Notices
991 Turbo 2012-2019 Turbo and Turbo S
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Road Spy

What did you do to your 991 turbo today?

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2024, 06:12 PM
Coppi52
Intermediate

Received 40 Likes on 11 Posts

@Dennis C looks amazing!!!

For all you guys with Ceramic coating...is it truly worth getting?

I only ask because I have full PPF on the front, car is always garaged, driven twice a week...and I still love to wax/polish by myself. (Consider it a zen moment away from the kids, even if I can't remove every swirl mark...haha).

I know the ceramic coating can help repel water, cut down on washing time, etc...but is the shine and gloss worth it over standard polishing?

Thanks!
Old 05-08-2024, 06:22 PM
TAGMotorsports
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 266 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by Dennis C
I just picked up the TTS from detailing and a new ceramic coating. The last ceramic coat lasted over 5 years, which is pretty good. That said, it was definitely time for it to be redone.

Looking stunning!!!

web: www.TAGMotorsports.com - email: sales@tagmotorsports.com
Authorized Dealer For: HRE, Vossen, TechArt, AWE, Bilstien, KW, Akrapovic, Capristo, Fabspseed, BBI, Vorsteiner, Milltek, 1016 Industries, BBS, Brembo, GMG, H&R, Pirelli, Michelin, Hankook & more.

TechArt & AWE Tuning's #1 Volume Dealer Nationwide
The following users liked this post:
Dennis C (05-08-2024)
Old 05-08-2024, 06:35 PM
2fcknfst
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 3,886 Likes on 2,958 Posts

Your detailer has done you a solid Dennis, looking good!
Dennis C (05-08-2024)
Old 05-08-2024, 06:42 PM
Dennis C
Rocky Mountain High
Rennlist Member

Received 1,274 Likes on 800 Posts

Originally Posted by Coppi52
@Dennis C looks amazing!!!

For all you guys with Ceramic coating...is it truly worth getting?

I only ask because I have full PPF on the front, car is always garaged, driven twice a week...and I still love to wax/polish by myself. (Consider it a zen moment away from the kids, even if I can't remove every swirl mark...haha).

I know the ceramic coating can help repel water, cut down on washing time, etc...but is the shine and gloss worth it over standard polishing?

Thanks!
I definitely find it to be worth the investment. I also find washing and detailing the car to be therapeutic, but I also enjoy how easy it is with ceramic coating. My car is also garaged, it has PPF on the front third, and it’s driven less than once per week. The glossy finish is truly amazing.
Coppi52 (05-08-2024)
Old Yesterday, 01:12 AM
Coppi52
Intermediate

I definitely find it to be worth the investment. I also find washing and detailing the car to be therapeutic, but I also enjoy how easy it is with ceramic coating. My car is also garaged, it has PPF on the front third, and it’s driven less than once per week. The glossy finish is truly amazing.
Thanks for the feedback! Hmmm, might consider it

Old Yesterday, 09:25 AM
Dennis C
Rocky Mountain High
Rennlist Member

Received 1,274 Likes on 800 Posts

There’s another thing to consider regarding ceramic coating since you like polishing and waxing cars. Ceramic coating isn’t something that you apply and then forget about it for a few years. It needs to be maintained properly if you want it to last. There are products that you have to use to keep it looking good and performing as expected. I like Adam’s Polishes, and their product is called Graphene Boost. There are plenty of other product choices, but my point is that ceramic coatings require maintenance.

https://adamspolishes.com/products/graphene-boost
The following 2 users liked this post by Dennis C:
Coppi52 (Yesterday), RadarP3C (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 07:22 PM
Coppi52
Intermediate

There’s another thing to consider regarding ceramic coating since you like polishing and waxing cars. Ceramic coating isn’t something that you apply and then forget about it for a few years. It needs to be maintained properly if you want it to last. There are products that you have to use to keep it looking good and performing as expected. I like Adam’s Polishes, and their product is called Graphene Boost. There are plenty of other product choices, but my point is that ceramic coatings require maintenance.

https://adamspolishes.com/products/graphene-boost
@Dennis C that's great, man...I'll definitely look into this!

Quick Reply: What did you do to your 991 turbo today?