Notices
991 Turbo 2012-2019 Turbo and Turbo S
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Road Spy

DIY for Coil Spring Install, porsche turbo?

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2020 | 12:01 PM
cosmo1
Pro

Default DIY for Coil Spring Install, porsche turbo?

I was able to do my 17 Carrera with no problems but my new 17 turbo s is a bit different. Anyone have a link to a DIY for this install? I do have the Lift System ..
Old 04-11-2021 | 02:57 PM
Keching
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by cosmo1
I was able to do my 17 Carrera with no problems but my new 17 turbo s is a bit different. Anyone have a link to a DIY for this install? I do have the Lift System ..
did you ever complete the install?
Old 04-11-2021 | 07:00 PM
cosmo1
Pro

Yes, after doing a bit of research the install was pretty easy and straight forward. I went with the eibach springs this time because it only lowered the car 3/4" Front and 1/2" on the rear and the ride is perfect imo.
Old 04-12-2021 | 09:57 AM
Keching
Rennlist Member

Yes, after doing a bit of research the install was pretty easy and straight forward. I went with the eibach springs this time because it only lowered the car 3/4" Front and 1/2" on the rear and the ride is perfect imo.
did you follow the zip tie method? Surprised that you don’t need a spring compressor. I have my TT incoming and thinking about tackling this myself. Can’t decide on which springs lol.
Old 04-12-2021 | 06:13 PM
cosmo1
Pro

I did on the first side on on the second side I did not because you can do the job without compressing the coil springs..

Originally Posted by Keching
did you follow the zip tie method? Surprised that you don’t need a spring compressor. I have my TT incoming and thinking about tackling this myself. Can’t decide on which springs lol.
Old 04-12-2021 | 07:07 PM
Keching
Rennlist Member

I did on the first side on on the second side I did not because you can do the job without compressing the coil springs..
nice, looking forward to getting this done myself too. Right now it's just deciding on which springs to go with, how do you like your Eibach springs? What made you choose Eibach over others? Do you think the drop is enough?
Old 04-12-2021 | 07:39 PM
cosmo1
Pro

I believe the drop perfect imo and not slammed. I originally purchased the Techarts but it looked slammed and it rode really rough so I sold them dirt cheap. Decided to try the Eibachs because the drop was mild and surprisingly it worked out perfectly for me but to each his own..
Old 04-12-2021 | 07:55 PM
CodyzWorld
Burning Brakes

can you kindly post some photos of your lowered car? Thanks in advance.
Old 04-12-2021 | 08:08 PM
cosmo1
Pro

I would but I recently had my utube account hacked and not long ago I had an item for sale on rennlist and I gave this potential buyer my name and phone number and he called me asking me questions about my kids and some computer game and then proceeded with text messages. I'm kind of freaked out a bit not knowing what is going on and being very careful with everything I do online because I do not know what other personal info these scammers already have and up too. I did report it and had them trace the number to Galt, CA.. Be careful if you post anything online and do not post any personal information.

Originally Posted by CodyzWorld
can you kindly post some photos of your lowered car? Thanks in advance.
Old 04-12-2021 | 08:37 PM
911dude41
Drifting

I would but I recently had my utube account hacked and not long ago I had an item for sale on rennlist and I gave this potential buyer my name and phone number and he called me asking me questions about my kids and some computer game and then proceeded with text messages. I'm kind of freaked out a bit not knowing what is going on and being very careful with everything I do online because I do not know what other personal info these scammers already have and up too. I did report it and had them trace the number to Galt, CA.. Be careful if you post anything online and do not post any personal information.
Sorry that happened to you, but don't feel too sketched out. It's either some punk kid or some schmuck in India hiding behind a computer.

One day when you're comfortable, share pics. I'd love to see the ride height as I too (from pics and reading) am not a fan of any of the spring options. I actually love the factory ride height.
Old 04-12-2021 | 10:31 PM
454Rex
Rennlist Member

Here's a few pics of mine on Eibach Springs, did mine last month. Nice subtle drop and rides great.

Tough to see actual wheel gap in pics on a black car, but It's definitely a tighter gap than stock.

The following users liked this post:
cosmo1 (04-12-2021)
Old 04-12-2021 | 11:06 PM
911dude41
Drifting

Looks great Rex, what's your take on the rake? I think I'm set on Eibach's now. Any lower and it takes away from the daily drivability IMO.
The following users liked this post:
cosmo1 (04-12-2021)
Old 04-12-2021 | 11:35 PM
454Rex
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 911dude41
Looks great Rex, what's your take on the rake? I think I'm set on Eibach's now. Any lower and it takes away from the daily drivability IMO.
Thanks, I think the rake is minimal and looks right. In person there doesn't seem to be an obvious rake that looks out of place. The trick is to lower the rear spring perch down to the lowest setting, should just be one notch below the factory setting. I'm not sure a lot of people take this step during the install, which would probably cause a little too much rake (in my opinion).

Driveability at this ride height is great, haven't experienced any issues. To me it's just right.

​​​​​
Old 04-13-2021 | 01:22 PM
cosmo1
Pro

Have had mine on now for about 2 months now with no issues. It probably wouldn’t be a bad idea to take it in for an alignment since it should be settled enough by now..

Originally Posted by 454Rex
Thanks, I think the rake is minimal and looks right. In person there doesn't seem to be an obvious rake that looks out of place. The trick is to lower the rear

spring perch down to the lowest setting, should just be one notch below the factory setting. I'm not sure a lot of people take this step during the install, which would probably cause a little too much rake (in my opinion).

Driveability at this ride height is great, haven't experienced any issues. To me it's just right.

​​​​​

Quick Reply: DIY for Coil Spring Install, porsche turbo?