Notices
991 Turbo 2012-2019 Turbo and Turbo S
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Road Spy

What did you do to your 991 turbo today?

Search this Thread

Old Yesterday, 01:50 PM
Foosh
Burning Brakes

Received 446 Likes on 308 Posts

Originally Posted by RadarP3C
@Foosh Before I installed the water softener, I was using the same CR Spotless system. It was great! No water marks left on the car.
I'm still using the CR Spotless w/ the softened water from the house. The resin is going to last longer if you're starting with softened water, but the CR Spotless is pulling more minerals out of even the softened water. Perhaps, it's a bit of overkill, but it's quick and easy to use since I just roll it a few feet from the garage to the outdoor faucet.
The following users liked this post:
RadarP3C (Yesterday)
Old Today, 05:24 PM
Southpaw
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Regarding the amperage and outlet requirements on Metrovac dryers, this is the response I got directly from Metrovac:

“The PRO-83BA should work fine on a 15amp breaker considering it only draws about 10.8 amps.Most homes have 15amp breakers, not 14amp. We suggest a 20amp breaker for our Master Blaster and Super Vac.”
FWIW, I have the Pro-83BA in my own garage and it’s what I’ve use for years with no issues.
Old Today, 05:26 PM
Foosh
Burning Brakes

Received 446 Likes on 308 Posts

Yes, in the guidance I posted above, I was talking about the Master Blaster, which is what I have. I received the same guidance from the manufacturer that a 20a circuit was advised. At the time I purchased it about 8 years ago, many on forums were trying to use the Master Blaster on 15a circuits, and tripping circuit breakers.

8 years ago, there were not super powerful electric leaf blowers on the market, and my poor Master Blaster finds itself gathering dust these days, but it still works like brand new. I have to give it that.

Last edited by Foosh; Today at 05:42 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Southpaw (Today)
Old Today, 09:09 PM
2fcknfst
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 4,190 Likes on 3,169 Posts

Originally Posted by Ttz06vette
Group buy? 🤣
Yes please!

Quick Reply: What did you do to your 991 turbo today?