Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Road Spy

New Antigravity lightweight battery

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2019, 04:25 PM
Polivoks
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I forwarded you the emails I sent your company previously. It was shipped on the 27th. It was missing the charger I ordered too. I would prefer to apply the stickers myself rather than have to change and ship batteries again if possible.
Old 04-03-2019, 01:45 AM
Antigravity
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 979 Likes on 543 Posts

Originally Posted by Polivoks
I forwarded you the emails I sent your company previously. It was shipped on the 27th. It was missing the charger I ordered too. I would prefer to apply the stickers myself rather than have to change and ship batteries again if possible.
I have not received any email from you.... Did you forward them to me yet?

We are sending a new battery. Our batteries are finished only by us, sorry we won't send stickers. My staff informed me this afternoon they already sent you a new battery, just send the non-stickered on back when you get the new one they will send you a pre-paid shipping label.

Can you please just respond to the following emails..... accounts@antigravitybatteries.com and CC scott@antigravitybatteries.com....... not here on the Forum.

I don't want to be doing our personal Customer Service on a forum, we have a specific department for that. I feel you are not giving us the opportunity to do this. You are posting here rather than contacting me directly, yet I have offered you my email to contact me, and I'm the President of the company. You have every right to be frustrated, its your experience. I am also frustrated because it appears your position is agenda based, not resolution based. You post here before contacting us, and I am just trying to resolve this. Its a bummer for me also, I don't want people that are unhappy, its drag for me. Normally someone would call us and say.. "Guys I just got a battery without stickers... what's up?" But since your first post you have sort of blasted us, so I'm feel I'm on the defensive when I don't feel there has been harm or a foul. We forgot some stickers, yes a blunder, but really easy to get corrected and not our normal operating procedure, but also not anything to put on the forum before giving us an opportunity to respond.
Old 04-03-2019, 12:47 PM
Polivoks
Intermediate

Yes, I forwarded them before I replied. Did you check your spam folder? If you're the president, why not just get the emails from your staff or email me directly instead of making me jump through hoops? You have all my contact info. You can call me. I just resent them again in any event.

Please, tell me more about this so-called "agenda". The only agenda I have is getting my car working. Did you forget that you sold me a device telling me it would start my car and it would not? Then you basically called me a liar about it? Then you told everyone else that you would upgrade their units for free after I called you out? Yeah.... that is what started this relationship off on a bad foot. You blamed me instead of taking responsibility for your product and tried to discredit me.

You know what I haven't received? An apology from you for your company misleading me on what would start my car and then for your mistakes in QC with the battery and my order. Instead you ask for a pity party on here because I shared my honest experience with your company. If you don't want people sharing their honest feedback on your company and services on forums, maybe you shouldn't advertise on them? If you don't want to do customer service on a forum then maybe have Chad do it because it's clear he has a much better grasp on pr. To quote you from earlier, "I'm blunt, forward and say my opinions, but I'm fact based".

Also, did you forget you are selling an item, a lithium battery, which are known for a higher risk of catching fire and exploding? Putting a lithium battery in a car is a much riskier proposition than a standard Porsche battery. As a consumer, the information I am sharing I would consider valuable to others in making decisions for their cars.
Old 04-03-2019, 03:59 PM
Antigravity
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Polivoks... I'm so tired and done. Let just cut this deal.... I will PAY you $50 dollars EXTRA to send our Battery back to us, I will give you a full refund, and I will pay shipping back to us... let's just get this over. You make $50 bucks out of the deal. You good with that?

Polivoks, I'll gladly tell all the Rennlisters who read this post not to buy our products if they feel I am offensive, and my responses to you were not appropriate. I will tell them if they are wary of Lithium to wait it out and think about it. I will tell them don't buy our products if you feel another brand is better. I will tell them to send back any product that doesn't perform just as we claim it will. But I don't want to keep going round and round with you. You want blood from this and we have not hurt you or anyone. Just send back the products and lets call it a day Zac. That is the best way to just move on.
Old 04-03-2019, 04:54 PM
Polivoks
Intermediate

You can't buy me off, sorry. I'm not looking for blood, just a simple apology and admission that things were wrong and then for you to make them right.

You claim you don't want posts on forums, but you posted back here again without responding to my emails or contacting me directly. I tried calling you but for some reason the person couldn't hear me to put me through.

I'm not going away from the forums after this.
Old 04-03-2019, 05:09 PM
Polivoks
Intermediate

Scott finally responded to my emails and is now accusing me of trying to steal a battery from him. He won't return my calls either.
Old 04-03-2019, 06:05 PM
Polivoks
Intermediate

On a different note, I received the Autel MD808 today and used it to do a battery change procedure and changed the capacity to 40Ah and Lithium. When I restarted the car the alternator voltage dropped from 15.1 at idle to 13.9 so it looked like it did have an effect.
Old 04-03-2019, 06:30 PM
Polivoks
Intermediate

And now Scott is telling me he in fact did not ship a replacement battery yesterday as he posted in this thread and is now both refusing to ship me a replacement and refusing to provide the stickers for the battery because he thinks I am trying to set them up for "fails". I wish I was making this up. I didn't order this to see it fail, I wanted to be happy! I think I have been fair in my posts about the technical aspects of the battery but those get ignored.

Scott, all you need to do is apologize for the issues I had with your product and how you treated me initially over it and then get me what I ordered and I'll be happy. I don't want $50 and I don't think that is too much to ask.
Old 04-03-2019, 08:06 PM
onfireTTS
Drifting

Received 1,094 Likes on 844 Posts

On a different note, I received the Autel MD808 today and used it to do a battery change procedure and changed the capacity to 40Ah and Lithium. When I restarted the car the alternator voltage dropped from 15.1 at idle to 13.9 so it looked like it did have an effect.
Did the Autel recognize the car as a Porsche TTS ? Thanks for posting any other info about the Autel. I’m interested in that tool.
Old 04-03-2019, 08:20 PM
Antigravity
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Scott finally responded to my emails and is now accusing me of trying to steal a battery from him. He won't return my calls either.
Polivoks/Zac, you are stooping to telling untruths. You are forcing me to post my screenshots of my email to you. You wrote to me refusing to take my offer unless I apologized. I wrote back apologizing, then you responded you wanted the apology on the forum. I understand you want to control me, make the business feel your power over us. Sorry.... I'm not going to extorted like this. I don't want you as a Customer. You have just lied openly on the forum about me and I draw the line when people lie.

You were offered a battery replacement, then you were offered to be fully refunded and cost associated... you REFUSED both based on receiving an apology also. I've offered you beyond what you purchased and you want more. As I say, not about resolution, but agenda based. I just hope you agenda does not encompass lowering yourself to intentionally damaging the product to have more negative to write about us. Lets hope not.

Old 04-03-2019, 08:35 PM
Polivoks
Intermediate

Originally Posted by onfireTTS
Did the Autel recognize the car as a Porsche TTS ? Thanks for posting any other info about the Autel. I’m interested in that tool.
I've only used it for the battery functionality so far, but it didn't do any auto-detection. Under "BMS" for the battery there was an option for "911 (991)" under Porsche and once it connected it gave the option of doing the replacement or showing the settings. The settings didn't seem like the settings for the battery itself and looked more like a list of the electrical components in the car and their status (ie. "PCM OK"), but I didn't go all the way through it as it was long. The battery change procedure lets you input a capacity, type of battery (from a list), serial number and part number. I just used all zeros for the serial and part number. It tells you how many digits it needs for each. I plan on going through the rest options when time allows but if there is something specific on it you want me to check let me know. It's probably kinda expensive just for doing the battery change, but maybe not depending on dealer costs.
Old 04-03-2019, 08:41 PM
Polivoks
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Antigravity
Polivoks/Zac, you are stooping to telling untruths. You are forcing me to post my screenshots of my email to you. You wrote to me refusing to take my offer unless I apologized. I wrote back apologizing, then you responded you wanted the apology on the forum. I understand you want to control me, make the business feel your power over us. Sorry.... I'm not going to extorted like this. I don't want you as a Customer. You have just lied openly on the forum about me and I draw the line when people lie.

You were offered a battery replacement, then you were offered to be fully refunded and cost associated... you REFUSED both based on receiving an apology also. I've offered you beyond what you purchased and you want more. As I say, not about resolution, but agenda based. I just hope you agenda does not encompass lowering yourself to intentionally damaging the product to have more negative to write about us. Lets hope not.
Dude, you are being unreasonable now. First you accuse me of trying to steal a replacement battery, which you lied about shipping, and wouldn't even need to ship if you didn't mess up in the first place. This is after I said I just wanted stickers, not a replacement anyways. Then you accuse me of extortion because I said I wanted an apology. Now you think I am going to damage a battery and my own car to get back at you? For what gain? Stop being ridiculous. Since we're quoting now this is what you asked me: "Are you going to try to keep both our batteries out of spite?"

I've always wanted an apology here. I didn't lie. And if we're keeping count how many times have you lied to me, both about your operations and product capabilities, how many is that for you? I asked you many times to call me and left multiple messages and you have refused. This is after you say you want this off the forums. You can't buy me off for $50. I know you would rather pay that than apologize. I just want what I ordered. Your staff said you were going to send a replacement and then you changed your mind. I never turned down a replacement. Are you going to provide that or keep forum battling? You still haven't called me back. Your staff didn't call me back after they said they would. I'm here and reasonable.

If you are refusing to provide me with what I ordered then I will have no choice but to file merchant complaints. You can't just keep my money and provide me with a battery that your staff says is a safety risk because it doesn't have the right labels on it. That's where you are leaving me right now. All you need to do is provide me what I ordered. I can't believe this is how you treat people who spend money with you.
Old 04-03-2019, 09:02 PM
stealthpilot
Rennlist Member

Received 134 Likes on 82 Posts

Dude, you are being unreasonable now. First you accuse me of trying to steal a replacement battery, which you lied about shipping, and wouldn't even need to ship if you didn't mess up in the first place. This is after I said I just wanted stickers, not a replacement anyways. Then you accuse me of extortion because I said I wanted an apology. Now you think I am going to damage a battery and my own car to get back at you? For what gain? Stop being ridiculous.

I've always wanted an apology here. I didn't lie. And if we're keeping count how many times have you lied to me, both about your operations and product capabilities, how many is that for you? I asked you many times to call me and left multiple messages and you have refused. This is after you say you want this off the forums. You can't buy me off for $50. I know you would rather pay that than apologize. I just want what I ordered. Your staff said you were going to send a replacement and then you changed your mind. I never turned down a replacement. Are you going to provide that or keep forum battling? You still haven't called me back. They didn't call me back after they said they would. I'm here and reasonable.

If you are refusing to provide me with what I ordered then I will have no choice but to file merchant complaints. You can't just keep my money and provide me with a battery that your staff says is a safety risk because it doesn't have the right labels on it. That's where you are leaving me right now.
Just as an FYI I have found Scott to be very reasonable. I took Scott up on his offer to swap my Micro-start sport for an XP3. He replied to email within hours, and the replacement unit was shipped same day before I even sent back the Sport. This is without my even having any issues with the Microstart but just being concerned because of your review.

i have to say Scott and his customer service team have been excellent. I’m surprised about your experience, but my sense is that they offered a fair resolution and process, you didn’t like it, and this has lead to escalating mutual suspicion. Not sure why you need a public apology instead of a replacement battery. I would be happy with a private apology and a replacement battery. It’s not like he didn’t acknowledge it was their mistake. Your approach seems petty to me,

Also so you didn’t buy the microstart from Antigravity but from an Amazon reseller. Do you know how old it was, if it was stored correctly, whether it was an authorized reseller? And these H6 batteries are Lithium Iron Phosphate which have a significantly lower risk of thermal runaway.
Old 04-03-2019, 09:07 PM
Polivoks
Intermediate

Originally Posted by stealthpilot
i have to say Scott and his customer service team have been excellent. I’m surprised about your experience, but my sense is that they offered a fair resolution and process, you didn’t like it, and this has lead to escalating mutual suspicion. Not sure why you need a public apology instead of a replacement battery. I would be happy with a private apology and a replacement battery. It’s not like he didn’t acknowledge it was their mistake.
I'm glad to hear your experience was different. Just to clear one thing up - he said they already shipped me a replacement battery before that exchange but that ended up not being true. That is what I wanted. That or for them to send me the stickers so I could put them on myself. It turns out that he didn't ship it and is now refusing to ship it because he thinks that I am going to either 1) steal it or 2) damage it. Both of those are ridiculous. I still want the replacement regardless of the apology.

In regard to the Amazon seller, how could I know how long the seller had it or how they stored it? I provided the seller in my first emails to Antigravity so that they could look into it and determine if that was the case.

Edit: I just checked now and the seller is an authorized dealer listed on Antigravity's site.

Last edited by Polivoks; 04-03-2019 at 09:32 PM.
Old 04-03-2019, 09:10 PM
onfireTTS
Drifting

Received 1,094 Likes on 844 Posts

I've only used it for the battery functionality so far, but it didn't do any auto-detection. Under "BMS" for the battery there was an option for "911 (991)" under Porsche and once it connected it gave the option of doing the replacement or showing the settings. The settings didn't seem like the settings for the battery itself and looked more like a list of the electrical components in the car and their status (ie. "PCM OK"), but I didn't go all the way through it as it was long. The battery change procedure lets you input a capacity, type of battery (from a list), serial number and part number. I just used all zeros for the serial and part number. It tells you how many digits it needs for each. I plan on going through the rest options when time allows but if there is something specific on it you want me to check let me know. It's probably kinda expensive just for doing the battery change, but maybe not depending on dealer costs.
Thanks ! I am going to buy one for the garage.

Quick Reply: New Antigravity lightweight battery