if it's just the LED light in question as all the other 991 family regularly use the Xenon/PDL light versions,.....and I have never heard of it happening in those cars. I would not think the Xenon lights for TT cars would be any different compared to any other 991.

jacklman 11-26-2013 05:35 PM

Just spoke with service manager, No lamp, no ETA. Just called PCNA to gripe, I have a case#, but because of the holidays, they may not call me back till after Thanksgiving. We shall see what happens....12 days and counting.....this is not cool

jacklman 11-28-2013 08:18 PM

Got my car back yesterday afternoon. They finally took a headlight off another turbo and put it on my car. Happy Thanksgiving, thankful for the Rennlist Forum for the support you have given me.

fester 11-29-2013 03:44 AM

Originally Posted by WaltB (Post 10926210)
Incredible brakes!

Good humor! :roflmao:

Op--keep us posted!!

fester 11-29-2013 03:45 AM

Originally Posted by jacklman (Post 10939610)
Got my car back yesterday afternoon. They finally took a headlight off another turbo and put it on my car. Happy Thanksgiving, thankful for the Rennlist Forum for the support you have given me.

Fantastic !! Happy for you! Happy TG!!

ajag 11-30-2013 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by Rocket_boy (Post 10934323)
I believe the TTS comes standard with LED lights,....where anything below that level is buyers choice between Xenon, Xenon PDL & LED.

I'm wondering if it's just the LED light in question as all the other 991 family regularly use the Xenon/PDL light versions,.....and I have never heard of it happening in those cars. I would not think the Xenon lights for TT cars would be any different compared to any other 991.

Have never heard of this happening w/ the standard lights on the 991, it has to be something to do w/ the LED light housing. I fully plan on testing mine out w/ some threshold braking as soon as I get it, within a mile or two of the dealer, lol. :)

95spiderman 12-07-2013 12:47 PM

glad it worked out for you in end. i had same thing happen to me when i drove home with new to me lotus elise. hit bump in highway and light just popped out. i had to stop and pick it up. lotus clip is piece of junk so i just put clear 3m film over it and so far so good.

08viper1 12-08-2013 04:38 PM

Been driving my 14 TS for weeks and no issue at all with lights (tight)Went to dealer to check torque on the center locks before track duty..All Perfect...They have never heard any issues with the lights..Someone did not tighten in Germany... The 14 Turbo S is soo Bad Ass...

Porsche-Suchtig 12-09-2013 01:48 PM

That definitely sucks. Several years ago I had a new 996 Turbo S that I had to return 4 times to get them to fix a headlight that would work only intermittently.

But my expectations have been reset after purchasing a brand new 600+ car of another make only to have a rod fail on a spirited drive up to Palomar Mountain. Punched a hole in the block... I won't say what brand. But, given the stated HP, you can narrow down the list fairly quickly. The manufacturer replaced the engine under warranty. Still, I don't trust the car anymore.

P.S. For those who are curious... no I didn't hear it coming. I had the windows up and radio blasting. Never thought I'd need to drive with the radio off and windows down to listen for rod knock in a brand new car on public roads. :)

PORSCHE_TECH 12-09-2013 02:00 PM

That's a bummer. I think the dealer could take care of you, but they don't want to remove a light from another new vehicle. Sucks... Usually the vehicles are checked and inspected by a Posche Technician and also test drivin for Q.C. Maybe its not the same..

96redLT4 12-10-2013 01:21 AM

Originally Posted by GT3_racer (Post 10964375)
That definitely sucks. Several years ago I had a new 996 Turbo S that I had to return 4 times to get them to fix a headlight that would work only intermittently.

But my expectations have been reset after purchasing a brand new 600+ car of another make only to have a rod fail on a spirited drive up to Palomar Mountain. Punched a hole in the block... I won't say what brand. But, given the stated HP, you can narrow down the list fairly quickly. The manufacturer replaced the engine under warranty. Still, I don't trust the car anymore.

P.S. For those who are curious... no I didn't hear it coming. I had the windows up and radio blasting. Never thought I'd need to drive with the radio off and windows down to listen for rod knock in a brand new car on public roads. :)

Does it rhyme with sniper?
J

EDEZ TT 01-19-2014 12:41 PM

I'm reading this thread in disbelief. Were these two headlight incidents resolved and have other new 991 owners experienced this type of failures?

The rule used to be that you never purchased the first model year of a GM product because of potential quality concerns, but in a Porsche? In their halo street car?

boxer-11 06-08-2014 02:34 AM

Sad to report that the same thing just happened to me today...hit the brakes and the driver's side LED lamp assembly went flying across the pavement in front of me :( I'm right at about 4k miles on my 991TT now.

enzom 06-08-2014 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by boxer-11 (Post 11425302)
Sad to report that the same thing just happened to me today...hit the brakes and the driver's side LED lamp assembly went flying across the pavement in front of me :( I'm right at about 4k miles on my 991TT now.

Did you happen to install a clear-bra?

boxer-11 06-09-2014 02:49 AM

Yes, but in my case the light assembly did not get removed in the process (I assume that's why you are asking(?)).