Sponsored by: Road Spy

BMS JB4 911TS Dyno Testing

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2019, 08:27 PM
BMS
Former Vendor

Received 259 Likes on 198 Posts
Default BMS JB4 911TS Dyno Testing

Payam was able to trek down to Weistec today to use their all wheel drive dynojet for a little tuning on our 2014 911 Turbo S development car.

Mods are the BMS intake, BMS chargepipe, Exhaust, BMS CPI, and of course the JB4 for tuning. The ECU on this vehicle is 100% factory and never been reflashed.

Baseline testing was done on 91 octane with CPI disabled, and then Payam cranked it up by adding in some E40 fuel and turning on CPI. Frankly we're not sure what others are getting with the car but we've been pretty impressed with its performance for such mild mods. It ran 166mph at the last Shift Sector standing 1/2 mile.

Old 05-31-2019, 09:31 AM
onfireTTS
Drifting

Received 1,091 Likes on 842 Posts

Very impressive for the minimal mods on a 992.1

A 991.2 should show even higher incremental gains with the larger turbos.

Well done.
Old 05-31-2019, 03:03 PM
BMS
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by onfireTTS
Very impressive for the minimal mods on a 992.1

A 991.2 should show even higher incremental gains with the larger turbos.

Well done.
Definitely!! I'm hoping I can get the 991.2 on the dyno soon as well. So many things on my list, only one Payam
Old 06-01-2019, 01:15 AM
Adianaty
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice work. Why did you stop at E40 instead of a higher percentage of E?
Old 06-01-2019, 02:58 AM
vtknight
Racer

Received 37 Likes on 26 Posts

Is 477 awhp an average for 991.1 Turbo S's? Math says that is 561 HP with a 15% drive train loss. Most newer cars aren't that bad though - and are closer to 12%. Using the same math for your torque baseline and it is stating you make 616 lb ft.
Old 06-01-2019, 01:44 PM
BMS
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Adianaty
Limitations of how we're doing the tuning. E40 is about as much as we'll want to run this way without reflashing the ECU and it happens to provide all the knock suppression we need at this power level.
Old 06-01-2019, 03:00 PM
BMS
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Adianaty
Payam here! I have used full e85 with no issues at WOT. With part throttle it was a bit iffy without a flash. E40 is the perfect mix, basically 100 octane and no issues with part throttle

Originally Posted by vtknight
Is 477 awhp an average for 991.1 Turbo S's? Math says that is 561 HP with a 15% drive train loss. Most newer cars aren't that bad though - and are closer to 12%. Using the same math for your torque baseline and it is stating you make 616 lb ft.
Honestly no idea, I've been searching for about 6 months and I could not find ANY solid data. The most important thing is that the data is consistent and we have a baseline and delta.
We'll be getting the same data with the 991.2 Turbo S very soon, stay tuned! Pun intended
Old 06-06-2019, 03:36 PM
Straightedge
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow
can you use E98/E100?
What can kind of whp that fuel system can handle?

Last edited by Straightedge; 06-06-2019 at 03:54 PM.
Old 06-06-2019, 04:13 PM
BMS
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Straightedge
Wow

can you use E98/E100?
What can kind of whp that fuel system can handle?
We haven't tried any higher concentration than full e85. I don't see anymore benefits either for going higher.
We have hit 850whp on our F10 M5 running x4 950cc CPI on full e85. Those cars use the same brushless LPFP system.
Once I get the larger turbos on I'll be able to push the system more and get more results. I think we can do 800whp

-Payam
Old 06-06-2019, 04:31 PM
Nanook
Burning Brakes

Received 204 Likes on 158 Posts

This could really be a game changer....all these performance improvements without any modifications to the engine control module ?
Old 06-06-2019, 06:19 PM
Straightedge
Advanced

Originally Posted by BMS
We haven't tried any higher concentration than full e85. I don't see anymore benefits either for going higher.
We have hit 850whp on our F10 M5 running x4 950cc CPI on full e85. Those cars use the same brushless LPFP system.
Once I get the larger turbos on I'll be able to push the system more and get more results. I think we can do 800whp

-Payam
Would you mind tell us more about CPI?
If you go higher whp numbers will stock ecu still fine are standalone a must?

Last edited by Straightedge; 06-06-2019 at 06:54 PM.
Old 06-07-2019, 12:48 PM
BMS
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Nanook
This could really be a game changer....all these performance improvements without any modifications to the engine control module ?
Thanks man! Correct, this car has never been flashed. Stock ECU with just the bolts and JB4 controlling the rest. The safety systems that are implemented in the JB4 are priceless IMO.

Originally Posted by Straightedge
Would you mind tell us more about CPI?
If you go higher whp numbers will stock ecu still fine are standalone a must?
CPI stands for Chargepipe Port Injection. We have made fittings, adapters, and lines so it will be full PNP. No hacking, cutting, or anything. Set and forget type of deal
We will have a couple different options depending on power goals. Dual 550cc or 950cc deatschwerks injectors. This will provide much better control and proper fuel distribution.
With the JB4 you're able to change how much fuel you want added with the CPI, and also lots of safety systems implemented.

For ex: If a ground wire got loose from one of the CPI and you did a pull, the JB4 will automatically switch into map 0 (Stock car/boost profile).
If high pressure fuel pump values are too low, or AFR gets too lean, it will switch into map 0. This implementation has saved lots of my motors when I'm doing testing in various platforms.

This is basically for people who do not want to use methanol anymore. This offers much better control as we're not using a traditional methanol nozzles.
Better safety systems, and much more practical. No more need for a meth tank, run lines from under or in the car, check for leaks, refill the tank etc.

A flash is not needed with our JB4 system.

-Payam

Last edited by BMS; 06-07-2019 at 01:57 PM.
Old 06-07-2019, 01:34 PM
onfireTTS
Drifting

Received 1,091 Likes on 842 Posts

Originally Posted by BMS
Thanks man! Correct, this car has never been flashed. Stock ECU with just the bolts and JB4 controlling the rest. The safety systems that are implemented in the JB4 are priceless IMO.

CPI stands for Chargepipe Port Injection. We have made fittings, adapters, and lines so it will be full PNP. No hacking, cutting, or anything. Set and forget type of deal
We will have a couple different options depending on power goals. Dual 550cc or 950cc deatschwerks injectors. This will provide much better control and proper fuel distribution.
With the JB4 you're able to change how much fuel you want added with the CPI, and also lots of safety systems implemented.

For ex: If a ground wire got loose from one of the CPI and you did a pull, the JB4 will automatically switch into map 0 (Stock car/boost profile).
If high pressure fuel pump values are too low, or AFR gets too lean, it will switch into map 0. This implementation has saved lots of my motors when I'm doing testing in various platforms.

This is basically for people who do not want to use methanol anymore. This offers much better control as we're not using a traditional methanol nozzles.
Better safety systems, and much more practical. No more need for a meth tank, run lines from under or in the car, check for leaks, refill the tank etc.

At what rwhp level is additional fueling needed for E10 and E40 on a 991.2 ?
Old 06-07-2019, 01:57 PM
BMS
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by onfireTTS
At what rwhp level is additional fueling needed for E10 and E40 on a 991.2 ?
E10 is fine, all our gas here has a minimum of E10/91 octane. I'm playing around with it right now to see how far we can go.
I hope to have results and dyno numbers for the 991.2 Turbo S in a couple of weeks.
It's so much faster than my car lol

-Payam
Old 06-07-2019, 03:25 PM
Straightedge
Advanced

Originally Posted by BMS

-Payam

So the CPI inject meth or fuel?

Quick Reply: BMS JB4 911TS Dyno Testing