Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Road Spy

991 Turbo Allocation Available

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2013, 01:02 AM
SCA11
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks guys. I am feeling pretty good about the build. At one point I was also considering going for one of the PTS light grey colors (Fashion or Light Oxford) but was worried that you really can't tell for sure how it will look unless you have seen a PTS color on a car in person. Couldn't even find a picture of Light Oxford! I do like the dark blue metallic though.
Old 09-20-2013, 10:24 AM
ajag
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Great build, only thing I'd question is how good the gloss black wheels would look on DBM, but that's a personal preference thing.
Old 09-20-2013, 02:38 PM
Sonnen Porsche
Former Vendor

Received 104 Likes on 29 Posts

It has been fun building this car for you Steve. I will email you the "final"spec later today mate.
Old 09-20-2013, 03:38 PM
SCA11
Advanced

Originally Posted by ajag
Great build, only thing I'd question is how good the gloss black wheels would look on DBM, but that's a personal preference thing.
That is a good question. I think it will either look pretty good or really great. It will for sure be a bit different, so there is always a bit of risk in that. But the wheels themselves are flippin gorgeous so I am guessing I can't go too wrong. The other thing I thought about is that those wheels really expose the brake calipers and rotors a lot more, and those look great and are fairly bright, so should be a good look. We'll see!
Old 09-21-2013, 11:18 AM
Rennteam
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SCA11
First post here - I was actually getting a little discouraged by lack of Turbo allocations at another dealer I had been talking to for several weeks. Nothing, nada. Then Presto! I see Brett's post while scanning through Rennlist, and I took his allocation. I for one appreciated that he posted on this thread.

Build is below- any/all comments or suggestions are welcome. Although if I make any other changes I fear Brett may jump off the Golden Gate Bridge at this point! Rennlist forum has been invaluable in figuring out what I want on this car. Target delivery late Jan/Feb.

911 Turbo
Dark Blue Metallic
Leather Interior in Black
Seat Stitching in Deviating Thread (Front and Rear)
Dashboard Stitching in Deviating Thread
Upper door trim stitching in deviating thread
Rear side panel stitching in deviating thread
Door center panel stitching in deviating thread
Armrest stitching in deviating thread
Door handle stitching in deviating thread
Seat Heating (Front)
Porsche Dynamic Chassis Cntrl
SportDesign side mirrors
Seat Ventilation (Front)
Luggage Net in Passenger Footwell
LED headlights incl. PDLS Plus
Porsche Entry & Drive
ParkAssist (Front and Rear) incl. Reversing Camera
Sport Chrono Package
Electric sunroof
Telephone module
Cordless receiver for telephone
Voice Control
Stitching in deviating thread for option XHS
Stitching in deviating thread for option XNS
Model Designation "911"
Sport Chrono Clock Dial in White
Adaptive Sport Seats Plus (18-way) with Memory Package
Wheels Painted in Black (High-Gloss)
Instrument Dials in White
Rear center tunnel in leather
20-inch Sport Classic Wheel
Fuel filler cap with Aluminium Look finish
Everything looks nice and great but may I ask a stupid question? You added LED lights, Sport Chrono and PDCC to your package. Why not go for the Turbo S?
If you think that the Turbo and Turbo S are the same, minus the 40 horses, think again. The Turbo S has a different sound symposer programming (sounds "louder" in the upper rev range) and a higher rev limit (7200 vs. 7000 rpm) which may not sound much but it really makes a difference (shifting). Just saying...

So why the Turbo? Just curious.
Old 09-21-2013, 04:59 PM
SCA11
Advanced

Originally Posted by Rennteam
Everything looks nice and great but may I ask a stupid question? You added LED lights, Sport Chrono and PDCC to your package. Why not go for the Turbo S?
If you think that the Turbo and Turbo S are the same, minus the 40 horses, think again. The Turbo S has a different sound symposer programming (sounds "louder" in the upper rev range) and a higher rev limit (7200 vs. 7000 rpm) which may not sound much but it really makes a difference (shifting). Just saying...

So why the Turbo? Just curious.
Very reasonable question. With the options I want, a Turbo S is over $195k versus my build at about $175k, where I had kind of drawn the line in terms of new car spend. I wasn't particularly interested in ceramic brakes, which is a good chunk of the difference. The advantages > 7000 are a good point but realistically 98% of the time I won't be in that rev range anyway so won't notice. I expect at this performance level that I won't notice anything is "missing" vs what an S would be like. But who knows, maybe down the road I'll wish I had the S but I am guessing not. I didn't know about the sound difference though so appreciate that added info.
Old 09-21-2013, 07:37 PM
Rennteam
Advanced

Very reasonable question. With the options I want, a Turbo S is over $195k versus my build at about $175k, where I had kind of drawn the line in terms of new car spend. I wasn't particularly interested in ceramic brakes, which is a good chunk of the difference. The advantages > 7000 are a good point but realistically 98% of the time I won't be in that rev range anyway so won't notice. I expect at this performance level that I won't notice anything is "missing" vs what an S would be like. But who knows, maybe down the road I'll wish I had the S but I am guessing not. I didn't know about the sound difference though so appreciate that added info.
Never did a calculation with US options but with German options in EUR, the price difference between the 991 Turbo and Turbo S is about 4k EUR if you choose the same options on the Turbo. If you add the PCCB, the price difference is about 12k EUR. For me, 12k difference is worth it going for the Turbo S instead, just saying.

I get it though, you wanted to draw a (cost) line and you did.
Agreed, the 40 additional horses may not make such an impact in the below 100 mph speed range (if any) but this isn't about the power only.

Please don't misunderstand me: I am not trying to convince you, you made your choice, I was just wondering.
Old 09-21-2013, 09:31 PM
SCA11
Advanced

If it was only a $4,000 difference I would definitely have gone with the S. $20k tipped me over. Either way can't wait!
Old 09-25-2013, 07:24 PM
Sonnen Porsche
Former Vendor

Received 104 Likes on 29 Posts

Got another Turbo allocation if anyone needs a car for late January delivery? Please email me if you guys need one.
Old 09-28-2013, 08:21 AM
superyota
Intermediate

There are lots cars available, that may change quickly once they hit the road.
Old 09-29-2013, 10:37 AM
Rennteam
Advanced

Originally Posted by superyota
There are lots cars available, that may change quickly once they hit the road.
Well...people usually choose the Turbo S, so yes, the Turbo should be easier available, also because it comes later than the Turbo S.
Old 10-23-2013, 03:51 PM
Love_Tacos_911
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

First post here - I was actually getting a little discouraged by lack of Turbo allocations at another dealer I had been talking to for several weeks. Nothing, nada. Then Presto! I see Brett's post while scanning through Rennlist, and I took his allocation. I for one appreciated that he posted on this thread.

Build is below- any/all comments or suggestions are welcome. Although if I make any other changes I fear Brett may jump off the Golden Gate Bridge at this point! Rennlist forum has been invaluable in figuring out what I want on this car. Target delivery late Jan/Feb.

911 Turbo
Dark Blue Metallic
Leather Interior in Black
Seat Stitching in Deviating Thread (Front and Rear)
Dashboard Stitching in Deviating Thread
Upper door trim stitching in deviating thread
Rear side panel stitching in deviating thread
Door center panel stitching in deviating thread
Armrest stitching in deviating thread
Door handle stitching in deviating thread
Seat Heating (Front)
Porsche Dynamic Chassis Cntrl
SportDesign side mirrors
Seat Ventilation (Front)
Luggage Net in Passenger Footwell
LED headlights incl. PDLS Plus
Porsche Entry & Drive
ParkAssist (Front and Rear) incl. Reversing Camera
Sport Chrono Package
Electric sunroof
Telephone module
Cordless receiver for telephone
Voice Control
Stitching in deviating thread for option XHS
Stitching in deviating thread for option XNS
Model Designation "911"
Sport Chrono Clock Dial in White
Adaptive Sport Seats Plus (18-way) with Memory Package
Wheels Painted in Black (High-Gloss)
Instrument Dials in White
Rear center tunnel in leather
20-inch Sport Classic Wheel
Fuel filler cap with Aluminium Look finish
Nice! Cannot wait to see the pics and hear a review.
Old 10-24-2013, 09:54 AM
mikegee
Rennlist Member

Nice spec on the Turbo. i have one coming in late jan2014. I can't/have to wait! It'll be my 11th Porsche and 2nd Turbo.

about the advertising...I have been lucky enough to own many , many sports cars in my 67 years. I have bought them all over the US and one in Mexico. I appreciate any and all advertisements by any dealers concerning automobiles for sale.

My local dealer has NEVER called me and said, "hey Mike, check it out" I have basically found someone who knows what I like and how often I buy and he alerts me to deals here and there. I also am constantly looking for deals. I for one appreciate Brett for keeping open deals listed. This is helpful and IMO, completely professional
Old 10-24-2013, 04:21 PM
Tacet-Conundrum
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Ajax-Prime
I've heard of a few examples of this situation. Is anyone else mildly surprised that launch cars and 'extra' slots are available? I would have thought, especially in Cali, that there would be plenty of takers.

Proximity to Mr. Musk, a symptom of price, or just the fact you can get 99% of the performance of a Turbo for several thousand less in a GT3?
One this is for sure The Turbo is Far, Far more COMFY in the relaxment Department compared to the GT3 but shifting- though that the only shifting option is for both models are PDK that doesn't matter much. Oh and levels of power with the Turbo compare the N.A. are not there either.

But, VERY BIG BUTT you not going to get the HOOT and the FUN in comparison on a Driving day event in a Turbo and too many, including me, that is the price I would easily pay for the difference. That is the difference in paying for the GT3 and not the Turbo.

Would love to have both cars some day. I'm leaning toward the 991 Turbo and probably the 996 GT3 and have it outfitted at Sharky's and then take it to RSS so I can shake her down to a suitable level for good ole track day fun. As most of us know that the earlier itterations of the GT3 had less Nannies

Quick Reply: 991 Turbo Allocation Available