Stage II Europipe Exhaust, New Michelins PS 4S

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2019, 06:00 PM
DJ23
Rennlist Member

Received 85 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by GordyRay
Hi Jay,
Thank you for your response. I went to the website and listened to the videos and was definitely impressed. I am eager to get my car and to have it sound like the cars on the website.
Very Respectfully,

Gordy
One last follow up Gordy. I sent Stef a final E-mail today thanking him for everything and he gave me an explanation on how the lowered back pressure of the Stage II increases overall Engine Performance.
In the words of Stef;... "The bigger the delta between the pressure in the headers (pre turbo) and the pressure in the exhaust (post turbo) the better the performance. The turbochargers will spin sooner and faster and accelerate faster with lower pressure in the exhaust muffler. Its comparable to a regular windmill. The windmill will start spinning because it is located between a high pressure zone and a low pressure zone. With no air pressure difference there is no wind and therefore no spinning of the windmill."There you have it. Hope this clarifies the mechanics.

Jay
Old 04-05-2019, 06:09 PM
DJ23
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by IMI A
EP 2 sounds more sporty even when just blipping the throttle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIaX8PK2nuM

The stock exhaust very quiet but to be fair to Porsche thats exactly how most Porsche customers want their dd turbo s to sound after a hard days work. Quiet and refined. Correct me if I'm wrong but its the only 50 CEL exhaust on the market? Stef doesn't advertise this so much because demand already outstrips supply and he only makes exhausts for the full fat turbo models as he just doesn't have enough bandwidth for the other 911 models in the range.
IMI, thanks for posting the vid. I was having a difficult time uploading mine.

Sounds great.

Jay
Old 04-06-2019, 09:02 AM
Penn4S
Rennlist Member

Received 1,300 Likes on 730 Posts

Originally Posted by Jim991
How does the Europipe exhaust compare to Kline on a 991 TT?
I am running my 3rd EP exhaust after having them on 996 and 997 TT's. The workmanship, quality of components and sound are just awesome.
I had a Kline on my previous 991.1 4S and dealing with Felix was a real pleasure and the exhaust was beautifully made and sounded fantastic.
I don't think you could go wrong with either. I just have had such good experiences with EP on TT cars I felt they were the better choice for me.
Old 04-08-2019, 08:53 PM
GordyRay
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Hi Jay,
thank you for the further update on the exhaust. I look forward to ordering one.
Regards,

Gordy
Old 04-08-2019, 11:59 PM
NavM
Advanced

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

Congrats Jay. I wonder if you have done the sound symposer mod? If not, give it a shot and see if it makes a difference. I highly recommend it after upgrading the exhaust and not so much when running stock unit.

Of course, Europipe is a great exhaust. Personally, I think EP1 is a bit too tamed on 991 turbo. Although I haven't heard EP2 in person, based on videos, it sounds terrific and probably one of the best and very similar to FVD Brombacher full exhaust that I have on my car which also retains the Porsche symphony you're referring too. My rear Pirellis are nearly done and I can't wait to upgrade to PS 4S tires.
Old 04-10-2019, 04:08 PM
DJ23
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by NavM
Congrats Jay. I wonder if you have done the sound symposer mod? If not, give it a shot and see if it makes a difference. I highly recommend it after upgrading the exhaust and not so much when running stock unit.

Of course, Europipe is a great exhaust. Personally, I think EP1 is a bit too tamed on 991 turbo. Although I haven't heard EP2 in person, based on videos, it sounds terrific and probably one of the best and very similar to FVD Brombacher full exhaust that I have on my car which also retains the Porsche symphony you're referring too. My rear Pirellis are nearly done and I can't wait to upgrade to PS 4S tires.
I haven't tried this mod. Is it worth trying? Have you done this before? Give me any feedback you have to see if it is worth it. Otherwise thanks for the compliments It's a great exhaust.

Jay
Old 04-10-2019, 10:46 PM
NavM
Advanced

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by DJ23
I haven't tried this mod. Is it worth trying? Have you done this before? Give me any feedback you have to see if it is worth it. Otherwise thanks for the compliments It's a great exhaust.

Jay
For me it's worth it. It's almost like driving an older Porsche or any other car with a great sounding exhaust without having any engine sound being piped inside the cabin. I tried this mod with stock exhaust and the cabin was too quiet so I certainly understand why Porsche did this. After doing this mod, it's now more of a GT experience, one that you'd have to experience. With the full exhaust, the noise, and in particular the pops and crackles were a bit too much for me. Since doing this mod, it's become a more enjoyable experience. I still hear the exhaust which is much more aggressive than the stock exhaust without any additional intake noise artificially routed inside the car.

Good information in this thread: https://rennlist.com/forums/991-turb...d-sympose.html

I removed this pipe and sealed off both end with electrical tape.

Old 04-11-2019, 11:09 PM
DJ23
Rennlist Member

Thanks NavM. Will have to consider this if drone becomes an issue. For now on long drives I keep the car in normal mode and I get the best of all worlds; improve exhaust sound without the excessive drone. When I want
to get aggressive I switch to Sport or Sport Plus and just enjoy the racing acoustics of my 911 engine.

Jay

Quick Reply: Stage II Europipe Exhaust, New Michelins PS 4S