Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

UGH
Old 03-23-2019, 08:03 PM
onfireTTS
Drifting

Received 1,091 Likes on 842 Posts

Originally Posted by Antigravity
I'm not going to take anything as a ding or a blast, you have a legitimate question.

There are many variable within the battery... a Circuit board is actually very light... so that's grams/ounces...

The bigger issue is the competing brand is using Cylindrical Cells which each individual Cell has a Steel or sometimes Aluminum enclosure. Our Antigravity Battery for this particular 40Ah battery is using a 20Ah Pouch Cell...

So it's ONE 20Ah Pouch Cell at 3.2v . Where as each Cylindrical cell is 2.5Ah per cell x 3.2V. So it would take 8 pieces of Cylindrical Cells to make 20Ah at 3.2v. So you need 8 individual Cylindric cells to make what one individual cell of ours does...

So to make a 12.8v, 20Ah Battery using our Pouch Cells it takes 4 pieces wired in Series. WE then have another row Paralleled to make it 40 Ah.... So 8 cells total makes 40Ah.

But to make a 12.8v 20Ah Battery using Cylindrical Cells takes 32 pieces wired in a Parallel and Series configuration. then double that to get 40Ah. So 64 Cylindric cells to make 40Ah

So that is a lot more Cases taking up weight... but you also have to consider the "interconnectors that connect all the Cylindric Cells together on the Cylindrical cells, addtional weight.

So that can create a significant weight difference... but keep in mind you are talking another 10Ah in the 50Ah battery you have (16 more cells) so you then add the extra weight compared to our 40Ah and it should be about correct in the difference in weight. Also depends on how they adhere the battery pack in the Case too.
Thanks. Interesting efficiency design.
Old 03-27-2019, 08:42 PM
stealthpilot
Three Wheelin'

Received 132 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by kouzman
no doubt. Especially for cars that are not just track queens.
I ll shoot a few photos tomorrow when I mount it.
hey Kouzman

Any update? Did you install it?
Old 03-27-2019, 10:47 PM
kouzman
Racer

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by stealthpilot
hey Kouzman

Any update? Did you install it?
Not yet. I left the easiest job along with the anti buffeting mirror covers for last.

...And then I stabbed myself between the middle and index finger with a Philips screwdriver... Kind of freaky! no ligaments hurt thank god just a hole between my fingers! the freaking thing went in about an inch or so!!! a tetanus shot and some antibiotics are taking care of a possible infection... I am sure you don't want to see those pictures! LOL!

I will do the work this coming weekend. I also ordered the Bluetooth monitoring device. it looks like a simple little gadget to have! I will report as soon as I have the install completed.
Old 03-28-2019, 01:10 AM
stealthpilot
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by kouzman
Not yet. I left the easiest job along with the anti buffeting mirror covers for last.

...And then I stabbed myself between the middle and index finger with a Philips screwdriver... Kind of freaky! no ligaments hurt thank god just a hole between my fingers! the freaking thing went in about an inch or so!!! a tetanus shot and some antibiotics are taking care of a possible infection... I am sure you don't want to see those pictures! LOL!

I will do the work this coming weekend. I also ordered the Bluetooth monitoring device. it looks like a simple little gadget to have! I will report as soon as I have the install completed.
Sorry to hear! Be careful!

I just received the Bluetooth monitoring device too. Will install it over the weekend.
Old 03-28-2019, 09:24 AM
Nanook
Burning Brakes

Received 204 Likes on 158 Posts

Stealth did you take the leap and purchase one ?..I'm on the fence just waiting for my car to arrive..
Old 03-28-2019, 01:52 PM
Polivoks
Intermediate

I purchased a H6 RS 40AH battery and a Micro-Start Sport at around the same time earlier this week. I have not received the H6 battery yet, but I did receive the Micro-Start Sport.

Despite what Antigravity says, it was _not_ able to jump start my barely dead 991.2 Turbo. I followed the instructions completely, made sure the unit was fully charged, etc. Tried a few times and could never start the car. The battery had enough charge that the key fob works and lights come on. If it cannot start it with this much charge, how could it ever start a car that was completely dead and you had to energize the frunk to get into? I don't think you could rely on this when you need it. I contacted their support but have not received any response back yet.

If the Micro-Start Sport doesn't perform like they say it will, it is making me quite concerned the battery will not either. I am trying to decide if I should just send it back now and avoid any problems. The last thing I want is to get stranded somewhere and have the restart functionality fail on me.
Old 03-28-2019, 02:48 PM
Antigravity
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 977 Likes on 542 Posts

Originally Posted by Polivoks
I purchased a H6 RS 40AH battery and a Micro-Start Sport at around the same time earlier this week. I have not received the H6 battery yet, but I did receive the Micro-Start Sport.

Despite what Antigravity says, it was _not_ able to jump start my barely dead 991.2 Turbo. I followed the instructions completely, made sure the unit was fully charged, etc. Tried a few times and could never start the car. The battery had enough charge that the key fob works and lights come on. If it cannot start it with this much charge, how could it ever start a car that was completely dead and you had to energize the frunk to get into? I don't think you could rely on this when you need it. I contacted their support but have not received any response back yet.

If the Micro-Start Sport doesn't perform like they say it will, it is making me quite concerned the battery will not either. I am trying to decide if I should just send it back now and avoid any problems. The last thing I want is to get stranded somewhere and have the restart functionality fail on me.

Sorry for your experience, you can sent it back for a full refund, we'll pay the shipping back. But I PROMISE you the SPORT could EASILY start ANY year Porsche Turbo. You said your Turbo wasn't even completely dead... that SPORT would rip start it. It can start a Chevy Silverado Truck with V8 350 Cubic inch Motor which is a more difficult start actually. So I'm not saying your experience isn't accurate for you.. but that SPORT can start it easily. From your description it didn't even work? There may be a potential problem, but just call us and we'll go over it with you.

Additionally you said you reached out to us...did you call us? We are open from 8am to 4pm Pacific Time and the Phone# 310 527 2330 is on the Retail Box, in the Users Manual and our Website. I see you posting on here and saying your experience was bad, and you say you tried to contact us, but if you call us we can assist you immediately. If you email us it might take up to an hour to get a response sometimes. . But we do have four phone lines and two techs always available... So maybe before saying the product isn't working correctly you can give us a call, let us walk you through things to check to see if perhaps there was a faulty unit, or your there was a mis-connection or other issue. We'd be glad to assist.

Last, I see this is your FIRST post on Rennlist, and you chose to post something negative about our product before calling us out about your problem and giving us the ability to assist or see what might be happening. That your prerogative, but I want to state we have a great reputation for our Products and Customer Service and it would be nice if you could communicate with us and explain what the issues you are experiencing are before saying you had a negative experience openly. The fact is it might be something simple.

Last, feel free to send back any products for a full refund even if you think they just look stupid.... that how good we are about making sure we take care of our Customers. Our products kick-butt, and work as we say. We sold over 100 pieces of the RS-30 in a Group Buy last year and I don't see people saying how bad they are... which they would. But again, if your unhappy send it back please.
Old 03-28-2019, 04:28 PM
Polivoks
Intermediate

Sorry for your experience, you can sent it back for a full refund, we'll pay the shipping back. But I PROMISE you the SPORT could EASILY start ANY year Porsche Turbo. You said your Turbo wasn't even completely dead... that SPORT would rip start it. It can start a Chevy Silverado Truck with V8 350 Cubic inch Motor which is a more difficult start actually. So I'm not saying your experience isn't accurate for you.. but that SPORT can start it easily. From your description it didn't even work? There may be a potential problem, but just call us and we'll go over it with you.
Yes, you promised me that it would. However, _it does not_. You can promise all you want but that doesn't make it true. Your support even backs me up. They told me to RMA the device and they will send me a more powerful one:

"
Dear Sir,Please submit warranty claim on the Sport device at the online form at http://bit.ly/agbclaim. When I receive this, I will send you shipping label via email to put on box to return this device to us. When you do this, I will send you a Micro-start XP-3. This will have more cranking amps and will remedy your issue.Please let me know if you have any issue with what I proposed/explained."

so basically why would I need to RMA for a more powerful starter if the Sport would work? It doesn't work that's why. If it worked I wouldn't have to be here warning others! Can you imagine if I bought this and never tested it and went to use it months later and discovered this? I'd actually be upset then.

Additionally you said you reached out to us...did you call us? We are open from 8am to 4pm Pacific Time and the Phone# 310 527 2330 is on the Retail Box, in the Users Manual and our Website. I see you posting on here and saying your experience was bad, and you say you tried to contact us, but if you call us we can assist you immediately. If you email us it might take up to an hour to get a response sometimes. . But we do have four phone lines and two techs always available... So maybe before saying the product isn't working correctly you can give us a call, let us walk you through things to check to see if perhaps there was a faulty unit, or your there was a mis-connection or other issue. We'd be glad to assist.
I would expect a product just to work and not need to spend time on the phone. Yesterday afternoon I wrote up a detailed step by step of what I did. I updated that last night. I received a response back this afternoon telling me to RMA. I didn't do anything wrong - go read my emails.

Last, I see this is your FIRST post on Rennlist, and you chose to post something negative about our product before calling us out about your problem and giving us the ability to assist or see what might be happening. That your prerogative, but I want to state we have a great reputation for our Products and Customer Service and it would be nice if you could communicate with us and explain what the issues you are experiencing are before saying you had a negative experience openly. The fact is it might be something simple.
Does it matter if it's my 1st post or my 10,000th? The facts are the same. But if you think I'm an idiot or liar because I have one post, you're welcome to come to my GT-R forum where I have thousands. PM me for the link.

Last, feel free to send back any products for a full refund even if you think they just look stupid.... that how good we are about making sure we take care of our Customers. Our products kick-butt, and work as we say. We sold over 100 pieces of the RS-30 in a Group Buy last year and I don't see people saying how bad they are... which they would. But again, if your unhappy send it back please.
If you're going to continue to blame me instead of taking responsibility for your products I certainly will. Attacking me while ignoring the shortcomings of your product is exactly the thing I want to avoid.

You haven't explained provided any technical explanation for anything except to blame me for not calling you.

Last edited by Polivoks; 03-28-2019 at 05:04 PM.
Old 03-28-2019, 10:55 PM
Antigravity
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Polivoks
Yes, you promised me that it would. However, _it does not_. You can promise all you want but that doesn't make it true. Your support even backs me up. They told me to RMA the device and they will send me a more powerful one:

"
Dear Sir,Please submit warranty claim on the Sport device at the online form at http://bit.ly/agbclaim. When I receive this, I will send you shipping label via email to put on box to return this device to us. When you do this, I will send you a Micro-start XP-3. This will have more cranking amps and will remedy your issue.Please let me know if you have any issue with what I proposed/explained."

so basically why would I need to RMA for a more powerful starter if the Sport would work? It doesn't work that's why. If it worked I wouldn't have to be here warning others! Can you imagine if I bought this and never tested it and went to use it months later and discovered this? I'd actually be upset then.

I would expect a product just to work and not need to spend time on the phone. Yesterday afternoon I wrote up a detailed step by step of what I did. I updated that last night. I received a response back this afternoon telling me to RMA. I didn't do anything wrong - go read my emails.

Does it matter if it's my 1st post or my 10,000th? The facts are the same. But if you think I'm an idiot or liar because I have one post, you're welcome to come to my GT-R forum where I have thousands. PM me for the link.

If you're going to continue to blame me instead of taking responsibility for your products I certainly will. Attacking me while ignoring the shortcomings of your product is exactly the thing I want to avoid.

You haven't explained provided any technical explanation for anything except to blame me for not calling you.
First off.... freaking hand-claps for my staff.... I see from your response they actually offered you an UPGRADE and Shipping back for the SPORT!!!! Kudos to them for ROCKING the Customer Service.

Secondly, I see they were offering you the XP-3 to make you happy, I can tell you it was NOT to claim a SPORT would not do the job, they were trying to make a Customer happy... They did it well and I'm stoked.

I personally am not as good as my staff at Customer Service. I'm blunt, forward and say my opinions, but I'm fact based, and stand 100% behind our product and you will not be out one penny, nor would anybody else if they are unhappy with our products. We will pay for the shipping back and give you a full refund immediately. I will not back down on the fact that the SPORT could easily start a 992. So there may have been some problem, I don't know what.. but it could easily start a 992.

So I think we keep this simple. You are angry, I want to diffuse that so you don't have to deal with me or our products. We will send you shipping labels and cover the cost of both products being shipped back that you bought. Does that work for you? Email me at scott@antigravitybatteries.com and I will have them email you the return shipping labels first thing tomorrow.

Last edited by Antigravity; 03-28-2019 at 11:54 PM.
Old 03-29-2019, 09:11 AM
stealthpilot
Three Wheelin'

I bought a micostart sport a month ago but I am wondering if it would have been better to have bought an XP-3?

I love how easily the sport fits in the glove box. Although to be honest i doubt I will ever have the need to use this device.
Old 03-29-2019, 11:56 AM
Antigravity
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

I bought a micostart sport a month ago but I am wondering if it would have been better to have bought an XP-3?

I love how easily the sport fits in the glove box. Although to be honest i doubt I will ever have the need to use this device.
Hey Stealth.... please don't worry about buying anything from us. Send it back today, no problem at ALL.... Full refund, I don't even car if you used it, or if you don't have the box anymore. We'll send you a return shipping label.

I do not want any person worrying about anything we produce. If you want to trade it up to the XP3 I will also do that free of charge. If anyone doesn't like a battery.... return it. No sweat. You not stuck with our products.

Polivoks has done exactly what he wanted to achieve and that was to create fear or doubt. Which is frustrating because I really like the SPORT and know what it can do. But I want to move on, I've offered him all I can, and would hate to have others doubting our products.

I will gladly change you out to the XP-3, send me an email at scott@antigravitybatteries.com and get me your address. I'll have out staff email you a return Shipping label and send an XP-3.
Old 03-29-2019, 12:46 PM
stealthpilot
Three Wheelin'

Hey Stealth.... please don't worry about buying anything from us. Send it back today, no problem at ALL.... Full refund, I don't even car if you used it, or if you don't have the box anymore. We'll send you a return shipping label.

I do not want any person worrying about anything we produce. If you want to trade it up to the XP3 I will also do that free of charge. If anyone doesn't like a battery.... return it. No sweat. You not stuck with our products.

Polivoks has done exactly what he wanted to achieve and that was to create fear or doubt. Which is frustrating because I really like the SPORT and know what it can do. But I want to move on, I've offered him all I can, and would hate to have others doubting our products.

I will gladly change you out to the XP-3, send me an email at scott@antigravitybatteries.com and get me your address. I'll have out staff email you a return Shipping label and send an XP-3.
Thanks.

BTW I got your battery tracker and installed it. It's an amazing piece of tech. I really like it. Honestly everyone should have one.

When I first plugged it in the voltage was around 12.3v which the app reported as low voltage. So I plugged in the battery tender and it rose up to 13.23v which it reports as 100%. I also tested the crank voltage and the charging voltage. All normal. This is the original battery which was completely dead a few weeks ago but which I recovered with the Porsche charge-o-mat.

The battery tracker was very easy to install and use. It's really convenient. There are only two things I think I would like to see in the next app update: 1) A way to sync the data with dropbox so you can view it remotely. 2) Ability to change the horizontal axis on the voltage history chart.

One other comment - the app asks for permission to access location data on iOS. Not sure why so I set it to only while using app.

Name:  photo765.jpg
Views: 907
Size:  294.1 KB
Name:  photo158.jpg
Views: 922
Size:  56.2 KB
Name:  photo640.jpg
Views: 871
Size:  297.0 KB
Name:  photo280.jpg
Views: 894
Size:  333.7 KB

Last edited by stealthpilot; 03-29-2019 at 01:28 PM.
Old 03-29-2019, 01:40 PM
stealthpilot
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Nanook
Stealth did you take the leap and purchase one ?..I'm on the fence just waiting for my car to arrive..
Not yet. I want to see how much parasitic drain I have on my battery before I commit to moving to a lower capacity lithium battery.
Old 03-29-2019, 04:23 PM
Antigravity
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Thanks.

BTW I got your battery tracker and installed it. It's an amazing piece of tech. I really like it. Honestly everyone should have one.

When I first plugged it in the voltage was around 12.3v which the app reported as low voltage. So I plugged in the battery tender and it rose up to 13.23v which it reports as 100%. I also tested the crank voltage and the charging voltage. All normal. This is the original battery which was completely dead a few weeks ago but which I recovered with the Porsche charge-o-mat.

The battery tracker was very easy to install and use. It's really convenient. There are only two things I think I would like to see in the next app update: 1) A way to sync the data with dropbox so you can view it remotely. 2) Ability to change the horizontal axis on the voltage history chart.

One other comment - the app asks for permission to access location data on iOS. Not sure why so I set it to only while using app.
I'm stoked you got to use it.

A Couple things...

1- You can change the name to your car which you might not have gotten to yet...at the top with the funky numbers that will change to what you name it when you go to settings (gear icon) and select edit in Bluetooth Device.

2- The first page is 5 minutes of REAL TIME Voltage so you will see that line as active and moving when you start looking at it.... you probably understood that. But I like it because it reflects the current loads on the battery. Good if your testing some stuff.

3- If you notice the Historical Graph Page... it is taking the voltage every two minutes over the prior 31 days... but you can slide your finger on the screen and you will see a RED Line appear and tell you the exact voltage AND time of that voltage... The bottom 0-24 numbers are the 24 hours of a day... the top reading when sliding your finger is the Hours and minutes of that day , and the Middle reading in Red is the voltage you were at during that time....

4- There are a couple additions I would like to do... one is exporting like you said. Then I would like it to EXPAND on the graph so it could work with a Pinching technique like for Photos... but as I learned creating an App is a quite time consuming thing, and a bit more complicated than I thought. But we are working on the functionality for future updates.

T

Quick Reply: New Antigravity lightweight battery