Sponsored by: Road Spy

‘19 Turbo S HP

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2020, 08:39 PM
Steven_H
Pro

Received 87 Likes on 39 Posts
Default ‘19 Turbo S HP

I read somewhere (probably here) that the late 2019 Turbo S actually has the same HP as the Exclusive Series Turbo S - 610 - even though the factory lists the HP as 580. I am sure there is a thread on this. If someone knows more, or could direct me to the thread, i’d be most grateful.
Old 01-20-2020, 08:53 PM
Redlinerobert
Pro

Received 165 Likes on 119 Posts

Hi Steve,

I don't remember the thread but you are correct from what I've gathered as well.

Is this the same Steve H I know from Beverly Hills?
Old 01-20-2020, 08:56 PM
Steven_H
Pro

I am there occasionally, but more often in New York or Palm Springs
Old 01-21-2020, 08:35 AM
hcvone
Rennlist Member

Received 805 Likes on 499 Posts

Actually all the ones I have seen are slightly underrated, most show above 600 adjusted hp, seen several running 93 octane at close to 625 hp adjuusted, and higher when running 100 octane without any programming changes. We are doing an octane test with my ZR1 on the dyno now
Old 01-23-2020, 12:25 PM
Steven_H
Pro

According to my dealer, the only difference between the engine in an Exclusive Edition Turbo S and a ‘standard’ 2019 Turbo S is the programming of the ECU to run slightly higher boost. The Turbochargers themselves are the same. I wonder if it is possible to re-program the ECU in the regular Turbo S without screwing up the warranty.
Old 01-23-2020, 12:41 PM
onfireTTS
Rennlist Member

Received 1,130 Likes on 869 Posts

Originally Posted by Steven_H
According to my dealer, the only difference between the engine in an Exclusive Edition Turbo S and a ‘standard’ 2019 Turbo S is the programming of the ECU to run slightly higher boost. The Turbochargers themselves are the same. I wonder if it is possible to re-program the ECU in the regular Turbo S without screwing up the warranty.
A Factory program by a dealer is impossible due to vin verification.

The history of reliability is so strong for these engines and the Cobb tune, I went with @SamboTT@ByDesign He has years of programming this platform without issues. The best part is part throttle drivability is pure stock. WOT power on the dyno graph is above the GT2RS. Best of all worlds. Dropped my 60 to 130mph from 7.4 seconds to 6.3 seconds so the real world power matches the dyno. So easy to do, plug it in, hit program and 15 minutes your finished. Go to the dealer for an oil change, just unload it it back into the programmer ..
Old 01-23-2020, 03:46 PM
BMS
Former Vendor

Received 259 Likes on 198 Posts

Sounds like you need a JB4

-Payam
Old 01-23-2020, 04:33 PM
rodsky
Rennlist Member

Received 870 Likes on 594 Posts

i personally dont believe that a 19 TTS has the "exclusive" ECU "tune". But if this was the case. you could just get an ECU from/for an Exclusive and simply put it in a TTS and voila - 30 extra HP.

Does the ECU from a 19 TTS have a different part # than an ECU from an Exclusive?
Old 01-25-2020, 04:33 PM
Jim991
Burning Brakes

Received 183 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by onfireTTS
A Factory program by a dealer is impossible due to vin verification.

The history of reliability is so strong for these engines and the Cobb tune, I went with @SamboTT@ByDesign He has years of programming this platform without issues. The best part is part throttle drivability is pure stock. WOT power on the dyno graph is above the GT2RS. Best of all worlds. Dropped my 60 to 130mph from 7.4 seconds to 6.3 seconds so the real world power matches the dyno. So easy to do, plug it in, hit program and 15 minutes your finished. Go to the dealer for an oil change, just unload it it back into the programmer ..
This reminds me of all the anti tune arguments from the lady boys that are afraid that adding some HP will reduce reliability. My car came stock at 520 HP. With the Cobb 93 Stage 2 by Sam I would guess that I am in the 580 range. Maybe more. The same engine Porsche is putting in the new TT S is 620 hp with the main change being bigger turbos, injectors and a more aggressive tune. Looks like I have a some room to grow the HP with no worries.
The following users liked this post:
usrodeo4 (01-28-2020)

Quick Reply: ‘19 Turbo S HP