Sponsored by: Road Spy

991.1 - Guards Red Turbo S with Centerlock Wheels

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2021, 08:38 AM
991TurboTim
Rennlist Member

Received 51 Likes on 41 Posts
Default 991.1 - Guards Red Turbo S with Centerlock Wheels

Hey there. New member and currently own a 958 CTT. On the hunt for a 991.1. I am not picky as long as it is Guards Red Turbo S with Centerlock wheels with Black Interior. Other option is white.
Willing to pay a reasonable price.
Please let me know if anyone is interested in selling.
Thank you very much,
Tim

Old 03-11-2021, 03:42 PM
arkadyzv
Rennlist Member

Received 105 Likes on 79 Posts

Good luck, took me 6 months to find mine. Most guards red are on tan. And they all seemed to be 14-15s. Look at the turbo also mine is 14 turbo with all the turbo s options, and ceramics. Some of the earlier turbo cars were optioned weird and had a lot of options. www.autotempest.com and I checked every single day and on manheim.
The following users liked this post:
991TurboTim (03-11-2021)
Old 03-11-2021, 05:53 PM
.2PDK
Drifting

Received 1,206 Likes on 727 Posts

Took me over a year but got very lucky when a very similar spec to what I wanted came up close to me...
991TurboTim (03-11-2021)
Old 03-12-2021, 08:43 AM
991TurboTim
Rennlist Member

Thanks for the response and tip on autotempest. Never seen that before.

There is another post on colors of 991.2 TTS's. Guards and Carmine were about 2% each of the total production color #'s. I am looking for a needle in the haystack.

Your car must have been the red one (the other one was white) n the post on 6-speed online? It might be in here too for all I know. Good gravy are those #'s impressive.
Old 03-12-2021, 04:38 PM
arkadyzv
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 991TurboTim
Thanks for the response and tip on autotempest. Never seen that before.

There is another post on colors of 991.2 TTS's. Guards and Carmine were about 2% each of the total production color #'s. I am looking for a needle in the haystack.

Your car must have been the red one (the other one was white) n the post on 6-speed online? It might be in here too for all I know. Good gravy are those #'s impressive.
Yes it was, thanks ,good luck with the search. Once you load the search into autotempest. You can sort by new listing the following day, so you only have to review what was listed recently saves a lot of time checking each site and ebay. I found mine on manheim, might make sense to reach out to any of your local dealers and tell them that if they see a guard red 991 that you're interested.

Last edited by arkadyzv; 03-12-2021 at 04:44 PM.
Momentum Worx (03-23-2021)
Old 03-13-2021, 06:43 PM
DJ23
Rennlist Member

Received 85 Likes on 62 Posts

Nice looking car. Didn't realize my car was such a rare breed. Turbo Tim good luck with the search. Keep us posted and post pics when you find that "one".

Jay
Old 03-18-2021, 01:04 PM
991TurboTim
Rennlist Member

Thanks for the words, pics, and everything in this thread. Someone mentioned that most of the Guards Red TTS' had tan interior. One popped-up in Michigan recently and it had - you guessed it - tan interior. Car is close but doesn't hit the mark - 39K miles, all black centerlocks, tan interior, and priced a bit high. Where is the source of your information for the interior color?
Old 03-18-2021, 10:32 PM
rck329
Advanced

Received 26 Likes on 13 Posts

I bought one in mid-December - searched pretty hard for about 6 months (but I also changed specs/models a few times along the way). My goto list was this:

pcarmarket
carfax (nice for finding CPO's - seemed at times to have ones not on the Porsche site)
bringatrailer
cars
autotrader
porsche CPO
rennlist
autolist
carsforsale
edmunds

Obviously, a lot of overlapping with ads between these, but you'd also be surprised how many times a car was listed on only one of the sites.

Good luck!
Old 03-19-2021, 09:35 AM
Keching
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by arkadyzv
Yes it was, thanks ,good luck with the search. Once you load the search into autotempest. You can sort by new listing the following day, so you only have to review what was listed recently saves a lot of time checking each site and ebay. I found mine on manheim, might make sense to reach out to any of your local dealers and tell them that if they see a guard red 991 that you're interested.

im also in the market for one, don’t you need a dealer license to look and buy on manheim?
Old 03-19-2021, 09:37 PM
rck329
Advanced

Received 26 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Keching
im also in the market for one, don’t you need a dealer license to look and buy on manheim?
You do, but dealers can pull them up for you. I also have a buddy with a license that lets me browse his account. I will say it is slim pickens on Manheim - basically a bunch of classified ads - not a lot of cars running though Simulcast. It's a hot market - people have extra cash from having vacations and other activities canceled due to Covid. It's not driving up price terribly, but it is driving turnover. Cars don't last long on lots.
Old 03-23-2021, 03:05 PM
arkadyzv
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 991TurboTim
Thanks for the words, pics, and everything in this thread. Someone mentioned that most of the Guards Red TTS' had tan interior. One popped-up in Michigan recently and it had - you guessed it - tan interior. Car is close but doesn't hit the mark - 39K miles, all black centerlocks, tan interior, and priced a bit high. Where is the source of your information for the interior color?
Just personal experience, every time I'd get excited to find a guards red car 8 times out of 10 it would have tan interior. And those cars sat for sale for a while too.

Originally Posted by rck329
You do, but dealers can pull them up for you. I also have a buddy with a license that lets me browse his account. I will say it is slim pickens on Manheim - basically a bunch of classified ads - not a lot of cars running though Simulcast. It's a hot market - people have extra cash from having vacations and other activities canceled due to Covid. It's not driving up price terribly, but it is driving turnover. Cars don't last long on lots.
Yeah I have a buddy that lets me use his account, I basically looked every day, he said new inventory goes up on monday and tuesday. I found mine was listed on Wednesday and in line the following day on Thursday. Yeah prices now are crazy, just looking at NADA, vs asking prices, its 10-20k over NADA.

Quick Reply: 991.1 - Guards Red Turbo S with Centerlock Wheels