Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Road Spy

M1 Motec PNP Available Now 911 Turbo!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2021, 03:28 PM
Cicio Performance
Former Vendor

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default M1 Motec PNP Available Now 911 Turbo!!!

We are very excited to announce the release of the Porsche 991 Turbo and Turbo S Plug & Play Motec M1 !!!!

We have been working with Motec USA for almost a year to develop a Firmware package and adaptor box for the 2014+ 991 Turbo and Turbo S models of the Porsche 911. This package gives the user full control of all the typical functions you would expect from a motorsport ECU. Items like advanced traction control, torque limiting, RPM limits based on wheel speeds, map switching and much more is all standard on the new Porsche Firmware package.

Advanced features include:

-Port Injection Control
-Flex Fuel Capabilities
-Map Switching based on Vehicle mode
-Additional inputs for items like coolant pressure, EGT or other safety sensors
-All mounting hardware for factory like fitment included
-All essential Porsche Original Equipment (OE) functions are maintained

We also offer an optional calibration to be loaded and shipped with your Porsche M1. The unit ships from Motec with a file that will do no more than start the vehicle in OE configuration. The calibration will need to be built out from scratch otherwise. If you are an individual looking for tuning solutions or a shop wanting a head start to save you hours and hours of setup we are here to help! We have spent months on our in house development cars both at the drag strip and road course constructing calibration files.

Included in our cal file:

-Fully Unlocked Calibration
-Launch Control Strategy
-Traction Control Strategy
-Port Injection Setup
-Clutch Torque Translation Buildout
-Knock Control Filters
-Base Timing Tables
-Base Fuel Tables
-Methanol Trigger Options
-Methanol Ramp and Delay
-Multiple Safetys / Limits setup with current parameters and delays
-Clutch Slip Control
-Shift Cut Strategy Programed
-Unlimited Adjustablity
-Unlimited Customer Support

*If you have any questions whatsoever you can email us at porschetuning@cicioperformance.com and expect a close to immediate reply.

*Wholesale pricing available! Inquires are welcome

Cicio Performance Porsche M1 Online Store

Name:  JVKanXS.jpg
Views: 206
Size:  67.2 KB

The following users liked this post:
fel1979 (01-31-2023)
Old 01-28-2021, 03:58 AM
Jean
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 176 Likes on 106 Posts

This is interesting, is it 100% plug and play by disconnecting factory ECU and plugging the M1, any wiring harness modifications needed other than for the optional sensors?

Do you already have a 991 running the M1 and can you share details/video.. Since this is being sold to the final customer directly, do you provide Porsche specific online training classes for the tuning or some kind of support.

Finally is this available for the GT2RS?
Old 01-28-2021, 05:20 AM
BMS
Former Vendor

Received 259 Likes on 198 Posts

Who is tuning the Motec?

-Payam
Old 01-28-2021, 08:34 AM
Cicio Performance
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Jean
This is interesting, is it 100% plug and play by disconnecting factory ECU and plugging the M1, any wiring harness modifications needed other than for the optional sensors?

Do you already have a 991 running the M1 and can you share details/video.. Since this is being sold to the final customer directly, do you provide Porsche specific online training classes for the tuning or some kind of support.

Finally is this available for the GT2RS?
All great questions. Yes sir it is 100% PNP. If you want to wire sensors that the car doesn't come with factory such as coolant pressure or additional temp sensors then yes auxiliary breakout harnesses have to be built by the installer and that sensor installed. However every single factory sensor reads as does every stock module all over the CAN bus.

We have both a 991.1 and a 991.2 running on the Motec. My personal car is a 991.2 that makes just over 1000hp on stock engine running the M1. We have been developing our calibration on that car for just over two months all while giving feedback to Motec to final tweak some small additions to the firmware that we wanted. I don't have a video per say of anything super Motec specific but I do have some video of it drag racing from this past weekend that we are going to put together this week. The car was also on the show "Sorted or Not" with Tanner Foust who drove it at Homestead with the Motec on it. I drive the car back and forth to work 3 days a week, it absolutely runs better than the stock ECU with the power.

As for training, we do not provide training to the end user but we do provide tuning with unlimited support. Unfortunately I don't have to band width to teach end users the tuning process but I most certainly give them documentation on how the map switching works, how the install works as well as simple things about pulling logs and checking small items that they might want to see on the M1. Otherwise myself personally and my tuner are always available for support.

The GT2RS will come with the final release of the .2 box which will be in about 2-3 months. Currently the .2 box is only available to shops given that the mounting hardware is not finalized yet by Motec Austrailia.

I hope that answered all your questions, please please feel free to ask as many as you like.
Old 01-28-2021, 08:36 AM
Cicio Performance
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by BMS
Who is tuning the Motec?

-Payam
Morning,

Currently the only people who have tuned the Motec on the 991 is us here at Cicio Performance. However that is going to change very very quickly as tons of large shops in the industry have ordered these boxes for either their personal cars, or customer project cars. Mark my words the Motec for the 991 will change the game when it comes to upgraded 991 Turbos. We offer calibration files both to dealers and to individuals. With the individual we walk all the way through and tune the car and with the dealer they have the option for us to tune it or for us to just provide customer support.

Old 01-28-2021, 11:24 AM
2fcknfst
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 4,191 Likes on 3,170 Posts

Wow, the temptation...

I follow a guy on the 996 turbo forum who uses a MOTEC/Cobb assembly and he currently is making some seriously reliable power on a 4.0l build - very cool system, reminds me of the good ole days...
Old 01-28-2021, 11:26 AM
Ttz06vette
Rennlist Member

Received 235 Likes on 161 Posts

How does the motec compare to the Sysecs engine management system that AIM and others use?
Old 01-28-2021, 11:47 AM
vrybad
Rennlist Member

Received 447 Likes on 338 Posts

IMO, Motec is seriously good stuff, at least their older offerings, though I am not familiar with this particular system.
Old 01-28-2021, 01:35 PM
Cicio Performance
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by 2fcknfst
Wow, the temptation...

I follow a guy on the 996 turbo forum who uses a MOTEC/Cobb assembly and he currently is making some seriously reliable power on a 4.0l build - very cool system, reminds me of the good ole days...
Absolutely! There are a few that are retrofitted to the 996 and 997 platform but there has never been a true PNP solution from Motec....until now on the 991! Super exciting stuff.

Originally Posted by Ttz06vette
How does the motec compare to the Sysecs engine management system that AIM and others use?
This is a hard question to answer without throwing anything under the bus. We have used Syvecs on the 911 as well for a couple years. The Motec system is simply in my opinion a more reliable, better system with more capability and higher quality. It also carries a higher price tag though so that is to be considered. Nothing against the Syvecs guys, they have helped us in the past and I'm sure we will work with them again when needed or on other platforms. However at the end of the day when a Motec is available for any platform it simply takes the platform to the next level! A good example is the R8/Huracan world, once Motec came out with PNP the industry grow 10x at least! You could reach out directly with the AIM guys on the subject as well, I would bet they have some good insight. They are good friends of mine.

Originally Posted by vrybad
IMO, Motec is seriously good stuff, at least their older offerings, though I am not familiar with this particular system.
Agreed! Motec is simply the gold standard of aftermarket ECU control. There is very little data in the world to even try to combat that.

Thanks for the great questions guys!
fel1979 (01-31-2023)
Old 01-28-2021, 03:12 PM
miky360
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

We're finally about to tread into TT Lambo territory with the M1
Cicio Performance (01-28-2021)
Old 01-28-2021, 03:37 PM
Staff@WORLD
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 220 Likes on 130 Posts

Great job. I'm so glad this unit is finally available. There are going to be some great project cars built using this ECU I'm sure.

Thank you Cicio.
- Akrapovic - BMC - TechArt - H&R - By Design - AMS - CSF - Kline - NGK - TiLugs - HRE - M Engineering - ID Injectors -
FULL SERVICE INSTALLATION FACILITY - STATE OF THE ART WIND TUNNEL DYNO - ECU TUNING
WORLD-MOTORSPORTS.COM
Old 01-28-2021, 03:42 PM
Cicio Performance
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Staff@WORLD
Great job. I'm so glad this unit is finally available. There are going to be some great project cars built using this ECU I'm sure.

Thank you Cicio.

Thank you sir! I'm so excited!!! Can you tell? LOL
Old 01-28-2021, 03:44 PM
Staff@WORLD
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 220 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by Cicio Performance
Thank you sir! I'm so excited!!! Can you tell? LOL
I'm pretty sure we all are.
Old 01-28-2021, 04:47 PM
Jean
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 176 Likes on 106 Posts

Thanks for the answers, definitely might consider for the GT2RS once they’re available
Cicio Performance (01-28-2021)
Old 01-28-2021, 09:04 PM
BMS
Former Vendor

Received 259 Likes on 198 Posts

Will take time to gain traction, but Motec is fantastic without a doubt. I would have gone with this if my car wasn't already setup for Syvecs.

-Payam

Quick Reply: M1 Motec PNP Available Now 911 Turbo!!!