Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Road Spy

DSC V3 Controller and H&R spring Setup

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2024 | 01:25 PM
FIR3
Rennlist Member

Default DSC V3 Controller and H&R spring Setup

I recently picked up the DSC V3 controller from TPC for my 991.2 Turbo S that came with H&R springs. I’m excited to see if this improves the harsh ride quality of the H&R springs. I want to use the out of the box program from TPC racing, but I want to make sure it is aware of the car’s lower ride height setting.

I watched a few YouTube videos on the zeroing out procedure. In the videos the installer usually chooses from one of a few different 991 profiles, does a “reset board” and then clicks “zero travel” in the settings tab. Just want to confirm a couple of things.

1) What is the appropriate profile for a 991.2 Turbo S?

2) Does selecting a 991 profile and “Reseting board” and or “zero travel” result in a different program being loaded other than the TPC program or does this just zero out the ride height of the included program? Hoping for the latter.

Thanks.

Pic to keep it interesting:

Old 09-18-2024 | 02:26 PM
Kyrosnick
Racer

You can try the various maps and see what you like. The GT car ones, normal, etc. I found normal one good for me. Only takes 30 seconds to switch.
Yes you need to set the ride height zero. It just sets what the zero is for the height sensors.
Old 09-18-2024 | 03:41 PM
Pb Pedis
Rennlist Member

Curious to hear what OP thinks about the change to the feel of the ride with the DSC and H&R...
Old 09-18-2024 | 04:56 PM
FIR3
Rennlist Member

I got a response back from TPC. It sounds like I can safely zero out for ride height with any of the 9x1 profiles and it won’t change the included TPC program.

”We suggest zero-ing the ride height sensors on cars that are lowered, if you are positioned to do it. If not, then it is fine. Without zero-ing you should get up to 97% of the controller's full potential. Zero-ing is not a requirement. It is optional.

Select 9x1 for Vehicle Type. Technically, it doesn't matter which you select for this task, since the Vehicle Type is for displaying features on the screen for relevant to that vehicle. The Zero command to the sensors work the same regardless of the display. It is good practice to select the correct vehicle for future purposes.

Vehicle Type will not change the calibration file on the controller.”
The following users liked this post:
Pb Pedis (09-18-2024)
Old 09-18-2024 | 05:34 PM
Pb Pedis
Rennlist Member

I did the zero ride height procedure on my car with Eibach springs. Couldn't hurt to do it, so why not.
Old 09-20-2024 | 10:50 AM
Stark7x
Rennlist Member

I'm curious as well if you'll feel any difference. I switched from HR's to Eibach because HR's were just too rough... especially with 21's. I've been putting off getting this thing, because the feedback has been mixed as far as making much difference. Would really love for the ride to be a bit softer.
BigCarrot (09-29-2024)
Old 09-20-2024 | 04:35 PM
FIR3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Stark7x
I'm curious as well if you'll feel any difference. I switched from HR's to Eibach because HR's were just too rough... especially with 21's. I've been putting off getting this thing, because the feedback has been mixed as far as making much difference. Would really love for the ride to be a bit softer.
Just got back from test drive. It’s worth every penny. It was a piece of cake 5 min to install. No tools required. Plug-and-play. I left the cord hanging out and used a laptop with the DSC software to zero out the ride height.

The H&R springs were not well matched to the factory damper settings. Without the DSC controller, comfort mode was extremely bouncy to the point of being unsettling / borderline dangerous so I’d keep it in sport suspension but it was extremely jarring and rough.

After swapping for the DSC, both comfort and sport ride smoother than comfort did before the swap without any bounciness. There is also less body roll in the curves and car remains more level since it adjust each corner dynamically. Hitting a big dip in the road the car settles much quicker whereas before it would oscillate multiple times before stabilizing.

I think your only regret if you buy it would be not buying it sooner. I knew I wanted this for my Turbo S that I picked up back at the start of the summer.. it was the one mod my car didn’t have, but it was backordered until mid September. Just ordered it last Friday at TPC. Their page still says “backordered until mid September” but it shipped the same day.

Last edited by FIR3; 09-20-2024 at 05:36 PM.
Stark7x (09-23-2024)
Old 09-22-2024 | 12:30 PM
Tommy Zhang
Advanced

cars looking goooood. Congrats again!

Originally Posted by FIR3
I recently picked up the DSC V3 controller from TPC for my 991.2 Turbo S that came with H&R springs. I’m excited to see if this improves the harsh ride quality of the H&R springs. I want to use the out of the box program from TPC racing, but I want to make sure it is aware of the car’s lower ride height setting.

I watched a few YouTube videos on the zeroing out procedure. In the videos the installer usually chooses from one of a few different 991 profiles, does a “reset board” and then clicks “zero travel” in the settings tab. Just want to confirm a couple of things.

1) What is the appropriate profile for a 991.2 Turbo S?

2) Does selecting a 991 profile and “Reseting board” and or “zero travel” result in a different program being loaded other than the TPC program or does this just zero out the ride height of the included program? Hoping for the latter.

Thanks.

Pic to keep it interesting:
FIR3 (09-22-2024)

Quick Reply: DSC V3 Controller and H&R spring Setup