Notices
991 Turbo 2012-2019 Turbo and Turbo S
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Road Spy

What did you do to your 991 turbo today?

Search this Thread

Old Yesterday, 09:13 AM
Jim M.
Rennlist Member

Received 894 Likes on 465 Posts

I would be all in on a group buy!
The following users liked this post:
Southpaw (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 09:17 AM
Ttz06vette
Rennlist Member

Received 234 Likes on 160 Posts

Originally Posted by Jim M.
I would be all in on a group buy!
What would the group buy price be for 5 and 10? What model Master?

1.) Ttz06vette
2.) Jim M
Southpaw (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 12:23 PM
rodsky
Rennlist Member

Received 870 Likes on 594 Posts

I'd be in on a group buy - add me to the list

1.) Ttz06vette
2.) Jim M
3) Rodsky
Southpaw (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 12:28 PM
Bluemax2
Rennlist Member

Received 167 Likes on 111 Posts

They are worth every penny. Going on five years with my Master Blaster.
Old Yesterday, 01:16 PM
Southpaw
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by rodsky
I'd be in on a group buy - add me to the list

1.) Ttz06vette
2.) Jim M
3) Rodsky
loving this so far. Here are the popular units for auto drying. I can get any of them though if there’s another one you’re interested in.
I can do a percentage off if we can get 5+. Even more so if it’s 10.

https://www.southpaw-industries.net/...blowers-dryers

..and here’s the 991 page if anyone is interested…
https://www.southpaw-industries.net/...-991-2013-2020

Old Yesterday, 01:29 PM
Foosh
Burning Brakes

Received 443 Likes on 305 Posts

I've had Metrovac Master Blaster for about 8 years now, and they are great. You do need at least a 20a circuit because they are power hungry, and the standard in most home garages is 15a.

You also need to have a very firm grip on the long hose before turning it on. If you do so with it lying on the ground or if it slips out of your hands anywhere close to the car, the long hose could thrash your car pretty good before you can catch it when it's flailing around.

I still use it, but most of the time I use my EGO electric 650 CFM leaf lower (link below), which I find more convenient, and I don't have to move the car to a remote location where I have a 20a circuit, but no water. The EGO does just as good a job in the same amount of time, and I don't have to feed the long hose around to all sides of the car.

Also blow drying only works really well on a ceramic-coated or otherwise extremely hydrophobic surface.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B087RRLLQ3?SubscriptionId=AKIAIBX4MGJBG42TO3NQ&tag=chtrbr123623-20&asc_source=google&asc_campaign=28282&asc_refurl=https%3A%2F%2Fbestreviews.com%2Flawn-and-garden%2Fleaf-blowers%2Fbest-leaf-blowers&lid=138225&sid=1&cid=28&th=1 https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B087RRLLQ3?SubscriptionId=AKIAIBX4MGJBG42TO3NQ&tag=chtrbr123623-20&asc_source=google&asc_campaign=28282&asc_refurl=https%3A%2F%2Fbestreviews.com%2Flawn-and-garden%2Fleaf-blowers%2Fbest-leaf-blowers&lid=138225&sid=1&cid=28&th=1

Last edited by Foosh; Yesterday at 01:32 PM.
Old Yesterday, 01:33 PM
Southpaw
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Foosh
I've had Metrovac Master Blaster for about 8 years now, and they are great. You do need at least a 20a circuit because they are power hungry, and the standard in most home garages is 15a.

You also need to have a very firm grip before turning it on. If you do so with it lying on the ground or if it slips out of your hands anywhere close to the car, the long hose could thrash your car pretty good before you can catch it when it's flailing around.

I still use it, but most of the time I my EGO electric 650 CFM leaf lower (link below), which I find more convenient, and I don't have to move the car to a remote location where I have a 20a circuit, but no water. The EGO does just as good a job in the same amount of time.

Also blow drying only works really well on a ceramic-coated or otherwise extremely hydrophobic surface.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...=1&cid=28&th=1
I also have the Ego leaf blower with the stubby, rubber end attachment. I don’t find it as powerful as some of the dual motor Metrovacs but it can suffice in removing surface water.
Old Yesterday, 02:22 PM
rodsky
Rennlist Member

Received 870 Likes on 594 Posts

You also need to have a very firm grip on the long hose before turning it on. If you do so with it lying on the ground or if it slips out of your hands anywhere close to the car, the long hose could thrash your car pretty good before you can catch it when it's flailing around.

I still use it, but most of the time I use my EGO electric 650 CFM leaf lower (link below), which I find more convenient, and I don't have to move the car to a remote location where I have a 20a circuit, but no water. The EGO does just as good a job in the same amount of time, and I don't have to feed the long hose around to all sides of the car.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...=1&cid=28&th=1
Any of them able to use a 240V outlet? That outlet is on a 40amp for me - so would be a great option.
Old Yesterday, 02:40 PM
onfireTTS
Rennlist Member

Received 1,130 Likes on 869 Posts

Shoe Day

Old Yesterday, 03:02 PM
Foosh
Burning Brakes

Received 443 Likes on 305 Posts

Originally Posted by Southpaw
I also have the Ego leaf blower with the stubby, rubber end attachment. I don’t find it as powerful as some of the dual motor Metrovacs but it can suffice in removing surface water.
Yes, you are quite correct, that the Metrovac is much more powerful, but 650 CFM from the EGO is more than enough to clear the water from very hydrophobic paint surface. By the time I fuss with the Master Blaster hose, and and put everything away, I almost done with the EGO.

If I had a better set-up, I'd probably use it more often, but given my current power location and comparing both, I haven't found much reason to haul out the MB lately because the EGO does the job just as quickly w/ less hassle. .
Old Yesterday, 06:14 PM
RadarP3C
Rennlist Member
Veteran: Navy

Received 360 Likes on 274 Posts

Yes, you are quite correct, that the Metrovac is much more powerful, but 650 CFM from the EGO is more than enough to clear the water from very hydrophobic paint surface. By the time I fuss with the Master Blaster hose, and and put everything away, I almost done with the EGO.

If I had a better set-up, I'd probably use it more often, but given my current power location and comparing both, I haven't found much reason to haul out the MB lately because the EGO does the job just as quickly w/ less hassle. .
The advantage goes to the Metro because it puts out hot air.
Southpaw (Yesterday)
Old Today, 09:48 AM
Dennis C
Rocky Mountain High
Rennlist Member

Received 1,557 Likes on 974 Posts

My concern with a leaf blower vs. the Master Blaster is air filtration. As I recall, there’s a basic filter on the master blaster while there isn’t one on the leaf blower. I worry about blasting small particulate debris on my paint. Maybe this concern is unfounded, but it’s a concern nonetheless. Fortunately for me, my Master Blaster hangs on my garage wall and it’s close to a garage outlet. It’s very convenient to use it.
Old Today, 10:13 AM
2fcknfst
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 4,188 Likes on 3,167 Posts

Left it at home and went to the States.
Old Today, 10:26 AM
RadarP3C
Rennlist Member
Veteran: Navy

Received 360 Likes on 274 Posts

Hard water is an issue where I live. If I let the water evaporate on its own, I'd have hundreds of water spots on the car. Since adding a whole house water softener system and installing a water facet running hot water in the garage to use for the pressure washer, I've just about eliminated the need for the Master Blaster.
Old Today, 04:44 PM
Big Swole
Rennlist Member

Received 2,125 Likes on 1,341 Posts

EGO 650 is what I use.. When I get the chance to wash it myself.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your 991 turbo today?