Sponsored by: Road Spy

New Antigravity lightweight battery

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2019, 09:57 PM
stealthpilot
Rennlist Member

Received 153 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by Polivoks
I'm glad to hear your experience was different. Just to clear one thing up - he said they already shipped me a replacement battery before that exchange but that ended up not being true. That is what I wanted. That or for them to send me the stickers so I could put them on myself. It turns out that he didn't ship it and is now refusing to ship it because he thinks that I am going to either 1) steal it or 2) damage it. Both of those are ridiculous. I still want the replacement regardless of the apology.

In regard to the Amazon seller, how could I know how long the seller had it or how they stored it? I provided the seller in my first emails to Antigravity so that they could look into it and determine if that was the case.

Edit: I just checked now and the seller is an authorized dealer listed on Antigravity's site.
I'm sure you can figure out how to deescalate this and get your battery replaced with one with stickers. Try doing a reset in the interaction and clean up the bickering. If what you want is the battery.

If you hate the company or its CEO because he won't give a formal apology then just ask for a refund. I am sure he will refund an undamaged battery.
Old 04-03-2019, 10:25 PM
Polivoks
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by stealthpilot
I'm sure you can figure out how to deescalate this and get your battery replaced with one with stickers. Try doing a reset in the interaction and clean up the bickering. If what you want is the battery.

If you hate the company or its CEO because he won't give a formal apology then just ask for a refund. I am sure he will refund an undamaged battery.
I don't hate anyone. I just don't like being lied to and I don't like being blamed for something that wasn't my fault. I think it is awesome you got a free upgrade out of the hassle I've had to go through. I know if I had your experience I would feel differently.
Old 04-04-2019, 06:16 AM
stealthpilot
Rennlist Member

I don't hate anyone. I just don't like being lied to and I don't like being blamed for something that wasn't my fault. I think it is awesome you got a free upgrade out of the hassle I've had to go through. I know if I had your experience I would feel differently.
I get it. If I bought an $800 battery I would expect it to be perfect out of the box. Plus it's a nuisance to have to change out a battery yourself and then have to do it again a week later. These things aren't exactly plug and play. It's a process to remove the tire pump, then the bolts, etc. And time is money. Same reason I haven't bothered to replace my battery even though it clearly has at best a year left.

What you are experiencing is the issues people run into when buying cutting edge products from a newish company that is scaling rapidly. They probably have staff and process issues to resolve. On this thread one battery went out without stickers, another one was a dead testing battery, and then two perfect batteries. On other threads most people got a perfect product out of the box but there are exceptions. It’s like an electric car company in 2012 where initial vehicles needed a lot of fixes, but owners loved the cutting edge product. They will sort it out eventually. Sucks for you and Scott in the near term.

Last edited by stealthpilot; 04-04-2019 at 12:29 PM.
Old 04-06-2019, 04:21 PM
kouzman
Racer

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

And this is how you lose 46 pounds!!!! About half hours worth of work because I didn't have my ratchet extension to remove the freaking bolt under the wipers! I couldn't believe how heavy the stock battery is!

Old 04-06-2019, 04:53 PM
Antigravity
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,014 Likes on 571 Posts

What you are experiencing is the issues people run into when buying cutting edge products from a newish company that is scaling rapidly.
Just to clarify a bit.... we are not a "new company", somewhat new to Porsche Owners, but been around since 2010.

Problem was I sort of just got a bit in front of myself and pushed to ship fast to make customers with back orders happy, and in a rush we accidentally sent 2 batteries without stickers on the cases, and a test unit. my bad.

But we've been around officially since 2010. An in 2013 we made the game changing MICRO-STARTs.... over 1 million MICRO-STARTs sold since then. Roughly half that in Motorcycle/Powersport Markets. But the Car battery that you see now is the latest, but we've actually done them for three years but only ONE model at a time. First was RS-20 , then RS-30, and the this year new OEM versions.

The MICRO-START was the big hit, we came out with that in early 2013, and anybody from a Mechanic to a student could use it, and it just created a completely new segment in the Industry. Yes Schumacher, NOCO, and others have them... and are companies with 50 years in automotive, and 50x Bigger companies... but we caught everybody by surprise, and we created it and we are still beating some of those bigger companies butt's in some segments without having 1/100th of the advertising, or resources. And it solely because the name Antigravity MICRO-START is still seen as the top product of its type for those who know. We sell to the Armed Forces all branches, Navy Seals too (pretty cool), most of the School Districts, Insurance companies like USAA and Governments fleets. You can check my original videos from 2013 after we released the MICRO-START (SEE BELOW) It was in our first small warehouse at the time with my bikes there for testing.... 145k hits from a video from a company (Antigravity) with absolutely no Youtube presence, or brand recognition outside of Powersports, we didn't do Auto Batteries back then..... It was crazy. We sold 200,000 units in a half a year back then... thats crazy. That was when we scaled too fast. But that model in the video started every other company making their own version but we beat them to the punch.

So just wanted to say some may have not heard of us, but we aren't new, or new to the Lithium Segment, this is all we have ever done.

Old 04-06-2019, 05:07 PM
Antigravity
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by kouzman
And this is how you lose 46 pounds!!!! About half hours worth of work because I didn't have my ratchet extension to remove the freaking bolt under the wipers! I couldn't believe how heavy the stock battery is!
Thanks for showing that!

I did a video after we did a Group Buy on the RS-30 (previous battery) last year. Not a good vid, just me on my phone with no one home to help hold the camera... but shows all the details of the swap so people can see how easy it is. SKIP TO 2:40 seconds in the video for the install process.

Yes, that extension is a MUST unfortunately, they buried the one bolt way back there on the firewall. But yeah its a quick change. That looks like an H8 Battery in there also. Which is even heavier than the H6 that was in mine. For people who do this... sit in the frunk because that is absolutely a back tweaker if you try to get the Lead/Acid battery out without sitting in the frunk.

Old 04-11-2019, 10:52 AM
onfireTTS
Rennlist Member

Received 1,113 Likes on 859 Posts

I've only used it for the battery functionality so far, but it didn't do any auto-detection. Under "BMS" for the battery there was an option for "911 (991)" under Porsche and once it connected it gave the option of doing the replacement or showing the settings. The settings didn't seem like the settings for the battery itself and looked more like a list of the electrical components in the car and their status (ie. "PCM OK"), but I didn't go all the way through it as it was long. The battery change procedure lets you input a capacity, type of battery (from a list), serial number and part number. I just used all zeros for the serial and part number. It tells you how many digits it needs for each. I plan on going through the rest options when time allows but if there is something specific on it you want me to check let me know. It's probably kinda expensive just for doing the battery change, but maybe not depending on dealer costs.
Just a heads up for later model years. It will not work on 2019 and possibly not on some 2018’s. I bought one and added 161 updates to it and it would not work on my 2019 TTS. After a few emails with Autel, they are taking it back and acknowledging it is for 2017 and earlier.
Old 04-11-2019, 06:19 PM
Penn4S
Rennlist Member

Received 1,335 Likes on 752 Posts

Originally Posted by Antigravity
Polivoks/Zac, you are stooping to telling untruths. You are forcing me to post my screenshots of my email to you. You wrote to me refusing to take my offer unless I apologized. I wrote back apologizing, then you responded you wanted the apology on the forum. I understand you want to control me, make the business feel your power over us. Sorry.... I'm not going to extorted like this. I don't want you as a Customer. You have just lied openly on the forum about me and I draw the line when people lie.

You were offered a battery replacement, then you were offered to be fully refunded and cost associated... you REFUSED both based on receiving an apology also. I've offered you beyond what you purchased and you want more. As I say, not about resolution, but agenda based. I just hope you agenda does not encompass lowering yourself to intentionally damaging the product to have more negative to write about us. Lets hope not.

I have to say I've been following this thread since it started as I will be a near future buyer of a battery.
To be totally honest and straightforward you have handled this whole thing about as poorly as it could have been handled. My goal in business is to always make sure my customers have the best experience dealing with my company and product not to prove I'm always right.
Where I may have been a future customer I now have serious doubt. My advice would be to leave the customer service to other folks in your company and stay off the forums.
Old 04-11-2019, 06:53 PM
stealthpilot
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Penn4S
I have to say I've been following this thread since it started as I will be a near future buyer of a battery.
To be totally honest and straightforward you have handled this whole thing about as poorly as it could have been handled. My goal in business is to always make sure my customers have the best experience dealing with my company and product not to prove I'm always right.
Where I may have been a future customer I now have serious doubt. My advice would be to leave the customer service to other folks in your company and stay off the forums.
Has Polivoks even received a replacement battery yet? Clearly he was shipped a battery with no stickers so they surely can’t leave him hanging!
Old 04-11-2019, 09:27 PM
Penn4S
Rennlist Member

Received 1,335 Likes on 752 Posts

I just don't understand all the attitude. Want your business to be successful just make your customers happy.
Old 04-11-2019, 11:46 PM
Antigravity
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Has Polivoks even received a replacement battery yet? Clearly he was shipped a battery with no stickers so they surely can’t leave him hanging!
Hi Stealthpilot....

Just want to make sure YOU are satisfied with the UPGRADED MICRO-START we generously exchanged and UPGRADED you with FREE of charge a few weeks ago. I see you are quite worried about Polivoks, and our Customer Service still...

Did this meet with your requirements for Customer Service?
Old 04-12-2019, 01:54 AM
stealthpilot
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Antigravity
Hi Stealthpilot....

Just want to make sure YOU are satisfied with the UPGRADED MICRO-START we generously exchanged and UPGRADED you with FREE of charge a few weeks ago. I see you are quite worried about Polivoks, and our Customer Service still...

Did this meet with your requirements for Customer Service?
Yes thanks. That was excellent service. I have received it last Friday and returned the previous one.

I posted about this earlier. I was pleased that the XP3 can also fit in the glovebox alongside the owners manual.
Old 04-12-2019, 02:42 AM
Polivoks
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I didn't receive a replacement battery. I did receive the missing charger and some of the battery stickers. I'm missing a serial number sticker and key fob stickers based on pics in this thread. At least I have the warning sticker on it now so shops know it's a lithium battery.

I still haven't received any communication from Antigravity. Hopefully I don't have any warranty issues because their claim form: https://shop.antigravitybatteries.co...ty/claim-form/requires a serial number and they didn't send that. I certainly hope Antigravity isn't refusing to warranty my battery because they didn't like posts in this thread.

Last edited by Polivoks; 04-12-2019 at 02:58 AM.
Old 04-12-2019, 03:48 AM
stealthpilot
Rennlist Member

I didn't receive a replacement battery. I did receive the missing charger and some of the battery stickers. I'm missing a serial number sticker and key fob stickers based on pics in this thread. At least I have the warning sticker on it now so shops know it's a lithium battery.

I still haven't received any communication from Antigravity. Hopefully I don't have any warranty issues because their claim form: https://shop.antigravitybatteries.co...ty/claim-form/requires a serial number and they didn't send that. I certainly hope Antigravity isn't refusing to warranty my battery because they didn't like posts in this thread.
Hopefully just an omission. I am sure Antigravity will get those missing fob stickers and the serial number out to you as soon as possible. Antigravity seems to take pride in great customer service.

Last edited by stealthpilot; 04-12-2019 at 02:49 PM.
Old 04-12-2019, 08:39 AM
928 GT R
Rennlist Member

Received 5,376 Likes on 2,066 Posts

Wow, just Wow...

Perhaps this company should change its name to ATTITUDE-GRAVITY BATTERIES!

After reading this thread in it's entirety, I do not care if this product is better than it's competition for a short period of time, I will never buy an Antigravity battery.

Scotts attitude toward his customers and potential customers is simply horrendous.

I was quite interested in buying multiple batteries from Antigravity. I am pleased to see this technology advancing so quickly, to learn about it and become an informed consumer. This discussion has me concluding that Antigravity has serious quality control and customer satisfaction issues. Instead of working on solving those problems the President of the company is bickering with and debasing customers that have legitimate concerns with both the product and customer service. Imagine what it would be like to deal with Antigravity if there were a fire or other serious problem with their product! Name calling and bullying is not going to cut it in a court of law.

Plus, the notion of having more fobs floating around and needing battery replacement right when you need them is not appealing.

Like Worf, (see post #7) I can watch this market develop and I will wait for the competition to leapfrog this product.

Customer gone!

Last edited by 928 GT R; 04-13-2019 at 08:50 AM.

Quick Reply: New Antigravity lightweight battery