Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Road Spy

991.2 Retro ACC?

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2019 | 12:51 AM
Dr G
Track Day

Default 991.2 Retro ACC?

Looking at a potential new toy (2017 991.2 TTS) and it checks all of the boxes except I'd love to have ACC for those times when I need to just deal with stop and go traffic. I've seen other Porsche models that people have retro installed Porsche's Adaptive Cruise Control, but wasn't sure if anyone had done so to their TT or TTS?
Old 05-21-2019 | 08:35 AM
Paliknight
Racer

Interesting that I was actually thinking about this the other day. I ordered my car without it thinking who in the world buys a Porsche to use ACC, then read a number of comments claiming they wouldn’t buy a TT/S without it. So now I’m unsure if it’ll affect depreciation in the future IF I ever decide to sell it. My car is already on a ship so definitely too late to add from factory, but depending on your findings I might consider it
Old 05-21-2019 | 01:48 PM
Polivoks
Intermediate

I'm curious to know as well. This is the first time I've heard someone say that they wouldn't buy a car that didn't have it. I have ACC on my Panamera and I hate it. I leave it disabled all the time. It leaves too much of a gap to the car in front of you and I feel it sometimes picks up the lane to the side and will not pass cars on the highway. This is besides that it just feels out of place on a 911. When I looked for my 911 I was trying to avoid it.
Old 05-21-2019 | 03:41 PM
Paliknight
Racer

Originally Posted by Polivoks
I'm curious to know as well. This is the first time I've heard someone say that they wouldn't buy a car that didn't have it. I have ACC on my Panamera and I hate it. I leave it disabled all the time. It leaves too much of a gap to the car in front of you and I feel it sometimes picks up the lane to the side and will not pass cars on the highway. This is besides that it just feels out of place on a 911. When I looked for my 911 I was trying to avoid it.
I’ve only read a few comments on here that suggested they would NOT buy without ACC, but I understand that does not necessarily represent most TTS buyers. I have read though that more buyers have/add it than don’t.

I share are your sentiments though. TTS is not usually a daily driver, though it can be, and it’s a driver’s car so I assumed most would opt out of ACC.
Old 05-21-2019 | 03:52 PM
onfireTTS
Rennlist Member

Totally understand that it is a personal choice. Hate it on my F90. Ordered my TTS without it. I could see the benefits in city/congested driving.
Old 05-21-2019 | 04:01 PM
abiazis
Rennlist Member

Car is lighter without it
Old 05-21-2019 | 06:27 PM
hcvone
Rennlist Member

When I started looking for a new turbo the first thing I told the salesman, I want ACC, he said NO YOU DON'T, I thought that was strange, so I talked to some owners who drive their cars like me, and many told me they wish they did not have it, because from time to time it would brake too soon, even set to max distance, or leave too much distance between cars. I will not be ordering it on my 992
Old 05-21-2019 | 07:12 PM
onfireTTS
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by abiazis
Car is lighter without it

+1
Old 05-21-2019 | 07:46 PM
Lo911TTS
Advanced

On my next Cayenne I will be ordering ACC, on my next TTS not a chance, I have other cars for my DD.
Old 05-22-2019 | 06:52 PM
Paliknight
Racer

Originally Posted by Polivoks
I just came across a comment about it. One of the last posts in:

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-turb...1tts-look.html
Old 05-23-2019 | 03:00 AM
digits
Rennlist Member

I have ACC and use it occasionally. It's mostly okay when you're just cruising and there's not much traffic. You can adjust the following distance as you prefer but it does leave plenty of room even at the closest setting. It can be a little finicky. It's slow to recover and accelerate when something gets out of the way (such as a car in front of you that slowed down and then turns off the road leaving your path clear). I turn it off when I need to pass or get around that blasted Subaru going below the speed limit in the left lane. I daily drive into the city and I simply don't bother with it in stop and and go. I really only ordered it for the PAS brake pre-loading/collision avoidance and I've never actually caused that to trigger; I'm not sure how quickly you need to be approaching something for it to activate. Anyway, I'd be surprised if you can easily retrofit ACC - but if you can it's still probably more trouble than it's worth. Besides, if you don't have it, you won't miss it. I'd order it again, but it wouldn't be a big deal to me if I was considering buying a car that didn't have it.

Quick Reply: 991.2 Retro ACC?