Sponsored by: Road Spy

Hydra Carrera question?

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2019, 12:48 PM
jsbihn
Rennlist Member

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts
Default Hydra Carrera question?

Ok, Ok. I know this isnt the Carrera (non-turbo) section, but I figured with the knowledge that I have seen this group has and the civility between us all... That maybe I can ask and get answered this question.
So, I am new to P-cars and I have a turbo (obviously since all my posts are in this forum :-) ).... but recently I have learned that Porsche is turbo'ing everything. They are mad I tell you :-P
Ok, all jokes aside, I am currently finishing up my turbo... not many mods since I am a CPO and I really dont want to void anything out.
But, I had a guy tell me that he has a Carrera that will walk all over any turbo.
Alright, it is possible... I dont know... but I am curious to what you guys think.
I have read some of you moved from Carreras with turbos to the Turbo (with turbos :-P ) and thought maybe you would know

The car is a 991.2 Carrera that has a full exhaust, different turbos (i dont know if they are bigger turbos or just reworked stock ones.... its possible they are reworked stockers because he said at one point that the turbos were now about the size of stock 991 turbo turbos now), and probably a custom tune from Hydra...
it may also have intercoolers and intake

What do you think the hp is running on this car?
I know the displacement is less.... something like 3.0 versus our 3.8
I know the turbo size stock is smaller (so I have been told)

what do you think this car will be like against a 991 turbo?
Thanks
Old 07-15-2019, 01:08 PM
Jim M.
Rennlist Member

Received 796 Likes on 421 Posts

Your comparing apples to oranges. Sure you can take a 991.2 and modify it to make more power. Now take a 991.1 or a 991.2 Turbo or Turbo S and do the same mods ad I can promise the modded Carrera will not keep up.
Old 07-15-2019, 08:14 PM
jsbihn
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Jim M.
Your comparing apples to oranges. Sure you can take a 991.2 and modify it to make more power. Now take a 991.1 or a 991.2 Turbo or Turbo S and do the same mods ad I can promise the modded Carrera will not keep up.
Jim, Thanks for the info.
The thing is, I was actually asking what kind of power could a Carrera put out.
Not so much the same mods turbo versus carrera... that would I could pretty much assume would be like you said because of the bigger displacement and turbos, but what I was curious about was a Carreras potential in regards to those mentioned mods... or what the Hydra can pull out of the carrera
any idea?
Old 07-15-2019, 11:15 PM
Jim M.
Rennlist Member

Received 796 Likes on 421 Posts

I've read of Carreras putting out over 500 HP at the wheels with lots of mods. But that doesn't make it a better "all around" car like the Turbos.
Old 07-16-2019, 09:54 AM
jsbihn
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Jim M.
I've read of Carreras putting out over 500 HP at the wheels with lots of mods. But that doesn't make it a better "all around" car like the Turbos.
Thats kind of what I heard... in the "power" dept.
And I completely agree, the turbo is a great all around car.

Its like all the comfort of the carrera with the sport and power of a gt2 :-P
Old 07-16-2019, 06:05 PM
chuckbdc
Race Car

Received 309 Likes on 184 Posts

Gee, just add nitro and boost and it will run away from a stock TT.... for a very little while. What's the point?
Old 07-17-2019, 11:50 PM
longboarder
Pro

Received 110 Likes on 61 Posts

It will never launch like the Turbo and Hydra who? If you said someone like ES Motors or GIAC tuned an upgraded turbo Carrera then ok maybe it could roll race beat a stock Turbo. But walk all over one? lmao
Old 07-18-2019, 12:24 PM
magitalian
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I had a hydra tune on my 2017 carrera s and am very happy.
Old 07-18-2019, 12:44 PM
Psorcery
Banned

Received 170 Likes on 126 Posts

Hahaha! I'm pretty sure I know who you're talking about. If it's the guy hes a crazy.

Sure he might be faster, but walk all over? No. Besides you're one simple flash away from walking all over his car.

My Carrera GTS which is tuned on stock turbo is slightly faster than a 991.2 TTS. It also launches just as good, but since its RWD not as consistent.

Quick Reply: Hydra Carrera question?