Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Road Spy

Oversteer in street driving

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2021, 01:22 PM
pfbz
Rennlist Member

Received 2,727 Likes on 1,465 Posts

Agree with most of the comments above...

991.1 (and 991.2) Turbo S definitely lean towards push (understeer) as delivered from the factory. It can be dialed out with tire pressures, using the DCT Sport suspension controller, and alignment.

If your stockish Turbo is leaning towards oversteer, i'd guess your rear P Zeros (which suck even when new) are gone or there is something funky in your alignment.

MPS4S or Cup 2's seem to be the best setup for our cars for spirited street driving.

do you think I could get away with just changing the rears first off or should I do all four as a matter of course !
If your changing tire brand/model, especially going to Cup 2's, absolutely do all four. Fresh Cup 2's in the rear and crappy worn P Zero's up front would be an abysmal combination..

If you're staying the same, just new rears are acceptable. I typically go through two sets of rears for every set of fronts on on my 996 Turbo, haven't burned through the the replacement MPS4S's on the 991 yet.

Last edited by pfbz; 07-14-2021 at 01:27 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Mercuriell (07-14-2021)
Old 07-14-2021, 02:58 PM
Mike Murphy
Rennlist Member

Received 1,589 Likes on 993 Posts

Originally Posted by pfbz;[url=tel:17549372
17549372[/url]]Agree with most of the comments above...

991.1 (and 991.2) Turbo S definitely lean towards push (understeer) as delivered from the factory. It can be dialed out with tire pressures, using the DCT Sport suspension controller, and alignment.

If your stockish Turbo is leaning towards oversteer, i'd guess your rear P Zeros (which suck even when new) are gone or there is something funky in your alignment.

MPS4S or Cup 2's seem to be the best setup for our cars for spirited street driving.

If your changing tire brand/model, especially going to Cup 2's, absolutely do all four. Fresh Cup 2's in the rear and crappy worn P Zero's up front would be an abysmal combination..

If you're staying the same, just new rears are acceptable. I typically go through two sets of rears for every set of fronts on on my 996 Turbo, haven't burned through the the replacement MPS4S's on the 991 yet.
+1

Quick Reply: Oversteer in street driving