Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Road Spy

Price negotiations buying a CPO 991.2 Turbo S from a dealer

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2021, 04:14 PM
robininni
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Wow, thanks! You're the man! When the service guy did the walk around facetiming me he missed that!!!!

Last edited by robininni; 08-27-2021 at 06:30 PM.
Old 08-27-2021, 06:37 PM
wcarson
Rennlist Member

Received 128 Likes on 96 Posts

Wow- that rear bumper looks terrible to me. I couldn't live with that- it looks like there is a sizable area of paint missing below the license plate area and more defects up higher. The bumper will need to be re-sprayed. How could they not point that out? I get a few small rock chips here and there, but not this.
The following users liked this post:
Lance 4c (08-28-2021)
Old 08-27-2021, 07:10 PM
stealthzr1
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by robininni
Wow, thanks! You're the man! When the service guy did the walk around facetiming me he missed that!!!!
no problem bud. If you want full rez picture let me know. The site is killing the quality

Originally Posted by wcarson
Wow- that rear bumper looks terrible to me. I couldn't live with that- it looks like there is a sizable area of paint missing below the license plate area and more defects up higher. The bumper will need to be re-sprayed. How could they not point that out? I get a few small rock chips here and there, but not this.

there are 3 marks, one on top, one to the left and one to the bottom. The bottom is actually a small hole.

Last edited by stealthzr1; 08-27-2021 at 07:12 PM.
the_buch (08-29-2021)
Old 08-27-2021, 07:11 PM
Pb Pedis
Rennlist Member

Received 1,023 Likes on 643 Posts

Originally Posted by stealthzr1
I had to go back to dealer today since tech forgot my valve stem caps when I had tires replace. I saw the car outside so just did a quick look while here. Car could use a good cleaning as the road in front of dealer is being replaced so it’s pretty dusty, it also has some polishing compound that needs to be cleaned up. Also had a little damage to rear bumper, the rest of car doesn’t look bad, it does have clear bra on the front.

The price just went down to $125K.
Lance 4c (08-28-2021)
Old 08-27-2021, 07:44 PM
robininni
Advanced

I passed along the 'findings' to the salesman. They apparently weren't aware and it is going to the body shop for this 'minor' work. Missing something like this makes me wonder if the overall condition is as pristine as I was told.

Last edited by robininni; 08-27-2021 at 09:26 PM.
abiazis (08-28-2021)
Old 08-27-2021, 09:31 PM
Pb Pedis
Rennlist Member

Received 1,023 Likes on 643 Posts
Default Wow….

I passed along the 'findings' to the salesman. They apparently weren't aware and it is going to the body shop for this 'minor' work. Missing something like this makes me wonder if the overall condition is as pristine as I was told.
They weren’t aware…. of holes ….in the bumper…. where the license plate that says CPO was mounted by someone from the dealer. I wonder how that car passed the CPO inspection? Did salesman send you the report?
Lance 4c (08-28-2021)
Old 08-27-2021, 09:37 PM
robininni
Advanced

Originally Posted by Pb Pedis
They weren’t aware…. of holes ….in the bumper…. where the license plate that says CPO was mounted by someone from the dealer. I wonder how that car passed the CPO inspection? Did salesman send you the report?
No CPO report but I got all service records to look at. It does seem amazing to miss this. Otherwise, the car sounded stellar. I’m just very appreciative to the rennlister who took time out of his day to discover this, photograph it, and post it. That was above and beyond. I keep thinking… what if I had bought this and it arrived like that? Anyway, I have decided to pass on this one although I’m sure they’ll fix this nicely.
The following 2 users liked this post by robininni:
IrwinMFletcher (08-29-2021), the_buch (08-29-2021)
Old 08-27-2021, 10:11 PM
stealthzr1
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 15 Posts

the car overall looked good just needed to be cleaned. i didnt get to look at the interior or under the car. honestly the bumper damage looked like it may have happened from the dealer. it looked fresh. they had 3 turbo's pulled up so close to a curb.
Old 08-27-2021, 10:49 PM
CodyzWorld
Burning Brakes

Received 384 Likes on 250 Posts

Originally Posted by stealthzr1
I had to go back to dealer today since tech forgot my valve stem caps when I had tires replace. I saw the car outside so just did a quick look while here. Car could use a good cleaning as the road in front of dealer is being replaced so it’s pretty dusty, it also has some polishing compound that needs to be cleaned up. Also had a little damage to rear bumper, the rest of car doesn’t look bad, it does have clear bra on the front.

Wow, what a great person you are to have visited the place and looked at the car.

Thumbs way up to you Sir. People like you in these forums really add value.
OP - you need to visit the car yourself, even with a PPI inspection. it's needed. believe me.
21forever (08-29-2021)
Old 08-28-2021, 03:19 PM
.2PDK
Drifting

Received 1,207 Likes on 728 Posts

Big Swole (08-28-2021)
Old 08-29-2021, 03:27 PM
pfbz
Rennlist Member

Received 2,739 Likes on 1,472 Posts

...The service guy said there is nothing due except an oil change in 10,000 miles/1 year...
Unless I'm missing something I don't see that they replaced the PDCC reservoir or changed all wheel drive controller oil
Porsche CPO requires the dealership to bring the car current on all service, both for mileage and time. If the PDCC res is due, it must get done.

Porsche dealers often advertise a car as "CPO", but don't actually go through the CPO process right away or sometimes not even until they have a buyer...

Here is a sample CPO checklist, see if your dealer can provide this to you if you are really interested in the car...
Attached Images
File Type: pdf
sample CPO porsche.pdf (257.3 KB, 51 views)

Last edited by pfbz; 08-29-2021 at 03:36 PM.
Old 08-29-2021, 03:34 PM
robininni
Advanced

Thanks, and wow, that CPO report is detailed. Yeah, nothing like that was offered, just service invoices. But I decided I'm not interested any more with that rear bumper gash being missed by the dealer multiple times by multiple people. I went back and looked at the pics from the website and it's right there in the pics too, although you might not know what you are looking at and gloss over it easily with the resolution available. But anyway, that damage didn't just happen, it's been like this and somehow no one there noticed...
Old 08-29-2021, 03:44 PM
pfbz
Rennlist Member

Received 2,739 Likes on 1,472 Posts

Thanks, and wow, that CPO report is detailed. Yeah, nothing like that was offered, just service invoices. But I decided I'm not interested any more with that rear bumper gash being missed by the dealer multiple times by multiple people. I went back and looked at the pics from the website and it's right there in the pics too, although you might not know what you are looking at and gloss over it easily with the resolution available. But anyway, that damage didn't just happen, it's been like this and somehow no one there noticed...
I wouldn't necessarily write off the car from consideration just because of some minor rear bumper skin damage. Yes, it's frustrating that dealer staff isn't always as discerning as they should be, but in my experience that is the norm rather than the exception.

The car will be gone over much more carefully during the CPO process, just insist on seeing and approving the documentation before finalizing the sale. I'm guessing the paperwork hasn't been given to you yet because it hasn't actually gone through the CPO process yet.

As long as there is either an appropriate price adjustment for the rear bumper skin repair (it's a pretty easy job) and no carfax entry (or a significantly bigger adjustment), it might be a fantastic car. The build certainly looks nice...

One of my buddies has a nearly identical car... 991.2 Turbo S, Sapphire Blue, Aerokit with black trim, etc. and it is absolutely stunning in person (and of course extremely quick...)

Last edited by pfbz; 08-29-2021 at 03:50 PM.
Old 08-29-2021, 06:31 PM
chance6
Race Car

Received 1,484 Likes on 954 Posts

too many miles and rear bumper dmg? omg pass
Old 08-29-2021, 08:34 PM
Big Swole
Rennlist Member

Received 2,029 Likes on 1,275 Posts

Originally Posted by chance6
too many milesFOR THE PRICE, Otherwise these things are bullet proof and reliable, and rear bumper dmg? omg pass

Fixed it for ya.
Pb Pedis (08-30-2021)

Quick Reply: Price negotiations buying a CPO 991.2 Turbo S from a dealer