Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   991 Turbo (https://rennlist.com/forums/991-turbo-230/)
-   -   Turbo not what it used to be.... (https://rennlist.com/forums/991-turbo/787485-turbo-not-what-it-used-to-be.html)

jacklman 11-22-2013 01:57 AM

Turbo not what it used to be....

2 Attachment(s)
Picked up my Turbo S from the dealer 11-14-13! Excited! drive down the street and hit the brakes....headlight plops out....take it back to the dealer, we are all in dismay, they give me a panamera rental, speechless.....still waiting for the headlight....eta...11-26-13. What should I do? Hope the wheel doesn't fall off next...

991TurboS 11-22-2013 02:12 AM

Holy cr@p!!!!! What a Buzzkill that must have been. I hope they get you fixed up soon. How is the paint around the headlight opening? Any damage there? I hope it is just the light unit.

jacklman 11-22-2013 02:30 AM

No damage to the body whatsoever...clean launch. I'm just depressed, give a kid a lollipop, then snatch it away. I understand Porsche, they could easily fed ex me a headlight from the assembly floor, but that would push back their delivery date and profits of the other turbos. Why should they care about me, they already got my $200k.

991TurboS 11-22-2013 02:37 AM

Originally Posted by jacklman (Post 10924280)
No damage to the body whatsoever...clean launch. I'm just depressed, give a kid a lollipop, then snatch it away. I understand Porsche, they could easily fed ex me a headlight from the assembly floor, but that would push back their delivery date and profits of the other turbos. Why should they care about me, they already got my $200k.

They should get you one right away. Major f-up on the assembly line. How should the unit attach? Are there snap in tabs, screws?

How about the Dealer softening up any rough edges on the original light (so it doesn't scratch the paint) and reinstalling it until a replacement arrives, then at least you can drive it? Or is the one that fell out toast?

Love your blue color choice. Mine is GT Silver.

jacklman 11-22-2013 02:59 AM

That metal bar you see in the pic somehow clamps the headlight in. Not sure exactly how it is supposed to hold it in place, didn't see any screws, then again, it could have launched and I didn't see it. I don't know if the launched headlight functions, but I will wait for the new one. If I don't get the headlight by next Tuesday, I'll just drive it without. Thanks for your support, I appreciate.

991TurboS 11-22-2013 05:31 AM

You'll be up and running in no time. Best of luck getting the light replaced in a timely fashion. I would hope Porsche would see the significance of taking care of someone that drops $200K on one of their products, let alone all the great publicity that parts falling off their new flagship will generate.

speed21 11-22-2013 06:08 AM

Originally Posted by jacklman (Post 10924280)

Only 200K? Damn I wish you guys wouldn't keep reminding me how lucky you are. I'd be happy with two headlights launching out for that price (JK). Sorry to hear it and it must be a bitch bit i'm sure it is an isolated case. Hang in there..

Love_Tacos_911 11-22-2013 11:47 AM

I would be livid. Sorry to hear this. I would make them go over every nut and bolt now.

ajag 11-22-2013 03:25 PM

Sorry to hear that, but I have to comment that your sapphire blue is gorgeous. More pics when you are made whole please. :)

dewilmoth 11-22-2013 03:58 PM

It is very easy to get the headlights in and out with the supplied tool that comes with the car in the tool kit. I'd be willing to bet the dealer took the headlight out during delivery inspection/unwrapping and didn't get it back in properly. I have a hard time believing it happened at the factory, but anything is possible. Either way, major bummer, but somewhat minor in the end.

Sulaiman 11-22-2013 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by ajag (Post 10925463)
Sorry to hear that, but I have to comment that your sapphire blue is gorgeous. More pics when you are made whole please. :)

First of all I'm so sorry for this stupid quality check from Porsche

A jag I think the color is dark blue metallic

LexVan 11-22-2013 04:36 PM

Looks like the LED version. Can't the dealership just scavange a new light off of one of their cars in the lot, just to plug the hole, so you can drive it (during the day)?

Sorry this happened.

TheDatanator 11-22-2013 04:47 PM

Is it possible there was something done at the port of entry and the fault happened there? It's easy to say QC is going downhill but it may have been fine at the factory. They do touch up work at the ports all the time.

br911 11-22-2013 08:21 PM

I had to stop at the same dealer this week, and heard the story after I asked if their first 991 TTS customer was actually enjoying his/her car. I expected a sound yes, but... Regardless of whose fault it was, someone somewhere needed to bring the part to you asap - 2 weeks for that is not acceptable imho. Sorry about the cold shower on delivery day. I hope you have by the time you have your turkey, so that you can enjoy both even more . Good luck.

WaltB 11-22-2013 08:27 PM

Incredible brakes!