Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Road Spy

Most exotic 991 turbo exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2021, 06:53 PM
ottodawg
Rennlist Member

Received 319 Likes on 216 Posts

I have to admit, the more I read about exhausts, the more confused I get. Cat, catless, 100 cell, 200 cell, 70 mm, 76 mm, 64, mm, SS, Iconel, good lord... Stock's sounding better all the time.. 😁 That said the Kline always sounds the most "refined" to me, if that's such a thing..

Last edited by ottodawg; 02-12-2021 at 06:56 PM.
Old 02-12-2021, 06:53 PM
Ttz06vette
Rennlist Member

Received 227 Likes on 153 Posts

So cool. Never get tired of seeing the flames 🤤
Old 02-12-2021, 07:25 PM
Emeka
Instructor

Received 72 Likes on 50 Posts

I drooled watching the videos of the 76mm catless exhausts, they def sound exotic.

My top 2 exhaust sounds so far has been Kline and EP1. I said whichever I saw for sale first on the marketplace at a reasonable price was the one I'd purchase. Now I'm pending sale on an EP1 from a forum member. But rest assured, I def see a Kline unit installed on my vehicle sometime in the future.
Old 02-12-2021, 07:41 PM
SamboTT@ByDesign
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 961 Likes on 586 Posts

Ha ha yes Christian and Felix still poke fun at me to this day because we went from one system to four different variations. And each of those comes in either material and either catalytic set up. But that’s why we get on the phone with you for a full consultation. Find out what it is you need and we set you up appropriately with a full guarantee. I just didn’t want to sit on all those videos without sharing. If anyone is ever interested I have just as much ti share as far as the different variations. We’ve enjoyed a pretty amazing track record with getting the right system for the right client using our guarantee system. Being the worlds largest dealer and close friends with Kline makes you a part of the family.

Cheers

Proud TOP Porsche Distributor For:

Kline-Innovation - ams Performance - TiALSPORT/XONA - #1 COBB PRO TUNER - CSF - IPD Plenums - DO88 - dodsonmotorsport

310-600-1850 - sam@bydesignauto.com
Old 02-12-2021, 07:59 PM
cosmo1
Pro

Received 123 Likes on 78 Posts

Just ordered the 76/70mm...
Old 02-12-2021, 10:17 PM
SamboTT@ByDesign
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

76/70

Anyone feel free to reach out anytime!

The following 2 users liked this post by SamboTT@ByDesign:
cosmo1 (02-12-2021), HarlequinForest (02-14-2021)
Old 02-14-2021, 02:11 PM
Gixxerboy63
Racer

Received 141 Likes on 73 Posts

I like this sound;
....and the one below looks amazing!
Which appears to be a Kline (Inconel?) exhaust combined with headers and (100? 200?400? Cell cats)...

I realize that anything added or removed, will change the sound and performance.
My first desire is to have higher pitched sound.
I currently have Kline (Loud) Inconel with factory exhaust manifold (do not have headers) and without cats. The exhaust sounds good, but not as great as I expected...

I have questions:
What do I need to do to get there?

First goal is better sound
Should I...

- Add Inconel headers? (to get thinner, higher pitched sound?)
- Add cats? (to round out the sound and slightly muffle the edges?)
- does adding cats (100cell, 200cell) change the sound, but also increase backpressure for more torque?
Old 02-14-2021, 02:53 PM
vrybad
Rennlist Member

Received 435 Likes on 328 Posts

Originally Posted by Gixxerboy63
I like this sound;
https://youtu.be/8EB3zSVs8K0
....and the one below looks amazing!
Which appears to be a Kline (Inconel?) exhaust combined with headers and (100? 200?400? Cell cats)...

I realize that anything added or removed, will change the sound and performance.
My first desire is to have higher pitched sound.
I currently have Kline (Loud) Inconel with factory exhaust manifold (do not have headers) and without cats. The exhaust sounds good, but not as great as I expected...

I have questions:
What do I need to do to get there?

First goal is better sound
Should I...

- Add Inconel headers? (to get thinner, higher pitched sound?)
- Add cats? (to round out the sound and slightly muffle the edges?)
- does adding cats (100cell, 200cell) change the sound, but also increase backpressure for more torque?
Cats definitely have a somewhat negative effect on power output and at any rpm HP is decreased, torque is decreased, so adding cats is not a plus.
The only reason I would add cats to a setup would be to pass emissions and/or minimize exhaust odor.
Old 02-14-2021, 03:15 PM
SamboTT@ByDesign
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Hey Gix! Yeah the next move would be a set of equal length manifolds they really change the sound. Unfortunately we are dealing with some production delays with supply issues and everything. But I’d love to give you a special deal and have you do nothing but put on the manifolds and express your experience from just that change. Everyone has loved it. Takes it to the next level for sure.

adding catalytic‘s will make it a little quieter maybe take the edge off a little bit.
Old 02-14-2021, 04:56 PM
ottodawg
Rennlist Member

Received 319 Likes on 216 Posts

Originally Posted by SamboTT@ByDesign
Hey Gix! Yeah the next move would be a set of equal length manifolds they really change the sound. Unfortunately we are dealing with some production delays with supply issues and everything. But I’d love to give you a special deal and have you do nothing but put on the manifolds and express your experience from just that change. Everyone has loved it. Takes it to the next level for sure.

adding catalytic‘s will make it a little quieter maybe take the edge off a little bit.
So Sam, what's the lead time on the Kline stuff right now?
Old 02-14-2021, 05:04 PM
SamboTT@ByDesign
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Generally we always have a pretty full inventory. Currently however customer orders come first. It's around 12-14 weeks now but if we see shutdowns come to an end that will improve dramatically. Kline is geared up! I have some stuff I ordered a while ago trickling in though to help. Depends what you are looking for. Feel free to reach out.
Old 02-14-2021, 05:38 PM
cosmo1
Pro

Received 123 Likes on 78 Posts

Last edited by cosmo1; 02-15-2021 at 12:36 PM.
Old 02-15-2021, 07:27 AM
991.1NY
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Sam, interested in a cat less system. I will be reaching out soon!
Old 02-17-2021, 10:29 AM
Fabspeed Motorsport
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 687 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by flsupraguy
I love everything about the 991 turbo except the exhaust note.... I think perfection is the sound of a jcr race pipe on a 991gt variant. Anyhow, is there any exhaust out there that makes the turbo sound more "exotic"? I figure the closest I'm going to get is a full inconel catless kline system?
If you are looking for Exotic sound, consider this a Jungle Cat.
The most aggressive sounding exhaust solution for the Porsche 991 Turbo. Fabspeed's Supersport X-Pipe Exhaust System with choice of tips, Sport Headers, and Cat Bypass Pipes add significant power and a glorious sound.

Give your 991 Turbo the sound and power it deserves with Fabspeed's Supersport RACE Performance Package! Replaces the mundane and quiet factory exhaust sound with a throaty and aggressive performance exhaust note, allowing the car's true character to be heard and felt. Fabspeed's Supersport RACE Performance package adds a level of true excitement to the driving experience of the Porsche 991 Turbo by shortening the spool time of the turbos and providing quicker acceleration and improved throttle response. Cat Bypass Pipes eliminate the factory catalytic converters - offering a very aggressive tone and burbles and crackles on downshifts and during decel.

INCLUDES

Porsche 991 Turbo Supersport X-Pipe Exhaust

Porsche 991 Turbo Deluxe Quad-Style Tips -or- Deluxe GT2-Style Tips

Porsche 991 Turbo Cat Bypass Pipes

Porsche 991 Turbo Sport Headers

Porsche 991 Turbo BMC F1 Replacement Air Filter

Porsche 991 Turbo ExperTune Performance Software with Handheld Tuner

FEATURES
  • Fits all Porsche 991 Turbo / Turbo S vehicles (2013-2016)
  • Dramatic improvement in sports car sound and power throughout the RPM range; fantastic daily-driveable solution to the boring factory exhaust!
  • Includes Deluxe Quad-Style Tips in a polished chrome finish or polished GT2 Style Tips
  • Constructed from high-quality 14-16ga C.N.C. mandrel-bent T304L stainless steel for optimum flow and maximum durability
  • Simple bolt-on installation; no cutting or welding required
  • The Fabspeed ExperTune is developed in conjunction with our Performance Package hardware to unlock the most power and driveability
  • All Fabspeed performance products are backed by the Fabspeed Lifetime Warranty

The following users liked this post:
Hellcat707 (02-17-2021)
Old 02-21-2021, 06:42 PM
Need4S
Burning Brakes

Received 77 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by John D II
I currently have a Sharkwerks exhaust, and saw no need or desire to change it...until now. The sound of your exhaust is much smoother and exotic, especially at higher RPM where the SW gets a little "blatty" for lack of a better word. It seems that your crossover design is the key, and it has that in common with other more expensive exhausts with valve systems and apart from that feature, both yours and the SW are pipes in place of the stock muffler. IMHO, the OEM cats keep the noise level down enough and it's really about having that crossover for the sound quality.

In terms of loudness, is your 2.5 or 3.0 closer in noise level to the SW? I don't want it too quiet, and the SW is just about right, except for the sound quality.

I should add that one of the reasons for not going to other (more expensive) systems, is that I'm in California, and can't really do much other than replace the muffler downstream of the OEM cats. This, for me, rules out Akrapovic because I think you have to use their cats with their center section.

Last edited by Need4S; 02-21-2021 at 06:44 PM.

Quick Reply: Most exotic 991 turbo exhaust