Sponsored by: Road Spy

Stage II Europipe Exhaust, New Michelins PS 4S

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2019, 10:25 PM
DJ23
Rennlist Member

Received 85 Likes on 62 Posts
Cool Stage II Europipe Exhaust, New Michelins PS 4S

With the weather improving it was time to complete my Winter Projects.

Brought my car home last Friday after having my new Stage II Europipe Exhaust and Michelin PS 4S installed. First I'll address the tires. I have driven on both tires now, the Pirellis that were delivered with my car last year, and now the Michelins.
I wanted to be objective so I thought it best to wait until I broke them in over at least 200 miles. So this past Saturday with the weather so nice I decided to visit my son in college up in Massachusetts. It's a 2 and 1/2 hour drive from CT, so I figured this would
make a good break in period for the exhaust as well as the tires. From the beginning the performance and grip of the Michelins were far superior. As I increased the speed the TTS stuck to the road, carving through turn after turn. The car just drove and hugged the road with supreme agility and athleticism. Additionally the ride comfort was extraordinary and smooth when compared to the Pirelli's. Inside the cabin, the noise level was much less, making the overall ride so much more enjoyable. I said to my wife Joanne, right then and there, I'll never have a new Porsche delivered without the Michelins.

And as far as my new Europipe Stage II Exhaust, it is everything Stef said that it would be. When I started it up I felt like I was in Le Mans. The sound, the rumble, were just exhilarating. It presented with an aural acoustics that was filled with a Porsche Symphony,
reflective of the engineering ensemble that it was meant to have. In normal mode there isn't any drone. Quiet initially, but you will notice the sound of the turbos whistling more. Gets more aggressive in sport mode with its pops and gurgles, and over 4000 rpm, it's flat out awesome. In sport plus you don't notice as much of the popping sound because of the sport plus program, but it accelerates faster towards the 6000 rpm range which sends the car into an entirely new level.

So with these two winter mods complete, I am extremely pleased. It's great that the warmer driving weather is here. Can't wait to get out more, and unleash my Red Mamba.

Jay
Old 04-03-2019, 10:43 PM
Big Swole
Rennlist Member

Received 2,010 Likes on 1,261 Posts

I have Europipe on my 997.2TTS and LOVE IT as well!!!

Have PS2's on the car now, because they were new when I bought the car. I really want to upgrade to the PS4S's soon but I can't justify the money without wearing these out first. I've put 5500+ miles on them in less than a year, so it won't be too long.

Congrats on the new parts and choosing the right Exhaust!!
Old 04-03-2019, 11:27 PM
Polivoks
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glad to hear that about the Michelins! I'm making the swap from Pirellis this week as well. The Pirellis came on the car and I planned on wearing them out before swapping to the PS4S, but I haven't been a big fan so I'm going to do it now so I can enjoy the PS4S all summer.
Old 04-03-2019, 11:42 PM
GordyRay
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey thanks for the feedback. I have my car on order currently. Should come in early June. I don't know how you would get the Michelins on from the factory.
I was thinking of going with Sharkwerks exhaust. How did you decide to go with the Europipe and what is the stage II include? Thanks.

Old 04-03-2019, 11:42 PM
Elliott991TS
Rennlist Member

Received 127 Likes on 81 Posts

thanks for the review!

I have Pirelli's P Zero's and am planning to "upgrade" to Michelins PS 4S, but not sure when, the Pirelli's are new
Old 04-04-2019, 12:10 AM
Big Swole
Rennlist Member

Received 2,010 Likes on 1,261 Posts

Originally Posted by GordyRay
Hey thanks for the feedback. I have my car on order currently. Should come in early June. I don't know how you would get the Michelins on from the factory.
I was thinking of going with Sharkwerks exhaust. How did you decide to go with the Europipe and what is the stage II include? Thanks.

Best exhaust out there. Sounds so awesome!

http://www.europipe.be/exhausts.html

Old 04-04-2019, 12:14 AM
Penn4S
Rennlist Member

Received 1,300 Likes on 730 Posts

I am a Europipe fan. On my 3rd system over 3 TT cars.
Old 04-04-2019, 12:36 PM
IMI A
Banned

Received 259 Likes on 155 Posts

The EP2 for 991 turbo is much louder than the 997 version IMO. Almost jumped out of the seat it was so loud at WOT from standing start I was very surprised. Its also a 50 cel cat exhaust v 100 cel. Upgrade to Michelin next

Stef makes the best exhausts for 996, 997 and 991 turbo having heard many different exhausts.
Old 04-04-2019, 01:10 PM
stealthpilot
Three Wheelin'

Received 132 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by IMI A
The EP2 for 991 turbo is much louder than the 997 version IMO. Almost jumped out of the seat it was so loud at WOT from standing start I was very surprised. Its also a 50 cel cat exhaust v 100 cel. Upgrade to Michelin next

Stef makes the best exhausts for 996, 997 and 991 turbo having heard many different exhausts.
Wow. I have EP1 for my 991TTS. I wish I had the EP2.
Old 04-04-2019, 01:31 PM
Polivoks
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by IMI A

Have you had any CEL issues with the 50 cel cats?
Old 04-04-2019, 01:48 PM
IMI A
Banned

No never had a CEL with any Europipe inc this 50 cel and 7500 miles covered by the car so far. This is Europipe's specific unique selling point over their competitors for 996,997 and 991.

991 stock other than EP2 Zorst.

It really is a super high quality exhaust at a very reasonable price point compared to Akrapovic , Capristo etc which are really of comparable quality. There are of course many cheaper exhausts out there but generally in life you get what you pay for hence other cheaper (and more expensive) exhausts throwing up CELs unless you remap.
Old 04-04-2019, 10:11 PM
DJ23
Rennlist Member

Received 85 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by GordyRay

It was easy to chose the Europipe Exhaust. I had one installed on my 997 Turbo and it was awesome. No errors or CEL's. Just pure fun with that European Sports Car sound we all thrive for.
As far as the stage two exhaust. Contact Stef. You will need to send your exhaust tips to him to have them modified for the fit. He will send you a pair of loaners with the torque wrench to remove and install the used pair.
It's a great exhaust with 50 cell cats that gives .08 Bar back pressure. This alone will give you better performance and speed of your 911 engine.

Jay
Old 04-05-2019, 12:21 AM
GordyRay
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Hi Jay,
Thank you for your response. I went to the website and listened to the videos and was definitely impressed. I am eager to get my car and to have it sound like the cars on the website.
Very Respectfully,

Gordy
Old 04-05-2019, 03:07 AM
IMI A
Banned

EP 2 sounds more sporty even when just blipping the throttle.

The stock exhaust very quiet but to be fair to Porsche thats exactly how most Porsche customers want their dd turbo s to sound after a hard days work. Quiet and refined. Correct me if I'm wrong but its the only 50 CEL exhaust on the market? Stef doesn't advertise this so much because demand already outstrips supply and he only makes exhausts for the full fat turbo models as he just doesn't have enough bandwidth for the other 911 models in the range.
Old 04-05-2019, 05:43 PM
Jim991
Burning Brakes

Received 178 Likes on 132 Posts

How does the Europipe exhaust compare to Kline on a 991 TT?

Quick Reply: Stage II Europipe Exhaust, New Michelins PS 4S